PDA

View Full Version : Concorde

mr.777
11th Apr 2003, 05:56
Anyone out there know where I can get cheap Concorde tickets from?Cheapest found so far is £2600 rtn on AF,which is pretty reasonable but anything cheaper would obviously be good.
If any BA staff are reading,any offers going on in BA news?My sis is crew,but on hols at the moment so just trying to get something organised.I know there were some offers earlier in the year.
Had the pleasure of flying Concorde subsonic from LHR to CDG in my days as a dispatcher for AF....but want to try the REAL thing before its too late!
Thanks for any help,
777. ;)

PAXboy
11th Apr 2003, 06:45
They issued some specials but they went in a couple of hours. I should know as I have one. (Sorry! :)) I'm holding my breath until I get confirmation t'row.

If you want anything from the staff - I doubt it. Everyone is after them. The discounted period was during the school hols but stop on Sept 6th. Also, with Conc. no one way tickets. You buy the full return or a special. Todays bunch was one-way with a sub-sonic return.

There is a major thread running in Reporting Points and our Chief Pilot does not like multiple threads, so I won't go on.

bealine
11th Apr 2003, 16:29
According to Pravda (sorry, BA News!) apparently, from yesterday (10 Apr 03) there are 1000 British Airways seats being sold at:

£1,999 one way Concorde, one way World Traveller sub-sonic

£2,199 one-way Concorde, one way World Traveller Plus sub-sonic

£2,999 one-way Concorde, one-way Club World

£3,499 one way Concorde, one way First sub sonic

£3,999 Concorde return

Booking can be made through 0845 77 333 77 or through Travel Agents.

Hope this helps

:cool:

christep
11th Apr 2003, 18:18
From what we read elsewhere these sold out within the day.

PAXboy
12th Apr 2003, 00:46
They did! and I got one of the last!!!! The agent was seriously helpful and found me a seat on August 8th. A boyhood dream, also that of my late father who was a flying man. My whole family are going to be very cross that they did not get there!

Naturally, I cannot afford it but what else are credit cards for and just think of all the BA Miles! It is Conc out and 744 back. The outbound gives mileage and the return does not.

Now, I just have to keep myself alive for the next four months, so I can die happy! :ok:

MerchantVenturer
12th Apr 2003, 02:26
Very pleased for you PAXboy, have a great trip.

One or two people think quite a lot of Concorde where I live.

In view of the overwhelming demand, I wonder if there is any chance that BA would extend the deadline date for Concorde's final trip, or is the airline still losing money at these prices, even though the aircraft will be full?

PAXboy
12th Apr 2003, 20:06
Thanks MV, I lived in Bristol for four very happy years and often re-visit. It is the only place that I have lived in that I would consider moving back to!

The thread in Reporting Points is covering all of the options. It is highly active and now on Page 10, so it would take a while to work through.

The short answer is that the bean counters have taken the decision and that it must go. Interestingly, one of the key points to emerge this morning is - that with the French deciding to stop operations, BA has almost no choice. This because AF and BA work very closley on spares and so forth.

This is why folks are also saying that, no matter what buy out of the crews may be possible by VS (say!), without AF operating, the costs would be beyond a single carrier.

Once again, there are only two routes out of the UK on which this machine can operate. Someone counted 23 direct LHR~JFK flights on a single day this week.

Many components have to be made specifically to order, almost everything that goes into the machine is non-standard. So it goes on.

knobbygb
13th Apr 2003, 02:19
On the subject of tickets, does anybody know if Airmiles are likely to repeat their recent special offer? One could do a return trip LHR-JFK on the old girl for 10,500 miles if booked by the end of January. I WAS 300 MILES SHORT !!! but now have enough. Never mind, I thought - there's always next time. Bl00dy typical. :*

PAXboy
13th Apr 2003, 05:36
knobby - AirMiles web site not showing anything special that I can find. Ring them as folks might not have tried that route.

Globaliser
14th Apr 2003, 02:51
Anyway, there are virtually no award seats left for her remaining time, which is what Air Miles would be booking if you booked a flight for miles.