PDA

View Full Version : Lindegaard

KADS
4th Mar 2003, 18:28
I have heard so much negative about this man! Does he really have the confidence of his employees? Do they back him up in his vision of the "new SAS"? Do the people delivering the product approve of his alledged behaviour towards his staff? Is he really trying to save SAS, i.e the airline, or is he sacraficing it for a "more economically viable product"? Outsourcing seems to be his big plan, but by doing this is he slowly destroying the core product, the company that build the brand. Does the working force, the people that built that brand, want to be part of that?
And if not, how long will he sit there? Long enough to cause real damage?

I'm just curious to hear people's opinion on what he really is doing to company! Is SAS gonna come out of this as a stronger, more competitive airline, or is it just going to emerge as a shadow of it's former self, to the benefit of all the "daughter companies", and on the expense of the employees???

What is your opinion?

Bad-Man
4th Mar 2003, 19:32
Almost all Your questions are debated on SAS pilots homepages. If you are not flying in SAS You are kept in the dark, but that is probably for the best.
On the other hand, - you could direct your questions to:
J. Lindegaard
SAS head office
Frösundaviks Allé 1
195 87 Stockholm

Brgds

Ove R. Tallig
16th Mar 2003, 14:57
He has already caused great damage. Outsourcing routes to new members of the SAS Group, simultaneously firing hundreds of SAS pilots. A passenger flying with "Scandinavian Airlines" on the ticket may now fly Widerĝe, Skyways, Air Botna, Braathens, Spanair whatever. The real SAS aircrafts are endangered species.

And when he fired the pilots, it was with a sort of "couldn't care less" attitude: Very limited help from the company to provide new jobs, to organize JAR-FCL conversion of the licenses.

While surplus Braathens groundcrew immediately received economic compensation from SAS, as well as ID-travel benefits, the surplus SAS Commuter pilots ( the first to leave) received NOTHING (except limited ID-travel for one year on SK-routes).

After pushing the SAS leadership for almost one year the surplus SAS Commuter pilots finally received some economic compensation, 6 months salary...

FPX