PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2023

Pages : [1] 2 3

Speed_Alive_V1
29th Jul 2023, 13:17
Now open (https://www.aerlingus.com/careers/careers-in-the-air/future-pilot-programme/)

Best of luck to all concerned, a fantastic opportunity.

antonani1
29th Jul 2023, 13:43
great opportunity from aer lingus, best of luck to anyone applying!

Learning101
30th Jul 2023, 11:26
Hi guys,
I know it might sound like a dumb question but if any of you can clear this up for me I would appreciate it.

I just saw one of the requirements was be eligible to work and live and work in EU/Ireland. As a British Passport holder do I say yes or no?

Thanks in advance

redsnail
30th Jul 2023, 12:04
Hi Learning101,

"UK nationals do not need a visa or residency permit to live, work or study in Ireland"

UK nationals in Ireland (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-ireland)

antonani1
30th Jul 2023, 14:35
Hi guys,
I know it might sound like a dumb question but if any of you can clear this up for me I would appreciate it.

I just saw one of the requirements was be eligible to work and live and work in EU/Ireland. As a British Passport holder do I say yes or no?

Thanks in advance

Ireland and the UK have a Common Travel Agreement meaning people with UK passports have free access to live/work in Ireland so you can answer yes! :)

Aeromech93
31st Jul 2023, 06:46
Hey guys,

anyone that’s been through this or have any insight:
is there a preferred age for a cadet? Being a pilot has been a dream of mine but unfortunately funds were an issue. I’m a licensed aircraft engineer and have a few years aircraft leasing experience but worry that I’m too old for the program.
secondly, placement after the 14 training, how does this work? Are you automatically based in Dublin? I’m living on the west coast so just wondering if you are assigned on circumstances (I.e married with children, single etc)

Aeromech93
31st Jul 2023, 07:33
Folks do you know what the salary is if you are accepted ?

SliabhLuachra
31st Jul 2023, 13:22
They have previously taken on very switched on individuals with little or no flying experience (of course, there are always exceptions), after a very rigorous assessment process. May the best make it through and do so on merit alone. Good luck everyone!

Speed_Alive_V1
31st Jul 2023, 13:31
There is no age limit as to do so would be ageist and against Irish legislation. There is a minimum age due to applicable licencing age with the IAA. They have certainly taken people on well in to their 30s previously, if not older.

As said elsewhere above, they have usually taken on people who have shown commitment and determination throughout their lives/careers to date. I imagine they want low risk people who are technically minded with more than a solid chance of passing the difficult course in Jerez. Flying experience is not necessary, but an interest would help etc

For salary, direct entries if I recall started on €77k, but cadets will definitely be on lower than this I would imagine. Maybe someone can clarify. Also not known what the "small allowance" while in Jerez would be.

Nino24
31st Jul 2023, 13:49
Hi guys,

just sent my CV off today, I would’ve thought thought we have a proper online status checker to see if our application has been received or not. They’ve only done online forms to fill out attaching your passport and CV. I’m guessing they’ll be choosing the best experience educational background before sending out online assessments.

Speed_Alive_V1
1st Aug 2023, 17:26
Online assessment emails are going out. 72 hours to complete

Nino24
1st Aug 2023, 17:27
Yep just got mine, going have to do it tomorrow as on night shift today! Let me know how it goes!

future_pilot_di
2nd Aug 2023, 00:49
Just sent my application in! Hoping to hear back soon!

Clearmyside
2nd Aug 2023, 08:53
I did mine, there's about 9 different tests. Pretty standard like basic maths, some fun ones like a game where you have to fly though holes without crashing and a multitasking one where you have to solve 3 different tasks every 10 secs.

Good luck everyone, hopefully this the start of more schemes to come from across the sector.

charliecharlie7
2nd Aug 2023, 15:02
Hi, has anyone completed the online assessment? Any further details shared about this would be great!

John Carry
2nd Aug 2023, 15:50
I applied but not very confident. I don't have this "Leaving certificate" nor GSCEs / A-Levels as I studied abroad. I do hold a Mechanical Engineering degree thou. Hopefully they will take into consideration...

Lauda
2nd Aug 2023, 18:38
Hey guys,
can anyone shed light on whether there is any particular application questions that might take some preparation as part of the 1st stage online application? Or is it literally just submitting your CV?
By application questions I mean: “why do you want to be a pilot for Aer Lingus” in 300 words type thing where we’ll need to prepare an answer…
Just curious as to if it literally is just submitting a CV or if there are application questions to go with it prior to the next stage of online assessments?

NovemberTango23
3rd Aug 2023, 08:08
I did mine, there's about 9 different tests. Pretty standard like basic maths, some fun ones like a game where you have to fly though holes without crashing and a multitasking one where you have to solve 3 different tasks every 10 secs.

Good luck everyone, hopefully this the start of more schemes to come from across the sector.

are we allowed to use either a draft paper or a calculator for the maths ?

Paddyt03
3rd Aug 2023, 08:41
Hey guys,
can anyone shed light on whether there is any particular application questions that might take some preparation as part of the 1st stage online application? Or is it literally just submitting your CV?
By application questions I mean: “why do you want to be a pilot for Aer Lingus” in 300 words type thing where we’ll need to prepare an answer…
Just curious as to if it literally is just submitting a CV or if there are application questions to go with it prior to the next stage of online assessments?

it’s just basically submitting CV and basic questions such as nationality and qualifications, flying experience etc.

Ixina
4th Aug 2023, 07:05
are we allowed to use either a draft paper or a calculator for the maths ?
yes, calculator is allowed

Alex.ilsley1412
4th Aug 2023, 08:30
Does anybody know how long it takes until we get the results of the online assessments ? After completing it ?

Nino24
4th Aug 2023, 09:53
I would guess after the 16th of August we’ll find out if we’ve moved onto the next stage or not, as applications closes on that date.

Straight_and_level
4th Aug 2023, 12:08
Did them this week. Probably found the verbal reasoning the most tricky due to the clock.

Some aspects were very easy due to practice.

Good luck to everyone else doing them!

charliecharlie7
4th Aug 2023, 12:43
Hi Alex, please could you share any information regarding what was included in the online assessment. Thanks

SliabhLuachra
4th Aug 2023, 15:18
It looks like no recorded video interview this time? At least the website says after online assessments, next stage is group assessment which is interesting. Based on that you'll probably need to score really really high in the aptitude tests to make it through (95th+ percentile) whereas before they let more through to the video interview and filtered out after that for group assessment.

Simpsem
4th Aug 2023, 17:28
Hi everyone,

how long after the cv part of the application did you get the email with the tests?.

Straight_and_level
4th Aug 2023, 21:29
About three days.

SliabhLuachra
4th Aug 2023, 23:50
Hi everyone,

how long after the cv part of the application did you get the email with the tests?.

I applied on Sunday and was sent the tests on Tuesday (2 days).

I wouldn't give it too much thought, they're just doing rolling assessments so that when the deadline comes around they can immediately start scheduling for the next stage.

The longer you left it from the opening date, the higher the accumulation of applications became (ie. the waiting time relative to someone who applied Saturday/Sunday is not linear). Hope this helps?

charliecharlie7
5th Aug 2023, 09:53
I applied on Sunday and was sent the tests on Tuesday (2 days).

I wouldn't give it too much thought, they're just doing rolling assessments so that when the deadline comes around they can immediately start scheduling for the next stage.

The longer you left it from the opening date, the higher the accumulation of applications became (ie. the waiting time relative to someone who applied Saturday/Sunday is not linear). Hope this helps?
Hi, what did the online assessments include? Thanks

PPRuNeUser0207
5th Aug 2023, 13:11
Hi all,

Firstly good luck to everyone. What an amazing opportunity! I haven't got around to applying yet, but will next week. I'm just wondering if the tests are the same as previous years?

Thanks & good luck!

FuturePilot_123
5th Aug 2023, 18:55
Hi all,

Firstly good luck to everyone. What an amazing opportunity! I haven't got around to applying yet, but will next week. I'm just wondering if the tests are the same as previous years?

Thanks & good luck!

They are very similar to previous years.

Great news if there’s no online interviews. I find them pointless. It’s nothing like a face to face, and it’s not the best experience watching yourself talk.

Emerald87
6th Aug 2023, 18:39
I applied, completing the form and CV on Monday via website. Since then, I have not received any link inviting me to complete the aptitude tests.

I would meet the basic requirements in terms of age, passport etc, just wondering if anyone is in the same boat?

Ixina
7th Aug 2023, 08:47
I applied, completing the form and CV on Monday via website. Since then, I have not received any link inviting me to complete the aptitude tests.

