PDA

View Full Version : Converting an EASA license to a Peruvian License

asmith474
20th Jun 2024, 13:14
Hi everyone, looking for some information on what the process is regarding a license conversion from an EASA Irish license to a Peruvian one.

After not finding any work in Europe I was thinking of trying in Peru (Dual citizenship). My Total hours are around 230.

Also any insight on what the hiring situation is over there and is fluent Spanish a requirement?
Thanks

rudestuff
20th Jun 2024, 13:58
I'm pretty sure the aviation industry is 100x bigger in Europe, and Spanish will almost certainly be a must. Plenty of people trying to convert - you're the first I've heard of wanting to go in a westerly direction though.!

B2N2
20th Jun 2024, 15:57
I think it’s fair to say that for the whole continent language skills are a hard requirement.
Also with the little flight experience you have you’ll be looking at mountain and/or jungle flying.
I hate being this cynical but this is not where your ‘frozen’ ATPL’s are going to be of any use.

asmith474
26th Jun 2024, 10:07
So far I've had not much opportunity in Europe, still waiting for a response from Wizzair

rudestuff
26th Jun 2024, 10:18
So far I've had not much opportunity in Europe, still waiting for a response from Wizzair
When did you qualify and how many places have you applied to? Have you considered joining an airline in an non-flying position to get your foot in the door?