PDA

View Full Version : Third Aircraft for GSS

P22
22nd Jun 2003, 02:41
G-GSSC arrives next week (ex-TNT aircraft). Capt vacancies from internal promotion. Some ex-TNT F/Os joining on permanent contracts and more being 'borrowed' from AACS. G-GSSB off for several weeks mid-July for heavy maintenance. A great 'airline' with good management, excelent training dept and very happy crews.

manamana
22nd Jun 2003, 11:14
So what do we have to do to get a job there?

Piece of Cake
22nd Jun 2003, 17:52
manamana

Check out their website for more info, they are a pretty sound company to work for.

http://www.gssair.co.uk

Brgds

PoC

74world
24th Jun 2003, 13:39
P22,

I am sorry but what you said about GSS third A/C is not correct.....
N494MC was dry lease to GSS as a temporary mesure to cover a D check for GSSB.

GSSB will enter a D check on JULY 13.

Also you've forgot to mentioned that ACTIVE BA pilots can bid for DIRECT ENTRY CAPTS positions......that was a deal between BALPA, BA and GSS's management, no dought that you are aware that the union has tried since day one to shut down GSS......

;)

For info we, at AACS are NOT willing to fly for GSS, the reason???well ask the guys that have just came back!!!!:cool:

Then again if I was unemployed I would probably take the job (but it would not be my last aviation job)....:E

Cheers

Captain Airclues
24th Jun 2003, 16:47
74world

Perhaps you should check your info and get back to us?

I'm sure that the guys who went back to AACS had valid reasons for doing so, but the guys who stayed seem very happy to be starting their command upgrades.

Airclues

74world
24th Jun 2003, 18:02
Hello Captain Airclues,

Once again,the reason N494MC went to GSS was to cover a D check..........This is the OFFICIAL reason Atlas gave us on our company web site, but maybe you have other information????

In my previous post I was only referring to what the company told us!!!!!

Regarding the guys that went and stayed in GSS, those guys were junior in AACS and thought that by going to GSS they would get a command quicker......
I don't know who you've talked to but the guys are NOT happy there.

Do you know our previous manager Mike Bull????
Well the guy in charge of GSS is a lot worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a position in GSS don't forget your Vasseline because you will need it!!!
:p

Captain Airclues
24th Jun 2003, 19:33
74world

I think that you have been given duff gen.

It looks as though the guys who stayed have done rather well then doesn't it? I can understand your bitterness. The guys that I fly with seem very happy, particularly those about to change seats.

There will always be problems with a new startup but GSS has an excellent management team and they are working with the pilots to produce a solid and secure operation.

I don't intend to get into a slanging match. You have made your decision and I wouldn't dream of critisizing either you or your employer. Perhaps you could treat us with the same respect?

Airclues

74world
24th Jun 2003, 23:53
Captain Airclues,

With your comments you are either a management pilot, an ex BA direct entry Capt or you've spent to much time in the coffee shops in Ams?????

Nothing more to say on that subject, enjoy GSS.....;)

thunderclap
8th Jul 2003, 07:48
74world

A few facts.

1) N494MC was due to come to GSS as GGSSC, but Atlas could not get the necessary paperwork done in time for the deadline, so guess what, Atlas are now going to wet-lease to GSS for the time SSB is on a D check from the 13th July to 15th August.
2) Only TWO co-pilots chose to go back to AACS and they had family reasons for so doing.
3) BALPA has not tried to close GSS down from day one. Many years ago, BALPA agreed with BA that as long as there were six or less freighters, the work could be farmed out, but if there were more than six, then the work would have to come inhouse. BALPA was against EU work being done by non-EU registered aircraft crewed by Americans, whether it be Atlas or AACS, as was the government. Hence GSS was born with UK registered aircraft crewed by JAA licenced pilots to do the BA contract. I only wish that Italy would take the same stand with the Alitalia contract.
4) As for personalities, the former boss of AACS was well known as Dr NO. i.e. NO now what is the question?
As for GSS, ALL of the Management team are friendly, caring and above all honest. All the pilots in GSS seem happy and work well together. The only gripe is the rather poor pay which led to many pilots being very unhappy at the beginning of the year but that has now melted away.
5) Finally, the question of Active pilots in BA being able to bid into GSS. This I believe was agreed between BALPA, BA and GSS and will be on the next winter bidding preference. However, do not forget that they will not be on BA pay and conditions but those of GSS, so doubtful if any would want to come to GSS.

Regards,

thunderclap

"remember, pull to go up, pull even harder to go down!!!!"