I would meet the basic requirements in terms of age, passport etc, just wondering if anyone is in the same boat?
On Monday, I also applied and received the invitation for online assessments on Tuesday.
Don't lose hope; hopefully, you'll receive yours this week.

Will66
7th Aug 2023, 13:50
Now open (https://www.aerlingus.com/careers/careers-in-the-air/future-pilot-programme/)

Best of luck to all concerned, a fantastic opportunity.
Are you one of the previously successful cadets?

Will66
7th Aug 2023, 13:51
Applied today, been getting some really good experience as a TRC Flight dispatcher at my nearest airport. I think this is what I lacked with the tui program, not enough experience to prove how dedicated I said I am to the industry. Good luck to all!

Will66
7th Aug 2023, 13:53
Does anybody know what the salary and bond is for the scheme? I can't see any mention of either on the website.
If you go to the FAQ section for the program, it outlines the bond that will be in place. As expected, if you cancel employment after training with Aer Lingus, you'd be expected to pay the full course price.

PPRuNeUser0207
7th Aug 2023, 19:18

I applied yesterday, have aviation experience and PPL. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Nino24
7th Aug 2023, 19:38
Today is bank holiday in Ireland, that’s why I reckon no one hasn’t received any updates. Hopefully this week we’ll find out!

Will66
8th Aug 2023, 13:45
Applied yesterday and got the tests through today, fingers crossed!

future_pilot_di
9th Aug 2023, 13:23
Just checked my emails aswell. got test sent through yesterday. Went to my junk mails!
Guys be sure to check your junk aswell. :)

Flyingturtle98
9th Aug 2023, 14:59
Completed the online assessments today, good luck everyone. I'd imagine we won't get word back until after the application deadline on the 16th

Speed_Alive_V1
10th Aug 2023, 11:09
The application process is open until August 18th, it would be wholly unfair to those who have sat the assessments already if the contents were shared to those still intending on applying. However some of what is included has already been mentioned in previous posts in this thread.

Remember this is a competitive recruitment.

Did anyone else sit the assessments yet? Would anyone care to share the contents?

PPRuNeUser0207
10th Aug 2023, 18:08
Just got an invite to do the assessment.

Arena_33
10th Aug 2023, 20:04
The application process is open until August 18th, it would be wholly unfair to those who have sat the assessments already if the contents were shared to those still intending on applying. However some of what is included has already been mentioned in previous posts in this thread.

Remember this is a competitive recruitment.

You can just log into the assessments as soon as you're sent them, check what tests are included, and practice those specific ones for the next couple days...

PPRuNeUser0207
10th Aug 2023, 20:20
You can just log into the assessments as soon as you're sent them, check what tests are included, and practice those specific ones for the next couple days...

Will they know you logged in, I think they will take everything into consideration.

ShrannyToon
14th Aug 2023, 11:22
Are we expecting calls soon after the deadline comes? 6 weeks until the assessment days begin as of today.

Nino24
14th Aug 2023, 12:23
Are we expecting calls soon after the deadline comes? 6 weeks until the assessment days begin as of today.

do they usually call us for the next stage? Or is usually an email sent?

SliabhLuachra
14th Aug 2023, 12:39
do they usually call us for the next stage? Or is usually an email sent?

When I got through to the next stage in 2019, they called those who were successful.

The timeline varied but was between 3-4 weeks before the assessments, so if this year is similar, end of August/beginning of September.

Since it has been so long since the last one (c.4 years), I wouldn't be surprised if it is changed this year. ie. Emailed to book your place on an online portal or something. But that might be too high tech! :p

EIDW28R
15th Aug 2023, 18:46
Just got asked to do the online assessment again after completing it at the start of August is this normal or could it be a technical glitch? Anyone else receive the same?

PPRuNeUser0207
16th Aug 2023, 09:16
Just got asked to do the online assessment again after completing it at the start of August is this normal or could it be a technical glitch? Anyone else receive the same?

Nope and haven't heard of anyone else getting asked either. Maybe get in touch with them.

EIDW28R
16th Aug 2023, 10:13
it’s just basically submitting CV and basic questions such as nationality and qualifications, flying experience etc.

is there a contact for the future pilot programme team?

PPRuNeUser0207
16th Aug 2023, 16:41
And so the real wait begins, good luck everyone!

EIDW28R
16th Aug 2023, 18:22
Nope and haven't heard of anyone else getting asked either. Maybe get in touch with them.

I called the HR company today who mange the applications not AON, they advised that I could disregard the second Assessment email as my email was recorded twice in the system somehow which resulted sun the duplication, if anyone else is in the same boat this could also be the case, but worth double checking with them.

As they were still sending out assessments today don’t think we will hear anything back until at least next week at the earliest but fingers crossed 😇

27 L
16th Aug 2023, 20:03
Has anyone else had a strange and seemingly contradictory email from Nobox outsourcing, after submission of their application?

A friend completed the web form, uploaded their CV and cover letter, shortly before the closure at 1700 this afternoon.

Shortly after they received an email from ‘work table’ stating that their application has been ‘submitted successfully’.

Then, at 1700 exactly, they received a 2nd email from ‘Worktable/Nobox outsourcing’ thanking them for applying and stating that a CV and Passport needed to be uploaded. However, clicking on the link within this second email returned the message of ‘this link is no longer accepting submissions’.

However, the CV (and cover letter) had already been submitted and the deadline - exactly as published - had been met.

Opinions,, ideas or experiences gratefully recited.

Trickennuggets
16th Aug 2023, 20:26
Has anyone else had a strange and seemingly contradictory email from Nobox outsourcing, after submission of their application?

A friend completed the web form, uploaded their CV and cover letter, shortly before the closure at 1700 this afternoon.

Shortly after they received an email from ‘work table’ stating that their application has been ‘submitted successfully’.

Then, at 1700 exactly, they received a 2nd email from ‘Worktable/Nobox outsourcing’ thanking them for applying and stating that a CV and Passport needed to be uploaded. However, clicking on the link within this second email returned the message of ‘this link is no longer accepting submissions’.

However, the CV (and cover letter) had already been submitted and the deadline - exactly as published - had been met.

I also had this email after submitting and it said the following:"To formally apply, please complete the application form through the link below and upload the following:

A clear copy of your CV (in English)
A clear copy of your valid Passport"

So I clicked the link and filled in a form involving educational and/or apprenticeship history along with uploading the above documents. The day after that I recieved a confirmation of my application.
So I would say it would be worth emailing Nobox solutions to ask if it would be possible to fill the form in anyway. I hope your friend has the best of luck

antonani1
16th Aug 2023, 22:23
ádh mór everyone!! :)

Llain
16th Aug 2023, 22:45

I also had this experience. Completed the initial application to get an email confirming it and then received a second email asking for another form to be filled. Remember thinking it might catch people last minute if close to deadline. Second email did only say 16th and not 16th at 5pm GMT so would have expected that link to stay live until tonight (for exactly this reason). A polite email explaining situation from your friend should clear things up

SliabhLuachra
17th Aug 2023, 10:49
Thoughts on when calls will start? My guess is that since assessments are taking up to 3/4 days to go out and the deadline was yesterday, we will probably see the last assessments going out early next week. Then by Friday all will have to be completed giving instant results to EI. Then the week after they start calls?

PPRuNeUser0207
17th Aug 2023, 11:27
Next week at the earliest, could easily even slip into September.

Will66
17th Aug 2023, 11:45
I wonder, in comparison to the TUI sponsored program how many applied for this one with aer lingus. A lot of my aspiring pilot friends had not even heard about the aer lingus one, so I wonder if the fact that it stated right to work in EU put some of the English off?

SliabhLuachra
17th Aug 2023, 12:00
I wonder, in comparison to the TUI sponsored program how many applied for this one with aer lingus. A lot of my aspiring pilot friends had not even heard about the aer lingus one, so I wonder if the fact that it stated right to work in EU put some of the English off?

Are people from the UK eligible? I would have thought not because they don't have the right to work in the EU now.

Will66
17th Aug 2023, 12:01
Are people from the UK eligible? I would have thought not because they don't have the right to work in the EU now.
we have right to work in Ireland though? That’s the confusing part as agreement in the Common Travel Area laws. I don’t know if this was ever clarified with aer lingus themselves, but I believe UK passport holders can work in Ireland.

SliabhLuachra
17th Aug 2023, 12:08
True, I'm just confused because it says "Eligible to live and work permanently in the EU/Ireland", that's not clear whether it's either or both. I would have presumed both. I know non-UK residents couldn't apply to TUI, for example.

