PDA

View Full Version : JetBlue 1107 "Minimum Fuel"

SQUAWKIDENT
5th Jun 2024, 19:20
Just been marvelling at how an Airbus A321 Neo can fly non-stop between New York and London. A few minutes later on Heathrow Approach I hear JetBlue 1107 declaring "minimum fuel" in the hold at Ockham (one turn). This is their regular A321 flight from New York to London.

I didn't realise they kept it that tight! Remind me never to fly that airline ;)

Heathrow controllers as always dealt with the situation calmly and got them on the ground a bit earlier than planned. B*ggered up the rest of the stacks though..

(From a slightly concerned PPL who always carries "full tanks":)

chevvron
5th Jun 2024, 19:47
If the crew were really short of fuel they would have declared an emergency. I would guess in this case, 'minimum fuel' meant they'd got to divert to their nominated alternate and would still have 'holding' fuel' when they got there.

Double Hydco
5th Jun 2024, 20:53
Just been marvelling at how an Airbus A321 Neo can fly non-stop between New York and London. A few minutes later on Heathrow Approach I hear JetBlue 1107 declaring "minimum fuel" in the hold at Ockham (one turn). This is their regular A321 flight from New York to London.

Probably best to do a bit of research on what Minimum Fuel actually means before posting…..

SQUAWKIDENT
15th Jun 2024, 14:11
Probably best to do a bit of research on what Minimum Fuel actually means before posting…..

Thanks for your constructive reply.