PDA

View Full Version : CargoLux

edk
7th Apr 2003, 09:21
I'm looking for any information about cargolux, good, bad, or indifferent. If anyone out there has any please pass it along.

Avius
7th Apr 2003, 11:43
Reasonably good company, but it entirely depends on your situation.

They are requiring that you live in or nearby Luxembourg. If you plan to commute, it will be hard on you. Luxembourg is not very good connected to the Passenger Airline Network and you will get no or limited tickets with Luxair, which ironically owns parts of Cargolux. Cannot depend on any ID90 tickets to get from/to work.

If you have family and kids, and want to play an active role as parent, you will probably be not happy. Trips are quite long, I believe now 12 days average. Not much choice between livestyle and money.

Money is not bad, rostering not very flexible. No bidding system, rather assigned by crew sheduling. If you are unlucky, they can make your life miserable....But bidding system on the horizon.....for 4 years now...still nothing.

Flying is professional and multicultural which makes it a very enjoyable environment. Equipment and routes are great.....but expect to be long away from home. Not everybody's thing...

Hope this helps

Buster Hyman
7th Apr 2003, 12:30
There are rumours of a second base though....;)

CR2
7th Apr 2003, 14:08
There are rumours of a second base though....

Where's that Buster?

Avius, I think the tix deal with LG has been modified recently, though don't have the info to hand. Worth investigating though.

edit: CLX website (http://www.cargolux.com)

Buster Hyman
7th Apr 2003, 20:01
Now that's the interesting part Ratty. I'm never one to take literally what a crew has dreamt up over an 8 hour flight, but the consistent theme is either Area 1 or my neck of the woods!!;) :rolleyes:

acmi48
10th Apr 2003, 15:28
in a survey recently conducted on living and working in luxembourg with major companies,the selected pariticpants on behalf of cargolux voted 'pride in the organisation' a big factor

buster,dont see a hub in your area,not really a cricketting company ..are they ???

Buster Hyman
11th Apr 2003, 10:18
I agree acmi48, IF it happened, I'd be more inclined to think West Coast USA. But, as I said, they have a lot of time to think about the rumour don't they? ;)