PPRuNeUser0207
17th Aug 2023, 13:47
we have right to work in Ireland though? That’s the confusing part as agreement in the Common Travel Area laws. I don’t know if this was ever clarified with aer lingus themselves, but I believe UK passport holders can work in Ireland.

The advertisement states you must have the right to work in Ireland/EU. I would definitely contact Aer Lingus to double check. No point spending money and time to come over for interview if you're not eligible.

Will66
17th Aug 2023, 13:48
True, I'm just confused because it says "Eligible to live and work permanently in the EU/Ireland", that's not clear whether it's either or both. I would have presumed both. I know non-UK residents couldn't apply to TUI, for example.
I contradicted myself in my last post so I’ll post again, after some research it would seem the IRISH/EU would mean one or the other. By putting Ireland in there I think it shows that UK citizens are eligible, otherwise they probably would have just put EU. I think someone mentioned on here previous years UK citizens could apply too. But I’m not too sure

Will66
17th Aug 2023, 14:44
The advertisement states you must have the right to work in Ireland/EU. I would definitely contact Aer Lingus to double check. No point spending money and time to come over for interview if you're not eligible.
just had clarification from Aer Lingus, UK passport holders are eligible. I wonder now how many UK passport holders were put off with all the EU talk!

icedchailatte
17th Aug 2023, 14:57
Hi everyone, I was wondering did anyone use a joystick for their online assessments? As i haven’t got one and i’m wondering if this will affect anything

DizzyLizzy1712
17th Aug 2023, 15:00
Heyy guys am lizzy currently a flight attendant and only had a couple of flying lessons but am low-key petrified for this online assessment but cant wait to do it!!!

PPRuNeUser0207
17th Aug 2023, 15:27
Hi everyone, I was wondering did anyone use a joystick for their online assessments? As i haven’t got one and i’m wondering if this will affect anything
No just use a mouse :)

Sarveshmodi
17th Aug 2023, 16:15
Hey guys, I was just wondering if everyone who's applied for this program has got a link for this assessment. I submitted my application form on the 5th but haven't really heard back from them other than a mail that says"we are experiencing high volumes........" I just want to know if my application was considered or not. Are they still going to send out more assessments to other people or have I lost it this year?

DizzyLizzy1712
17th Aug 2023, 20:18
Hey guys, I was just wondering if everyone who's applied for this program has got a link for this assessment. I submitted my application form on the 5th but haven't really heard back from them other than a mail that says"we are experiencing high volumes........" I just want to know if my application was considered or not. Are they still going to send out more assessments to other people or have I lost it this year?

Have u check ur spam Mail??

Trickennuggets
17th Aug 2023, 20:26
I know that a few people's assessment invites went to their spam folder. It's definitely worth checking in there!

icedchailatte
18th Aug 2023, 00:42
How did everyone find the assessments ? and how long roughly do we have to wait 😬😬

Sarveshmodi
18th Aug 2023, 00:47
Have u check ur spam Mail??
Yes I have, been doing that everyday, there's nothing

DizzyLizzy1712
18th Aug 2023, 10:22
How did everyone find the assessments ? and how long roughly do we have to wait 😬😬

okay… I know I did very well in the numerical section but maths is kinda my forte but the verbal stuff not so much and I didn’t do too bad in some of the games. Did anyone know what level they got to in the obstacle/crash game? I don’t wanna give too much away incase there are others here who haven’t done it yet….

future_pilot_di
18th Aug 2023, 12:26
What's the consensus regarding the Class 1 medical. Has anyone already have one? Or is everyone waiting until the assessments to arrange one? Does anyone know whether they expect candidates to have one during the assessments stage?

SliabhLuachra
18th Aug 2023, 13:49
What's the consensus regarding the Class 1 medical. Has anyone already have one? Or is everyone waiting until the assessments to arrange one? Does anyone know whether they expect candidates to have one during the assessments stage?

No I wouldn't worry about it - they put you through one (as you probably know), but I don't know if it would give you that much of an edge. There have been people who have progressed through and failed the medical so it seems that they don't pay any heed to that. Disclaimer: Could be talking out of my behind!

PPRuNeUser0207
18th Aug 2023, 15:30
I wouldn't focus on the medical too much. The initial class 1 is very expensive and it takes an entire day to complete. I don't think they expect anyone to have it. The only people who may have one is those already studying for ATPLs

Knollsknows
19th Aug 2023, 13:03
Hi guys, I just got sent the assessment. Just wondering those that have completed it, was there a video interview at the end, like the last few years?.
Thanks

Wexford Flyer
19th Aug 2023, 17:10
Hi guys, just completed the assessments now and not feeling too confident. I found the wing challenge as well as the deductive reasoning test particularly difficult but who knows. Best of luck to everyone that applied :ok:

CatmanSlim
20th Aug 2023, 14:00
My deadline is Monday 3pm for the assessments... of course this was the first weekend in over a year where I had plans to have a few drinks. Ropey today and a mountain of anxiety facing these tests... Wish me luck... :bored:

Good luck to you all!

Knollsknows
20th Aug 2023, 14:04
Hi guys, just completed the assessments now and not feeling too confident. I found the wing challenge as well as the deductive reasoning test particularly difficult but who knows. Best of luck to everyone that applied :ok:
For the wing, do you think i need a mouse or can it be done on my laptop?

Wexford Flyer
20th Aug 2023, 15:48
Hi guys, I just got sent the assessment. Just wondering those that have completed it, was there a video interview at the end, like the last few years?.
Thanks
No video interview this year

Nino24
20th Aug 2023, 16:11
Really hoping we find out some news this week regarding if we’ve made it through to the next stage of the process. The two dates they assessments 25th September and 13th. Hoping they can start sending out emails or calls if we’ve been successful to the next stage.

Knollsknows
20th Aug 2023, 18:22
okay… I know I did very well in the numerical section but maths is kinda my forte but the verbal stuff not so much and I didn’t do too bad in some of the games. Did anyone know what level they got to in the obstacle/crash game? I don’t wanna give too much away incase there are others here who haven’t done it yet….
I know its hard to tell. Did you answer all of them in the numerical? If i can remember correctly i got up to 80 level in the game, what about you?

ShrannyToon
20th Aug 2023, 20:03
I do not expect anyone to hear until Monday 28th. My friend got their assignment last night, 3 days to do it means results for AL on Wednesday. I imagine they need a few days to decide then on the candidates (unless it is simply the top 325 or so aptitude test results).

Lauda
20th Aug 2023, 21:10
Completed the assessments today.
Just to confirm, did anyone receive an email to acknowledge completion of the tests? Anytime I click the assessments link it just says you’ve completed all tasks but wanted to confirm the results definitely got sent over as I was surprised to see no automatic email! Is this the same for everyone else?

Trickennuggets
20th Aug 2023, 21:13
Completed the assessments today.
Just to confirm, did anyone receive an email to acknowledge completion of the tests? Anytime I click the assessments link it just says you’ve completed all tasks but wanted to confirm the results definitely got sent over as I was surprised to see no automatic email! Is this the same for everyone else?
Yes it was. There was a screen once I'd done all of them saying they were completed, but neither me or my friend recieved any further emails. I think it seems to be what is supposed to happen (I hope)

CatmanSlim
21st Aug 2023, 10:09
Swing and a miss I reckon...

future_pilot_di
21st Aug 2023, 14:35
I answered all the math questions (hopefully correct) I managed to fly the tunnel without crashing. So nerve wrecking! Almost forgot to breathe for the tunnel!
I too answered all the maths questions. The fly tunnel thing, i crashed once or twice :'). We see how it goes anyway! ALl the best to everyone

future_pilot_di
21st Aug 2023, 14:35
No I wouldn't worry about it - they put you through one (as you probably know), but I don't know if it would give you that much of an edge. There have been people who have progressed through and failed the medical so it seems that they don't pay any heed to that. Disclaimer: Could be talking out of my behind!

Ahh okay! Thank-you.

DizzyLizzy1712
21st Aug 2023, 15:02
I know its hard to tell. Did you answer all of them in the numerical? If i can remember correctly i got up to 80 level in the game, what about you?

yes I got to level 80 too, I did answer them all in the numerical but I did super bad on the verbal supposed ppl have different strengths and weaknesses. My strength has kinda always been maths over english and literature. I’m not getting my hopes up personally I don’t think I’ve done that great in that I crashed the obstacle thing a few times and my verbal reasoning was terrible and when I say terrible I mean terrible

DizzyLizzy1712
21st Aug 2023, 15:08
I answered all the math questions (hopefully correct) I managed to fly the tunnel without crashing. So nerve wrecking! Almost forgot to breathe for the tunnel!

omg amazing!!! I defo crashed it a couple of times…. I was going too quick and got the hang of it but stumbled twice and yeah think that’s will set me back but go you for completing it without any crashes!!!!

