PDA

View Full Version : Are type rating requirement strictly enforced?

Coffeofcup
31st May 2024, 23:38
Multiple airlines in the Middle East has either Boeing or Airbus type rating as one of the requirements in the career page. Eg. 500 hours should be on any Boeing aircraft.

Current on any Boeing aircraft.

From anyone’s experience, are these hard requirements? Unfortunately I have neither but have an E170 time that nobody seem to look for.

Thank you

Speedbird744
1st Jun 2024, 05:48
Multiple airlines in the Middle East has either Boeing or Airbus type rating as one of the requirements in the career page. Eg. 500 hours should be on any Boeing aircraft.

Current on any Boeing aircraft.

From anyone’s experience, are these hard requirements? Unfortunately I have neither but have an E170 time that nobody seem to look for.

Thank you

Hard to come back with an answer to this without sounding like a prat, but I’m sorry to say that Boeing is Boeing and these requirements are the requirements.

Coffeofcup
1st Jun 2024, 07:03
Hard to come back with an answer to this without sounding like a prat, but I’m sorry to say that Boeing is Boeing and these requirements are the requirements.

Appreciate your reply!

Akrep
2nd Jun 2024, 04:09
Well there is FO Job Posting for Qatar Executive if you really want to come to the ME.
don't know what their policy is for international transfer though after time served.

DuneMentat
2nd Jun 2024, 08:25
But don’t forget the requirements change depending on how many pilots they need and how many CVs they have at the time. EK have hired TP pilots (with varying success) in the past when they didn’t get enough applicants with jet experience

UB6IB9
2nd Jun 2024, 11:37
Hey pal. EK just changed their requirements. On their careers site, NTR 777 doesn't require current on Boeing or Airbus. Just large turboprop (ATR, DH8 ect).

Good luck.