PDA

View Full Version : BMI to Pakistan?

AP
12th Sep 2002, 20:55
I heard a while ago that BMI is planning on flying to Pakistan is this true?

Wibble Hatstand
12th Sep 2002, 21:49
I heard that they were going to move the entire operation under the bmi baby name to become Pakistans first 'low cost' A330 operator.

Apparently it offered better working and living conditions than CWL ;)

crewrest
13th Sep 2002, 08:32
The Americans recently rejected an offer by the UK Government to allow more US airlines into LHR in return for BMI strating trans-atlantic from there, so I guess they are looking for more routes for the A330.

Will this recent rejection mean BMI gives up it's transatlantic ambitions again?

huw stunn
13th Sep 2002, 09:55
I understand that British carriers are currently 'strongly recommended' not to fly to Pakistan at present by the UK DfT, for security reasons. Thats why BA's LHR-ISB service is suspended.

A300Man
13th Sep 2002, 19:03
There are lots of rumours down here in the Gulf too that bmi are seeking to fly soon to Doha, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Muscat?

The market is already pretty saturated with exisiting carriers on all these routes, although Dubai could probably handle some additional capacity........loads to and from there are currently very good on all carriers.

Count von Altibar
13th Sep 2002, 23:57
I reckon they won't start anywhere new in the short term. The middle east is the last place bmi should go bearing in mind the seemingly imminent military action against Iraq. Things will go down hill rapidly if things 'kick off'.

mudcity
14th Sep 2002, 07:42
rumour from engineers at BHX is that BMI will be operating on the chicago route wef 01nov when american pull out.....engineers had been asked to quote for turnaround maintenance....