CatmanSlim
21st Aug 2023, 16:39
I too answered all the maths questions. The fly tunnel thing, i crashed once or twice :'). We see how it goes anyway! ALl the best to everyone
I crashed about 5 times but I got up to around 100. Not too sure that's a good thing but there you go lol

PPRuNeUser0207
21st Aug 2023, 22:07
It's all down to they way they score the tests and what weight each item gets. Hopefully we've all done enought to get a shot at the assessment centre.

DizzyLizzy1712
21st Aug 2023, 23:10
I crashed about 5 times but I got up to around 100. Not too sure that's a good thing but there you go lol

least I’m not the only one lol :) we tried our best that’s all we can ask of ourselves but good luck everyone!! :)

CatmanSlim
22nd Aug 2023, 08:41
It's all down to they way they score the tests and what weight each item gets. Hopefully we've all done enought to get a shot at the assessment centre.

Yeah, I was speaking to a guy who completed the 2019 induction and is currently flying with Aer Lingus. I was asking him if I was wasting my time trying lol he just said he scored terribly in some tasks but scored quite well in the others so you are either wired like a pilot and it will work in your favour or you arent wired a particular way and there is nothing you can do about it. Worth a shot at your dream though.

DizzyLizzy1712
22nd Aug 2023, 11:56
Yeah, I was speaking to a guy who completed the 2019 induction and is currently flying with Aer Lingus. I was asking him if I was wasting my time trying lol he just said he scored terribly in some tasks but scored quite well in the others so you are either wired like a pilot and it will work in your favour or you arent wired a particular way and there is nothing you can do about it. Worth a shot at your dream though.

abit more reassuring thank you for sharing :)

Will66
22nd Aug 2023, 15:23

Great bit of encouragement thanks for sharing. I agree, they will hopefully take absolutely everything into account, including the CV, cover letter/personal statement and personal circumstances. For example I shared that I had to have two heart surgeries (one failed) in order to obtain a class 1 and shows my determination to follow the dream, and my experience in aviation dispatching aircraft at current. I hope these things would hopefully show more than just a few aptitude tests would.

I’ve also heard this years intake is encouraging more female applicants so I imagine it could be a 50:50 or 60:40 female to male split which is good to see in the industry, means us guys have to work harder to compete 😉

CatmanSlim
22nd Aug 2023, 15:44
Great bit of encouragement thanks for sharing. I agree, they will hopefully take absolutely everything into account, including the CV, cover letter/personal statement and personal circumstances. For example I shared that I had to have two heart surgeries (one failed) in order to obtain a class 1 and shows my determination to follow the dream, and my experience in aviation dispatching aircraft at current. I hope these things would hopefully show more than just a few aptitude tests would.

I’ve also heard this years intake is encouraging more female applicants so I imagine it could be a 50:50 or 60:40 female to male split which is good to see in the industry, means us guys have to work harder to compete 😉

Yeah I heard this too but I think there will be more lenience shown towards more female applicants. Hypothetically, if only 5 female applicants applied but their aptitude tests were appalling then I doubt they would still get through to the assessments and then ultimately, the course itself. This is a slightly extreme example but hopefully the other non-female cadets wouldnt consider the successful female applicants as being "gifted" the opportunity due to their gender. They will have had to have completed the tests and scored high enough to be accepted in the first place. Let's not forget that :)

Sorry to hear about your troubles! Hopefully, you are on the mend properly now! (as evidenced by your class 1).

Even after my friends words of reassurance, I would be very, very surprised if my results were in the top x percentile to warrant an invite for assessment. During the multitask exercise, I mis-clicked more often than I thought. Whizzing the mouse over to "no duplicate" but clicking too soon and catching the very edge of the "duplicate" box... I'm a wreck waiting on feedback.

DizzyLizzy1712
22nd Aug 2023, 15:54

incredible story will, very touching to hear should be very proud of how far you have came!!! I am glad tho more females are being accepted into the industry I remember when I was younger never feeling good enough cause I was a girl sounds stupid but that was the reality, it’s refreshing knowing more and more girls are wanting to become pilots and live their dreams!!

LaurenC
22nd Aug 2023, 17:46
Has anyone heard anything after the assessment yet? Good luck to everyone!!

L7869214
23rd Aug 2023, 05:24

Pretty sure I just attached a CV and passport picture, didnt see no mention of a cover letter/personal statement. Was this the case for everyone else or not?

lukey3105
23rd Aug 2023, 07:26
Has anyone heard anything after the assessment yet? Good luck to everyone!!

no not yet me personally

katie320
23rd Aug 2023, 07:45
What can we expect from the assessment centre if we are lucky enough to receive an invite?

Stefluc
23rd Aug 2023, 09:50
When do you think we’ll get a response on how we went?

swannley
23rd Aug 2023, 09:55
What can we expect from the assessment centre if we are lucky enough to receive an invite?
I haven't heard anything yet, although I'm jumping at my phone every time an email pings through! :)

Will66
23rd Aug 2023, 10:02
incredible story will, very touching to hear should be very proud of how far you have came!!! I am glad tho more females are being accepted into the industry I remember when I was younger never feeling good enough cause I was a girl sounds stupid but that was the reality, it’s refreshing knowing more and more girls are wanting to become pilots and live their dreams!!
Thanks for that! Absolutely! It’s a great thing to see; working in dispatch and having to liaise with the flight deck, I haven’t had a single female pilot that has snapped at me, been angry or annoyed with say late paperwork or operational issues within the airport, they’re always reassuring and letting me know I’m doing a good job, the males on the other hand, I can’t say the same.

I can’t really say why that is, maybe it’s the caring instinct, but I’ve never understood why women would be assumed to be bad pilots, I guess it comes with the stereotypical “women drivers”. Glad attitudes are changing though! And good luck to you

Will66
23rd Aug 2023, 10:05
Pretty sure I just attached a CV and passport picture, didnt see no mention of a cover letter/personal statement. Was this the case for everyone else or not?
on the initial application stage there was a large blank space that said “Cover Letter” I used this to explain personal circumstances and bring a bit more personality to my application. Whether they read it or not I don’t know. But it definitely was an option on there it said (optional) next to it.

i like writing cover letters on applications so the person reading my application has a bit more context to put with my CV

CatmanSlim
23rd Aug 2023, 11:56
on the initial application stage there was a large blank space that said “Cover Letter” I used this to explain personal circumstances and bring a bit more personality to my application. Whether they read it or not I don’t know. But it definitely was an option on there it said (optional) next to it.

i like writing cover letters on applications so the person reading my application has a bit more context to put with my CV

I too, included a cover letter. I wholly understand that some people's CVs would pop from first glance but mine isn't great. Just drole financial services work. I used the cover letter to state the absolute awe I felt when I learnt about the FPP. I think it was enough to get me the assessments sent across but I don't think it's anywhere near enough to forgive assessment performance lol you never know.

Monitoring this thread to see if anyone has heard back from the assessments yet... I have ran out of nails to bite... the neighbour's dog looks like he could use a paw-dicure.... I'll let myself out.

SP747
23rd Aug 2023, 15:24
Hi DizzyLIzzy1712,

If it makes you comfortable, I crashed almost a million times. I was unlucky to have a massive lag with my mouse. I am very annoyed. I hope they are looking at other scores too!

FuturePilot_123
23rd Aug 2023, 15:47

Yes, this was the case for me too. I usually attach a cover letter but when I submitted the application there was only a requirement to add your Passport document and CV.

Will66
24th Aug 2023, 06:26
Hi everyone, I had a call from Aer Lingus earlier I think. I was out at the time but it was from an Irish dial code. I was in the toilet at the time and the voicemail was a bit garbled but they were saying something about going to Spain. Will see if they call back
can’t tell if this is a joke or not 🤣

PPRuNeUser0207
24th Aug 2023, 07:27

Sounds like one 😂

qncho93
24th Aug 2023, 07:49
Sounds like one 😂

Definitely. I doubt they’ve been through all assessments yet

Nino24
24th Aug 2023, 08:32
Hopefully today or tomorrow we find out if we’ve been successful to the assessment centre

future_pilot_di
24th Aug 2023, 08:46
Hi everyone, I had a call from Aer Lingus earlier I think. I was out at the time but it was from an Irish dial code. I was in the toilet at the time and the voicemail was a bit garbled but they were saying something about going to Spain. Will see if they call back

So which one was it? Either you were out or in the toilet at the time? :ugh:

Id say its a joke lol

DizzyLizzy1712
24th Aug 2023, 09:10

Omg no way you’ve already got a place at training you’ve already passed the assessment day without even attending!!! Tell us ur secret loool
defo gotta be a joke!! :)
I’ve heard nothing as of yet everyone!!

