PDA

View Full Version : Arrested and released during flight training - can he still be employed?

aero_kris
1st Jun 2024, 14:50
Hi, my best friend is currently doing his modular flight training in the UK and he was arrasted a few weeks back for a domestic offence but was released without any charges very quiclky.
There are no charges or anything, he was just arrested, they took an interview from him and released him. His partner made up alot of false alegations or something and there was no evidence so no further action.

He is panicking now because he thinks that having the arrest record would prevent him being employed at an airline.
He is coming to the end of his CPL now and I really feel for him.
I am no law expert so I do not know, but from some research it looks like it should be ok as long as he is honest?
Can someone please share some insight on this topic and perhaps provde an advice? Thanks!

Globally Challenged
2nd Jun 2024, 08:39
Hi, my best friend is currently doing his modular flight training in the UK and he was arrasted a few weeks back for a domestic offence but was released without any charges very quiclky.
There are no charges or anything, he was just arrested, they took an interview from him and released him. His partner made up alot of false alegations or something and there was no evidence so no further action.

He is panicking now because he thinks that having the arrest record would prevent him being employed at an airline.
I am no law expert so I do not know, but from some research it looks like it should be ok as long as he is honest?
Can someone please share some insight on this topic and perhaps provde an advice? Thanks!

Approach DBS for a Basic Disclosure - perhaps call the helpline to find out how long after these events he should wait to make sure the records are current and no future surprises pop up when an employer requests one for airside pass issue.

https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record

aero_kris
2nd Jun 2024, 09:22
Much appreciated, I shall pass along the information!

Abrahn
2nd Jun 2024, 09:32
Approach DBS for a Basic Disclosure

A simple arrest won't be reported on a basic disclosure, and only on enhanced if the chief constable considers it relevant.

I would suggest the question is more around what are airline hiring requirements or destination visa requirements.

flash8
2nd Jun 2024, 11:26
An arrest (and release without charge) for what seems likely a minor domestic dispute will not show on any disclosure, as he has not been charged never mind anything else! he has nothing to worry about. I'd be surprised if he were arrested, charged and then not convicted it would even show then.

More to the point he should realize how lucky he was and change his behaviour accordingly in the future!

G-MILF
2nd Jun 2024, 12:02
Correct, only unspent convictions and cautions show on a Basic Disclosure so there will be no issue in that regard.

Elemeno
2nd Jun 2024, 12:14

Does your ‘friend’ not like the advice he got when he posted about this on Reddit?

aero_kris
2nd Jun 2024, 19:26
Does your ‘friend’ not like the advice he got when he posted about this on Reddit?

I am not sure what you are talking about but thanks for commenting I guess

aero_kris
2nd Jun 2024, 19:27
Thanks for the info everyone, I have passed what along he messages :)

stilton
4th Jun 2024, 03:58
An arrest (and release without charge) for what seems likely a minor domestic dispute will not show on any disclosure, as he has not been charged never mind anything else! he has nothing to worry about. I'd be surprised if he were arrested, charged and then not convicted it would even show then.

More to the point he should realize how lucky he was and change his behaviour accordingly in the future!

Did you miss the part where no charges were filed? Probably because these were indeed false allegations

Why is it so important for you to pile on ?