PDA

View Full Version : A321 hinged doors in front of serving carts?

CaptainMongo
31st May 2024, 19:54
We are taking delivery of new A321’s.

In the galley there are hinged doors in front of the serving carts. (The serving carts are standard carts in that they have doors on them) The hinged doors have to be opened before the flight attendants can access the cart. (Aesthetically it is a cleaner look but practically it is a loser.)

What is the purpose of the hinged door?

TURIN
31st May 2024, 20:53
To create a sealed environment for the chiller system?

CaptainMongo
31st May 2024, 23:08
Is there a new style chiller system on the 321’s?

Airmann
1st Jun 2024, 00:19
The A350s already have these doors. All the carts have these doors, not just the chillers. I've never seen any official documentation but I wonder if it has anything to do with safety and asthetics. Safety as a loose cart will not roll out of its stowage. And esthetically the galley looks a lot 'cleaner', especially at times when pax transit through the galley such as during boarding/deboarding, similar to kitchens with appliances behind cabinet doors.

TURIN
1st Jun 2024, 00:43
Is there a new style chiller system on the 321’s?
I don't know about new but perhaps it's just more efficient to close off the cart storage areas to keep the carts chilled. Are your new 321s operating longer sectors?

CaptainMongo
1st Jun 2024, 01:01
I don't know about new but perhaps it's just more efficient to close off the cart storage areas to keep the carts chilled. Are your new 321s operating longer sectors?

KORD-KLAS, KORD-KPHX, KORD-KFLL.

So no, not really.

i thought it may be a new cooling system.

dixi188
1st Jun 2024, 13:45
Is it a change from the big red secondary latches that keep the carts and boxes closed when not being used?