PPRuNeUser0207
24th Aug 2023, 09:56
It's going to get worse, wait until the calls start going out and some of us are still waiting 🤣 my nerves!

Nate2709
24th Aug 2023, 09:58
Good luck to everyone 😊

DizzyLizzy1712
24th Aug 2023, 10:43
It's going to get worse, wait until the calls start going out and some of us are still waiting 🤣 my nerves!

wait so for the assessment day if ur successful to get to that stage you will receive a phone call? I thought u only got a phone call when u had passed the assessment day?

Will66
25th Aug 2023, 08:30
abit more reassuring thank you for sharing :)
Hi lizzy, tried to respond to your DM, but apparently you have no space left in your inbox so I can’t reply! Delete some messages and I’ll be able to reply :)

CatmanSlim
25th Aug 2023, 08:41
I have a feeling Microsoft are going to reach out to me and ask me if I am OK... I can't concentrate on work... My stomach is in pieces... Fml.

I understand thousands have applied, maybe 10's of thousands. If I I'm in the top percentile to be invited to assessment I will be pleasantly surprised. Still, I just need to know lol

Alexander Ilsley
25th Aug 2023, 10:35
hi all, has anyone got a call yet ? will we also have feedback on wether we are unsuccessful too ?

CatmanSlim
25th Aug 2023, 11:07
wait so for the assessment day if ur successful to get to that stage you will receive a phone call? I thought u only got a phone call when u had passed the assessment day?

I thought it would have been an email? I think the telephone call is to confirm your position on the program following successful interview? Have to wait and see. Absolutely head wrecking stuff

swannley
25th Aug 2023, 11:14
hi all, has anyone got a call yet ? will we also have feedback on wether we are unsuccessful too ?
Cant speak for anyone else of course but I've heard nothing. At this stage of the process I'd imagine it's still quite a lot of people so I would have assumed it will be an email rather than a call but who knows really (HOPEFULLY with a link to book the assessment day 😊)? I'd also assume there'll be little in the way of feedback except perhaps your scores or something as they'll be dealing with stacks of applicants and I wouldn't think there would be time for decent feedback unfortunately. There might be more if you were successful here but unsuccessful later after interview.
​​​

Nino24
25th Aug 2023, 13:00

no nothing yet, I’m hopping we find out today! As the first assessment is on the 25th September. Hoping they can at least give us a months notice!

GTTDI GOD
25th Aug 2023, 14:29
no nothing yet, I’m hopping we find out today! As the first assessment is on the 25th September. Hoping they can at least give us a months notice!

Calls won’t be out this soon, from experience from previous drives it’ll be another 2 weeks. They have a lot of calls to get through, so when the first person gets called the assessments might likely be under way before the last person is called. Therefore it’ll be most likely after the assessments before the rejection emails come out.

Nino24
25th Aug 2023, 15:03
Calls won’t be out this soon, from experience from previous drives it’ll be another 2 weeks. They have a lot of calls to get through, so when the first person gets called the assessments might likely be under way before the last person is called. Therefore it’ll be most likely after the assessments before the rejection emails come out. This is true, I’m sure they should understand some people may need to give minimum a months notice to book time off. Oh well let’s see maybe assessment dates might have changed last minute!

charliecharlie7
25th Aug 2023, 15:56
When are the assessment dates?

PPRuNeUser0207
25th Aug 2023, 15:57
Don't be surprised to get 1-2 weeks notice.

PPRuNeUser0207
25th Aug 2023, 17:12
When are the assessment dates?

25th of September until 13th of October

Nino24
25th Aug 2023, 17:13
25th of September until 13th of October

sorry I thought it was only the 25th sept and 13th October

GTTDI GOD
25th Aug 2023, 17:18
sorry I thought it was only the 25th sept and 13th October

No, they’ll have groups of about 20 each day.

PPRuNeUser0207
25th Aug 2023, 19:07
Potentially 360 invited to the assessment centre. With 18 spots available it's all to play for guys and girls.

ShrannyToon
25th Aug 2023, 22:22
Potentially 360 invited to the assessment centre. With 18 spots available it's all to play for guys and girls.

To be invited*, I guess :ok: Just so that people don't start to panic. As I said previously, I don't think calls will start until early next week.

CatmanSlim
26th Aug 2023, 00:17
To be invited*, I guess :ok: Just so that people don't start to panic. As I said previously, I don't think calls will start until early next week.

I'm a bloody mess waiting on this coming back.

ShankerPlanker
26th Aug 2023, 01:44
Did anyone feel they did well in the Verbal Reasoning? Think everything else went ok.

DizzyLizzy1712
26th Aug 2023, 13:25
My biggest concern in I’m a Flight Attendant currently and if they are calling people if they are successful for interviews which I’m Ngl I’m surprised about normally u just get an email for the assessment day and then a call if u have the job/place etc. my concern is say if I was ever in a million light years ever at assessment stage if I was in another country lol or on the plane when they call :‘(

Coco243
26th Aug 2023, 17:51
Did anyone feel they did well in the Verbal Reasoning? Think everything else went ok.

I think the verbal reasoning test was alright, even though I’m not even a native speaker, but we’ll see

qncho93
27th Aug 2023, 08:59

Nope.. overall I feel confident about the rest of the tests but the verbal reasoning caught me off guard. I’ve got to Q 22 and I’m not very sure about my answers

qncho93
27th Aug 2023, 09:01
My biggest concern in I’m a Flight Attendant currently and if they are calling people if they are successful for interviews which I’m Ngl I’m surprised about normally u just get an email for the assessment day and then a call if u have the job/place etc. my concern is say if I was ever in a million light years ever at assessment stage if I was in another country lol or on the plane when they call :‘(

I believe they’ll send an email as well as leave you a voicemail with a contact number to call back.

shamrocky
27th Aug 2023, 12:58
Spoke to the boss today.
Largest ever application rate. 18 spots.
600 invited to interviews etc.
Calls go out for interviews in 2-3 weeks time.
Course in Jan and Feb.
Good luck.

Nino24
27th Aug 2023, 14:38
Spoke to the boss today.
Course in Jan and Feb.
Good luck. how do you know the boss mate? You work for aer lingus

ShankerPlanker
28th Aug 2023, 09:15
Nope.. overall I feel confident about the rest of the tests but the verbal reasoning caught me off guard. I’ve got to Q 22 and I’m not very sure about my answers

Can't even remember how many questions there was.

easyjp
28th Aug 2023, 15:51
600 already invited and no one is on this forum??

fly744
28th Aug 2023, 16:10
Spoke to the boss today.
Course in Jan and Feb.
Good luck.

Will the two courses be of 9 cadets each?
and will AL email or call those lucky ones to attend the interviews in Dublin?
Thanks Shamrocky for the updates !!!

ShankerPlanker
28th Aug 2023, 21:26
600 already invited and no one is on this forum??
Don't think that's what they meant.

shamrocky
28th Aug 2023, 22:14
No one has been called yet for interviews etc. Those calls start in 2/3 weeks.
We do MPL so course will be even. 10 + 8 or 3 x 6 etc

SliabhLuachra
29th Aug 2023, 10:59
Going to be very tough to get annual leave that close to the assessments if calls don't go out for 2/3 more weeks. That brings us up to 11th-18th September. Really hoping calls go out sooner than that.

Nino24
29th Aug 2023, 11:01
Going to be very tough to get annual leave that close to the assessments if calls don't go out for 2/3 more weeks. That brings us up to 11th-18th September. Really hoping calls go out sooner than that.

Spot on! I really do hope it’s sent out by end of this week or end of next week!

swannley
29th Aug 2023, 11:51
I was just thinking that myself, especially in the application it said that they wouldn't be able to postpone assessments (or something like that) it might mean a few very worthy people couldn't attend.

Regardless I'm still checking my emails constantly!

Habu_71
29th Aug 2023, 13:56

Hopefully someone here will post indicating if they received one. Not sure if rejection emails will be sent out so left biting our nails.

easyjp
30th Aug 2023, 14:30
Hi future pilots, has anyone got any idea about ''verifiable references'' on how it should be? Will it be a letter type or do we just give the contact details of someone to get in touch?

PPRuNeUser0207
30th Aug 2023, 21:41
Hi future pilots, has anyone got any idea about ''verifiable references'' on how it should be? Will it be a letter type or do we just give the contact details of someone to get in touch?

