PDA

View Full Version : The Trouble With Twitterables: link difficulties with Tweets

Winemaker
12th Jul 2023, 13:34
Long thread. Seems unlikely - but it is Russia. The differing tales about what’s happening inside Russia may be Maskirovka - or an indication of the power struggles taking place….

Osechkin: Transition of power in Russia is already in process.
​​​​​​​
Note: It may still take a while but Putin's reign is coming to an end and the process has already begun in an attempt to prevent a scenario of a 'failed state.'
For most of these twitter links I can only see the original comment but none of the content, as I am not a twitter user. Am I alone in this? For example, in this link I see only the headline but none of the 'long thread'.

Saab Dastard
12th Jul 2023, 14:35
For most of these twitter links I can only see the original comment but none of the content, as I am not a twitter user. Am I alone in this? For example, in this link I see only the headline but none of the 'long thread'.
No, you are not alone, I have the same experience - see my post above: 2623 (https://www.pprune.org/11464243-post2623.html)

Video Mixdown
12th Jul 2023, 14:56
​​​​​​I understand the reluctance, but you only need to get an account by providing the bare minimum of details. You don't have to join groups of be active in any way. Personal choice I guess.

FUMR
12th Jul 2023, 15:24
Sometime ago I did just what VM wrote above (#2735). I am not a twitterite (or whatever they are called). It just made life easier for reading Twitter links.

Geriaviator
12th Jul 2023, 16:32
Ancient non-techie here but surely one can also use fake ID info and email addy? Asking for a friend ...

Winemaker
12th Jul 2023, 17:35
Ancient non-techie here but surely one can also use fake ID info and email addy? Asking for a friend ...
I was wondering the same thing. I have a number of throw away gmail addresses I use when I don't want to give my actual email address. Does that work with twitter? Or do you have to use a VPN also to not get tracked?

NutLoose
12th Jul 2023, 18:51
I was wondering the same thing. I have a number of throw away gmail addresses I use when I don't want to give my actual email address. Does that work with twitter? Or do you have to use a VPN also to not get tracked?

i use a secondary email address for it and a vpn. The problem is Pprune has a problem with VPN’s and throws up an error.

Geriaviator
12th Jul 2023, 19:47
Works fine for me, I view twitter only to follow Prune’s Ukraine sites. Vivaldi browser leaves no trails so don’t need VPN

NutLoose
10th Aug 2023, 11:24
an update to Winemaker's issue with the grenade in the goolies... It worked on my ipad fine but Winemaker could not see it, I assumed it was because I was either signed in, or it was in the cache. trying the link on another PC I had the same as Winemaker was experiencing, a dead link, signing in however the link then worked, so the problem was at the Twitter end.