PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry of airline selection.

JAKESEOUL
1st Jun 2024, 08:58
Hi guys.
I'm 27yrs old and currently have CPL ASEL (will be CPL AMEL within 3mon)
I'm trying to decide the airline that I'll apply these days but it's too hard for me to select one.
a. Low Cost
> This will depend on my skill and luck but I think I'll be applying to low cost airlines around 28
to 29 and finish FO training around 30
b. Legacy
> This will take extra few yrs cause I have to work as CFI in flight school. I expect to apply to the legacy
airline around 30 to 31 and fisnish FO training around 33.

Before finishing the career I'm trying to start.. I wish I could work at legacy airlines.
So if I choose Low cost initially I'm hoping to transit to legacy airlines.

These are my questions ..
1. Do you think going to legacy airline by investing extra 3yrs worth it?
If I choose legacy I'll be spedning all my left 20's in rurual area with low payment. Also I'll be envying my previous collegues who'll be entering Low cost airline as a FO
2. Do Singapore airline accept DEFO applicants who've never flown wide body ACFT with no long range flight experience?
If I go to LOW COST 320 or 737 are the available options. I'm planning to apply to SIN after having at least 4yrs of experience with approx 3000hrs on jet. (IF ABLE)

I also think asking question like #1 seems dumb and immature but really want some advice.
question #2 is also really important cause if SIN does not accept applicants with those requisite I'll be applying to legacy right away.
Thanks for reading
really appreciate it.

cruisepower
1st Jun 2024, 10:43
Getting your first job is very difficult..for some impossible. I doubt you will have choices, you should do more research and understand the reality. I am not discouraging you. My advise would be as soon as you finish your training apply wherever you can and take the first job, the more hr you build the more door it will open.

JAKESEOUL
6th Jun 2024, 07:23
Thanks for your advice cruisepower. Considering your advice and based on my research I'll try to make better results. Appreciate it.