The two verifiable references are probably required for the Airport Identification Card (AIC), the security pass at Dublin Airport. You would need to hold the AIC to be based in Dublin. I wouldn't worry about it at this stage, it's only for when you start working. The references could be your current and past employer or even school teacher.

All quiet on the western front. Doesn't seem like the calls have started yet.

shamrocky
31st Aug 2023, 05:59
First round of screening done and regrets go out today/tomorrow.
No interview invites til late next week as further screening over week.
it's going to take two weeks to invite 600 i'd say.
Good luck....it's worth it

Nino24
31st Aug 2023, 06:00

how do you know this?

shamrocky
31st Aug 2023, 06:06
Work for EI

easyjp
31st Aug 2023, 08:02

Thank you very much for sharing this

DizzyLizzy1712
31st Aug 2023, 09:41

i pure had dreams last night that I didn’t get it so I’m lookin out for the emails to say am rejected now

swannley
31st Aug 2023, 11:13
Thank you for sharing this info! Of course now I'm mildly terrified about hearing in the next day or two! :p

SliabhLuachra
31st Aug 2023, 11:18
Very surprised at the 600 number, that means 40 people per day at the assessment centres? Which is a huge jump from the previous times when it was c.25

Alexander Ilsley
31st Aug 2023, 11:39
hello. so we get rejection emails either today and tomorrow ? 31/1st ?

EIDW28R
31st Aug 2023, 12:32
Just got my no email there, best of luck to everyone left 😇

CatmanSlim
31st Aug 2023, 12:33
Got my email... Didn't get through.

Biggles04
31st Aug 2023, 12:33
Rejection emails now being sent out, just received mine

DizzyLizzy1712
31st Aug 2023, 12:36
I didn’t get through i guess my dreams last night obvs were right lol I wish everyone the best of best luck with everything :)))

Nino24
31st Aug 2023, 12:37
I didn’t get through i guess my dreams last night obvs were right lol I wish everyone the best of best luck with everything :)))

did you get a email?

DizzyLizzy1712
31st Aug 2023, 12:39
did you get a email?

yes I did x

Nino24
31st Aug 2023, 12:40
yes I did x

im sorry to hear that, just keep trying there’s new cadet scheme coming out soon! Wish you all the best

DizzyLizzy1712
31st Aug 2023, 12:41
im sorry to hear that, just keep trying there’s new cadet scheme coming out soon! Wish you all the best

thank you so much I appreciate that, I’ll just keep trying :) wish u the best of luck

CatmanSlim
31st Aug 2023, 12:46
yes I did x
I think me and you were bottom of the barrel Lizzy... I got my email stating I was unsuccessful also. Sorry

DizzyLizzy1712
31st Aug 2023, 12:51
I think me and you were bottom of the barrel Lizzy... I got my email stating I was unsuccessful also. Sorry

aww no am sorry :( if it’s any reassurance none of my friends who applied didn’t get it either..

BOR95
31st Aug 2023, 12:53
Did you get an email ? Don't worry there will be more prgrammes in the future with other airlines too and there is always the modular route. Dont loss the faith :)

Straight_and_level
31st Aug 2023, 13:01
Also got the rejection email this morning. Good luck to those getting to the next stage!

Jdogg
31st Aug 2023, 13:07

ahh I don’t think it means that!! Probably just that you guys completed the tests early on!! Keep trying

CatmanSlim
31st Aug 2023, 13:28
aww no am sorry :( if it’s any reassurance none of my friends who applied didn’t get it either..
Yeah I'm sorry too! It isn't nice but there will be more opportunities. Was this your first time applying?

DizzyLizzy1712
31st Aug 2023, 13:38
Yeah I'm sorry too! It isn't nice but there will be more opportunities. Was this your first time applying?

yes it was I don’t have any experience only a few flying lessons I’m a young carer so my finances aren’t enough for a PPL etc. but it’s been a dream of mines since I was very young and I hope one day it can become a reality for myself and many many others :) just honoured to have gotten this far and appreciate the experience of applying etc :)))

qncho93
31st Aug 2023, 13:46
I’m very sorry to hear that. Did your email come from AirLingus or the HR company?

Trickennuggets
31st Aug 2023, 13:53
yes I did x
I love how enthusiastic you are about it Lizzie. You'll get up the pointy end I have no doubt. This sort of thing can be a lottery too mate, keep practicing and I'm sure you'll get there

CatmanSlim
31st Aug 2023, 13:54
yes it was I don’t have any experience only a few flying lessons I’m a young carer so my finances aren’t enough for a PPL etc. but it’s been a dream of mines since I was very young and I hope one day it can become a reality for myself and many many others :) just honoured to have gotten this far and appreciate the experience of applying etc :)))
This was my first time also. I'm 34 so pushing it a bit with regards to age but I had never heard of these Future Pilot Programs until I met my wife's colleague's husband lol he completed the course in the 2019 intake and my mind was blown when he was telling me about it. Really wish I had caught wind of it earlier but hey ho. Anyways, I was chatting to this guy who is currently a pilot with Aer Lingus and he told me not to worry and that "nobody gets through it on their first go". I'm sure there would be a rare exception but I understand Aer Lingus are fond of those who are returning applicants. It shows determination, would be my guess. Keep at it!

Sman56
31st Aug 2023, 13:54
Im very sorry to hear that, I'm sure you will definitely get there in the end!

peter.a.96
31st Aug 2023, 14:18

Thanks for this, really helpful to know. So sorry to hear of some of the rejections received today, seems to be super super competitive this year. As yet I've not had an email, so keeping everything crossed.

shamrocky - any idea what proportion were rejected today / how many might be rejected next week? Just curious what they have whittled it down to by now...

Thanks and best of luck to all

future_pilot_di
31st Aug 2023, 14:25
Emails have started going out. Just received my rejection email. :( :(

All the best to those that get through though :)

DizzyLizzy1712
31st Aug 2023, 14:27

So sorry to hear Di x we will get there I know it!!

peter.a.96

Did you receive any feedback at all?

DizzyLizzy1712
I love how enthusiastic you are about it Lizzie. You'll get up the pointy end I have no doubt. This sort of thing can be a lottery too mate, keep practicing and I'm sure you'll get there

thanks so much for the support I actually really appreciate it it’s so refreshing <3

Will66
No email for me yet, good luck to everyone !

CatmanSlim
31st Aug 2023, 14:28
No email for me yet, good luck to everyone !
Fingers crossed they are saving the successful emails to be sent out later! Good luck, Will!

swannley
31st Aug 2023, 15:07
Still nothing here either, trying (with limited success) not to get my hopes up.

Really sorry to hear about everyone else though, it's a huge dream for so many people and you can easily have a bad test or just get tripped up by a silly question but would be great at the job!
​​

Knollsknows
31st Aug 2023, 15:19
Just got a rejection email. Think that's it for me guys. This was my 3rd time applying, I had passed this stage the last time but I guess not this year.
Some of us just have to try other avenues.:(

I wish the very best of lucky to you all :ok:. I sincerely wish there were more places available, so a lot more of you guys could achieve your dreams.

future_pilot_di
31st Aug 2023, 15:24
Did you receive any feedback at all?
Hi,

Nope no feed back at all. They said are not able to provide individual feed back, because of high amount of applications.

DizzyLizzy1712
31st Aug 2023, 15:29
Just got a rejection email. Think that's it for me guys. This was my 3rd time applying, I had passed this stage the last time but I guess not this year.
Some of us just have to try other avenues.:(

I wish the very best of lucky to you all :ok:. I sincerely wish there were more places available, so a lot more of you guys could achieve your dreams.

that’s not true this was made for you, I got rejected 5 times before I got the job as a flight attendant. Keep trying don’t give up I know right now you won’t feel hope but I promise you I’ve been there and I’m still there right now. You’ve just got to keep pushing and pushing and I promise you’ll get there :)

Will66
31st Aug 2023, 16:06
I would have to agree at this stage no news is good news. I’d imagine what they’re doing is today screening aptitude, separating lower scoring candidates and higher scoring candidates, when I applied for flight schools in the past this has been the case, first layer of screening was the aptitude tests, as expected, pilots don’t need to have Einstein’s brain, but need a hell of a lot of aptitude. Phase 2 screening would probably be based on the personality, CV, experience etc, which will be tomorrow or later in the week.

fingers crossed for all of us still waiting for an email, and for those who have received don’t be disheartened; plenty more opportunities coming up.. BA for example!

icedchailatte
31st Aug 2023, 18:07
I’ve been rejected too, does anyone have any resources they can recommend so that i can become better at the aptitude tests? As I would love to get at least through to the assessment centre stage next time.

