PDA

View Full Version : Is Gulfair+bahrain A Good Place To Be?

gashbag
11th Mar 2003, 11:02
Hello ppruners,
I recently had a job offer as cabincrew for GF.I am in a dilemma as to whether or not to actually go.Are there any current or ex crew out there who would be kind enough to share any information about bahrain,gulfair,how it is to live there and the current situation with me?Any other info would be greatfully recieved.Thankyou in advance.Gashbag.:confused: please will someone reply?:} :confused: :confused: :}

galleygirl
11th Mar 2003, 21:36
hi gashbag,

i was in BAH for 2 years. It is a great place to be. Nice lifestlye, good flying. I think its a great opportunity and you should go for it. However with the current talk of war, i can understand that you may be a but apprehensive. I've spoken to friends who are still there and they say that they feel safe at the moment, although a little concerned about flying around the Gulf. Many have booked leave tickets incase things become really serious they can fly straight home. Its all a bit uncertain. Depends how much you want the job I suppose. I would say go for it, you can always come home.

:)

JRAMIRI
15th Apr 2003, 00:40
Hi Gashbag!

I hope you made it to Bahrain. The war is gone the sandbags are gone and gashbags should be comming!!

I hope you will have super time here.

:ok:

Shani
15th Apr 2003, 14:17
Hey Gashbag !

I guess we are both still in the position to either go or not.... Just heard that 500 cabin crew members have resigned in the last 2 months... They've just been to Bangkok and apparently recruited another 30 girls there. I'm not even exactly sure when I'll be going, do you have any idea ? Anyways, I think I'll go, it's a great experience.

gift
15th Apr 2003, 15:08
i will go to abu dhabi to work with gulf air but dont know when ! anybody know about information ? i mean it's a good place to be and how's life there, routing also ? thank you in advance !!

ferris
15th Apr 2003, 19:56
Have a look at the Middle East forum, there is lots of info there if you do a search. Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha, Bahrain are all fairly similar if you are coming from outside. The subtle differences become apparent after you have been here a while, and from there everyone has different preferences.
The main thing is who your employer is, and whether they look after you. GF people will be able to answer that.

Shani
16th Apr 2003, 15:07
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/9452/index2.htm

Go there for some great info & links about Bahrain.

I've spoken to some people who live in Bahrain and who've worked for GF, most say Bahrain is fine and we'll love it. As with all other airlines a lot of cabin crew did resigned due to the war situation. All seems calm now though and I'm sure we'll be fine.

I have a friend that moved to Bahrain a month ago and he luuurrves it there, he says everything remained as normal in Bahrain.

Qatar seems far worse than GF, gosh ! I won't even compare the two.

Hope to see you in Bahrain !

Gashbag, check your private messages !

Shani