PDA

View Full Version : Working rights Uk

Beatjunkie
8th Jun 2024, 19:19
Hi all

I moved to the Uk a year ago on a family visa, my wife is British.

I hold a NZ CPL with about 300 hours. It’s been a couple of years since I’ve flown. I gave up on pursuing a career as a pilot after covid hit. I’m always think about it though and it seems like it would be a good time to get back into it.

I understand the conversation process and believe it would take me a couple of years to complete ATPLs and CPL/IR trading ect.

What I’m not sure about is whether after the conversation I would be able to apply for jobs at Uk airlines on my visa. I’m on a 5 year route to ILR and have unrestricted working rights. I’ve tried searching but cannot get a definite answer.

I’d like to start the flight training and exams as soon as possible as I’m now 38 but don’t want to spend the time and money if there is no chance of employment.

Does anyone know if I would have the right to apply or know somebody that has gone this route before.

thanks

rudestuff
8th Jun 2024, 22:08
I’m on a 5 year route to ILR and have unrestricted working rights. I’ve tried searching but cannot get a definite answer.Some answers are so obvious that you won't get a definitive answer.

Beatjunkie
9th Jun 2024, 07:02
I do have the unrestricted right to work, but only for as long as the Visa is valid. The first Visa gives me 2.5 years then I have to reapply for another one before I can apply for the Indefinite leave to remain.

rudestuff
9th Jun 2024, 07:17
Then you're sitting pretty if you qualify at or around the same time as your next visa starts..