Will66
31st Aug 2023, 18:13
I’ve been rejected too, does anyone have any resources they can recommend so that i can become better at the aptitude tests? As I would love to get at least through to the assessment centre stage next time.
decent website to practice:
https:/www.latestpilotjobs.com/webgame/free/id/41

also if you search up Aon Tests practice they have some questions and answers for their specific tests such as the numerical and verbal reasoning. YouTube is great also, if you YouTube AON aptitude tests, people to through them and explain, for me this is the best resource.
For instance: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RWD8GDEk3Lk&si=x3pl59V1pZD0Jwvx

DizzyLizzy1712
31st Aug 2023, 18:15

i second this^^ great shout I defo need to practice!! It’s like some Mensa IQ or UCAT 😂

Jdogg
31st Aug 2023, 19:36
I wonder have rejections gone out by date applied, anyone here apply late in the process get a rejection?

ShankerPlanker
31st Aug 2023, 22:34
Is the general consensus that if you didn't get an email today that you're through to the assessment stage?

ToshuaStetford
1st Sep 2023, 00:35
I'd recommend pilotassessments.com

Ouchen
1st Sep 2023, 01:25
I wonder have rejections gone out by date applied, anyone here apply late in the process get a rejection?
I was wondering the same, is someone can let us know please

Will66
1st Sep 2023, 05:55
I was wondering the same, is someone can let us know please
I applied 7th of August and have not yet received a rejection. If any one wants to share their date of application and application status please do!

im guessing today the remainder of rejections will go out. Good luck again to all of us who are waiting.

Ouchen
1st Sep 2023, 05:59
I personally applied on the 7th and completed the assessment on the 9th and didn’t receive any response yet

Nino24
1st Sep 2023, 06:13
I applied on the 31st July, and was sent the online assessment on the 2nd of August.

Will66
1st Sep 2023, 06:14
I applied on the 31st July, and was sent the online assessment on the 2nd of August.
are you waiting for an update on your application or have you been rejected? :)

Nino24
1st Sep 2023, 06:16
are you waiting for an update on your application or have you been rejected? :)

I’m still waiting for an update

3seatmaniac
1st Sep 2023, 07:04
Is the general consensus that if you didn't get an email today that you're through to the assessment stage?

More rejections will be sent today and then a second sift will take place next week that will lead to further rejections being sent out. This is just from what others have said in previous messages, I have no direct knowledge myself!

Planner01
1st Sep 2023, 09:04
Hi everyone,

Made an account so I could add some advise. I used to work in recruitment for an airline years ago and we ran cadet schemes. I've since moved onto other roles in aviation but can weigh in here on what the process was like with us. I'll start buy saying you should assume you are unsuccessful until you have an offer in hand, medical and background checks completed!

We averaged around 8000 applications and we could not review every single one. There was some automatic sorting based on how well you did in the online assessments but the majority did well enough to be considered for the assessment day. We had to go from that 8000 to 300 for the assessment days and we simply had to cut that number down by selecting candidates at random for assessment and CV review by someone from the team. This obviously means that while you may have done well with the assessments and have a good CV, it really did come down to luck. In some cases we had a target number of candidates to review by hand but due to how long it takes we rarely met the target.
Even at the assessment days we only had 10-20 spaces to fill so many capable candidates on those days were unsuccessful.
Flying experience and a class 1 medical did both work as a benefit on your CV but are not make or break. We did have some candidates who were offered a place but could not get a class 1 medical.

So please do not get your hopes up or be too disheartened. If it was anything like our process, rejection emails went out over a week due to the volume. For your own sake assume (due to the odds) you won't get a place, even if you get to the assessment day and do not let it dishearten you. It's highly likely a rejection is not personal but simple automated because there are so many applicants.
I did read here someone concerned about age. We offered places to candidates from 18 up to late 40s. Mandatory retirement for Pilots is at 65 which was the only limiting factor. For direct entry CPLs we were hiring people into their 50s.

There were cases when we eventually hired Pilots as direct entry modular CPLs who had previously been unsuccessful at the cadet application process!
Take this as you have entered the lottery and hope to win but please do not torture yourself refreshing emails etc

*my experiences may not reflect that of processes at other airlines

DeltaEchoCharlie
1st Sep 2023, 09:19
I'd recommend pilotassessments.com

seconded

LaurenC
1st Sep 2023, 10:03
Hi Lizzy,

I am also a flight attendant so don’t give up!! British Airways is opening applications for their pilot scheme at the end of September I believe (I am with them at the moment) if that’s something you would be interested in! x

Knollsknows
1st Sep 2023, 10:10
that’s not true this was made for you, I got rejected 5 times before I got the job as a flight attendant. Keep trying don’t give up I know right now you won’t feel hope but I promise you I’ve been there and I’m still there right now. You’ve just got to keep pushing and pushing and I promise you’ll get there :)

That's such a sweet comment, Lizzy. Thank you so much.
Hopefully they'll run it again next year and with that attitude you'll definitely go far, wishing you the best of luck with it.

CatmanSlim
1st Sep 2023, 10:14
I applied around the 14th August, finished my assessments with like 2 minutes to spare of the 72 hours deadline and I received my rejection email lol

AmyLuGliderPilot
1st Sep 2023, 10:21
This was my first time also. I'm 34 so pushing it a bit with regards to age but I had never heard of these Future Pilot Programs until I met my wife's colleague's husband lol he completed the course in the 2019 intake and my mind was blown when he was telling me about it. Really wish I had caught wind of it earlier but hey ho. Anyways, I was chatting to this guy who is currently a pilot with Aer Lingus and he told me not to worry and that "nobody gets through it on their first go". I'm sure there would be a rare exception but I understand Aer Lingus are fond of those who are returning applicants. It shows determination, would be my guess. Keep at it!

Hey!
I was hoping they appreciate repeat applicants.. but doesn't seem that way for me :(
Applied back in 2019 and got through to video interview, but no further.
This time.. not even through to assessments, despite having more flying experience 🤷🏼‍♀️
assuming it's because I'm now 36 😢

peter.a.96
1st Sep 2023, 11:21
My stats - applied 03/08, completed tests 08/08. Yet to hear back either way

ToshuaStetford
1st Sep 2023, 11:31
I applied 7th of August and have not yet received a rejection. If any one wants to share their date of application and application status please do!

im guessing today the remainder of rejections will go out. Good luck again to all of us who are waiting.
I applied 30th July, then completed the assessments 2nd August. Haven't heard anything yet.

FiiS
1st Sep 2023, 11:33
Long time lurker, haven't posted in a while. Did OK on the TUI scheme so hopeful that this is an upwards trend!!

As regards Aer, still waiting:

Applied 31st July, received test invitations 1st Aug, sat tests 4th Aug.

I don't remember much about the tests - I sat similar for LEAP+FI and didn't get anywhere, I wonder if this suite is what Jerez like to use? Most frustrating one was the "nav" test with instruments - after the example questions, I didn't understand how the results were reached! Everything else seemed reasonably fine. Shall find out soon enough ... good luck all, remember there is Speedbird and TUI coming up, and who knows what else :)

Cheriew
1st Sep 2023, 11:41
Hey guys, I sent my application on 7th August and completed assessments on the 17th.
I didn’t receive any rejection so far, but neither did I when I applied back in 2019 (I was working for them at the time).

Let’s wait and see, best of luck to everyone 🙂

swannley
1st Sep 2023, 11:44
Long time lurker, haven't posted in a while. Did OK on the TUI scheme so hopeful that this is an upwards trend!!

I don't remember much about the tests - I sat similar for LEAP+FI and didn't get anywhere, I wonder if this suite is what Jerez like to use? Most frustrating one was the "nav" test with instruments - after the example questions, I didn't understand how the results were reached! Everything else seemed reasonably fine. Shall find out soon enough ... good luck all, remember there is Speedbird and TUI coming up, and who knows what else :)
I was exactly the same with the nav test - I did the example question like 3 times and I still wasn't certain how they got to the answer. I did what I thought they were asking and I reckon I did reasonably well or ENTIRELY wrong! The sudoku-style puzzle I found fairly tricky too given the very short time limits.

FiiS
1st Sep 2023, 11:47
I was exactly the same with the nav test - I did the example question like 3 times and I still wasn't certain how they got to the answer. I did what I thought they were asking and I reckon I did reasonably well or ENTIRELY wrong! The sudoku-style puzzle I found fairly tricky too given the very short time limits.

Yes - on that puzzle, at the harder levels I went with my gut and hoped for the best - hard to balance speed over correctness - whether it would be better to slow right down and be accurate, or speedy but make some errors!

swannley
1st Sep 2023, 11:50
Yes - on that puzzle, at the harder levels I went with my gut and hoped for the best - hard to balance speed over correctness - whether it would be better to slow right down and be accurate, or speedy but make some errors!
Totally agree, I did the same with one of the larger grids. It would have been great to know how correct/incorrect guesses were weighted to maximise your score but we will probably never get this. It's hard to even judge - would an airline prefer a slower correct answer or the wrong one but moving onto the next thing. I'd guess the correct one but who knows!

Arena_33
1st Sep 2023, 11:56

Jerez use the Cut-e suite of tests too. Did them last year for the FTE Jerez Scholarship and were more or less the same as these ones

Nino24
1st Sep 2023, 12:25
Has anyone today received any rejection email from EI??

Jdogg
1st Sep 2023, 12:31
Has anyone today received any rejection email from EI??

nope! Was just going to ask! Could be in for a nervy weekend!

Nino24
1st Sep 2023, 12:32
nope! Was just going to ask! Could be in for a nervy weekend!

around yesterday this time the emails were going out, maybe they might send some more later!

the people who’s been successful I don’t think we’ll hear till next week.

really hoping today we get some good news!

swannley
1st Sep 2023, 12:39
around yesterday this time the emails were going out, maybe they might send some more later!

the people who’s been successful I don’t think we’ll hear till next week.

really hoping today we get some good news!
No nothing here, nervous as anything every time my phone lights up!

Wexford Flyer
1st Sep 2023, 13:50
Still waiting to hear too, wouldn’t think emails are sent over the weekend but could be wrong

Nino24
1st Sep 2023, 15:07
Guessing Aer Lingus won’t message us today! Probably don’t want to ruin the unsuccessful applicants weekend from a nice point of view. 😂

Jdogg
1st Sep 2023, 15:13
Guessing Aer Lingus won’t message us today! Probably don’t want to ruin the unsuccessful applicants weekend from a nice point of view. 😂

I don’t know which would be worse.. rejection last thing on a Friday or first thing Monday 😂

shamrocky
2nd Sep 2023, 06:58
Made a call.
All first round regret emails are sent.
nothing further until late next week at the earliest. Invitations to assessments start then too but will take 10 days to make all those calls. They seem thrilled with the standard of entrants.

Nino24
2nd Sep 2023, 06:59
Made a call.
nothing further until late next week at the earliest. Invitations to assessments start then too but will take 10 days to make all those calls. They seem thrilled with the standard of entrants.

how many round of regrets you reckon is going out 😂😂😂

are they looking for people with aviation experience?

DizzyLizzy1712
2nd Sep 2023, 08:27
how many round of regrets you reckon is going out 😂😂😂

are they looking for people with aviation experience?

just out of curiosity has anyone else noticed some cadets that are accepted have ATPLs etc

Nino24
2nd Sep 2023, 08:29
just out of curiosity has anyone else noticed some cadets that are accepted have ATPLs etc

really, I thought anyone with any ATPL modules not allowed to apply

Jdogg
2nd Sep 2023, 08:33
you can’t apply with ATPL’s done, only as far as PPL done!
I have heard of cases of some people having some ATPL’s done, but don’t think they will be taking anyone with all ATPL’s completed

Will66
2nd Sep 2023, 08:34
Quite the opposite, two people I know personally have PPLs and were rejected, a lady over on the Facebook group has deferred ATPLs and was also rejected.

It seems Aer Lingus is really looking for diversity and interesting backgrounds over hours flown. Which is great, in my opinion, these schemes should be aimed at extremely talented individuals that aspire to be pilots but are hindered by the financial barriers of learning to fly. If you’re already in flight school or at your ATPLS/Have licenses, I wouldn’t think aer Lingus would favour these in anyway. Just my two cents.

DizzyLizzy1712
2nd Sep 2023, 08:46
Quite the opposite, two people I know personally have PPLs and were rejected, a lady over on the Facebook group has deferred ATPLs and was also rejected.

It seems Aer Lingus is really looking for diversity and interesting backgrounds over hours flown. Which is great, in my opinion, these schemes should be aimed at extremely talented individuals that aspire to be pilots but are hindered by the financial barriers of learning to fly. If you’re already in flight school or at your ATPLS/Have licenses, I wouldn’t think aer Lingus would favour these in anyway. Just my two cents.

i have noticed some people who have studied ATPLs get other cadet programmes which am a little surprised about because surely they will have to restart all over again? I know a girl who does have an ATPL but is on a cadet programme and yeah it doesnt make sense to me but the cadet programme obvs didn’t I mind

Nino24
2nd Sep 2023, 08:47
i have noticed some people who have studied ATPLs get other cadet programmes which am a little surprised about because surely they will have to restart all over again? I know a girl who does have an ATPL but is on a cadet programme and yeah it doesnt make sense to me but the cadet programme obvs didn’t I mind

guessing she would have to redo all the ATPL modules?

DizzyLizzy1712
2nd Sep 2023, 08:49
guessing she would have to redo all the ATPL modules?

Yeah she did so dunno why she applied cause all her previous hard work didn’t count :(

Will66
2nd Sep 2023, 08:49

It is really confusing when there is so much talent being held back by the financial barriers of aviation. It would seem obvious to me that the whole point of these funded schemes is to allow those low income individuals to get into this world, and to alter the whole stigma behind pilots coming from rich backgrounds. Ah well, let’s hope aer Lingus is different to those other cadet providers !

peter.a.96
2nd Sep 2023, 08:52
Made a call.

any idea what proportion are cut at this stage / how many are left vs assessment centre spaces?

DizzyLizzy1712
2nd Sep 2023, 08:52
i think if am completely honest, I am not going to get my hopes very high for my applications to be successful this year. This application process is very new to me and it’s been a great experience to learn and even speaking to you guys has been so helpful I can’t even explain. I think from here forward I know what I must practice and that’s definitely the online CUT E assessments etc. thanks guys for sending website and YouTube reccomendations!!! Super helpful :) but yeah I think this year isn’t gonna be my year cause am a wee newbie from Scotland lol however I am defo gonna be even more prepared

Arena_33
2nd Sep 2023, 09:11
Can anyone confirm that someone with some ATPL exam passes is not allowed to apply? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere

DeltaEchoCharlie
2nd Sep 2023, 10:45
Can anyone confirm that someone with some ATPL exam passes is not allowed to apply? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere

it’s in the FAQ of the Future Pilot Program on the Aer Lingus site.

Will66
2nd Sep 2023, 10:49
I am not 100% but I think if you go to the FAQ section of the future pilot page, there was a part about having ATPLs and Licenses. Can’t remember if they were permitted or not though.

Nino24
2nd Sep 2023, 10:56

on Aer Lingus FAQI have a CPL/MPL/ATPL already. Can I apply?
No. Unfortunately, you are overqualified for the course. Aer Lingus also run Direct Entry Pilot campaigns for pilots with these qualifications periodically.

Jdogg
2nd Sep 2023, 11:01
on Aer Lingus FAQI have a CPL/MPL/ATPL already. Can I apply?
No. Unfortunately, you are overqualified for the course. Aer Lingus also run Direct Entry Pilot campaigns for pilots with these qualifications periodically.

Having an ATPL and ATPL exams done are 2 different things!

Nino24
2nd Sep 2023, 11:02
Having an ATPL and ATPL exams done are 2 different things!

do you have ATPL modules?

Flying_Engineer95
2nd Sep 2023, 14:30

Also on the website:

‘’I have completed some/all the EASA exams already. Can I apply?’’

Answer:
‘’Yes. However, you will still need to complete all ground school elements of the course and sit all school exams and progress tests. It should also be noted that Aer Lingus requires higher pass marks than EASA’’

Redmo
2nd Sep 2023, 15:02
They have definitely taken people in the past with ATPL exams done, I know a couple personally. Because it's an integrated MPL course they still have to redo all the ground school though to achieve the requirements of the licence. As far as I remember they just didn't have to do the actual ATPL exams but still had to do all internal school exams and mocks etc

AverageAviator12
2nd Sep 2023, 16:14
Hey, I completed the online assessment in August and haven't heard anything from Aer Lingus since then, so I am curious. Has one of you received a confirmation email after the assessment took place?

boing797
2nd Sep 2023, 17:50

This is from the 'Education' section of the FAQs:

Q: I have completed some/all the EASA exams already. Can I apply?

A: Yes. However, you will still need to complete all ground school elements of the course and sit all school exams and progress tests. It should also be noted that Aer Lingus requires higher pass marks than EASA.