PDA

View Full Version : U.K. Airline Pay & Benefits increases.

ToCatLady
10th Jul 2023, 07:26
Just wanted to start a thread on the current 2023 pay rises and benefit increases we are seeing across the U.K. airlines.

I believe most airlines have so far increased pay 22/23 but nowhere on the scale of USA & EU T&Cs’

Jet2 seems to be the one that has the largest increase in pay and perhaps DHL?

RARA9
10th Jul 2023, 07:32
Just wanted to start a thread on the current 2023 pay rises and benefit increases we are seeing across the U.K. airlines.

I believe most airlines have so far increased pay 22/23 but nowhere on the scale of USA & EU T&Cs’

Jet2 seems to be the one that has the largest increase in pay and perhaps DHL?

Good idea ! Very beneficial for all !
word on the grape vine is a further 4% pay rise for Jet 2 in Autumn. Pay bonuses this month for all . Something like £20k after tax for a skipper , £15k for sfo etc…. But nothing compared to the states

HOVIS
10th Jul 2023, 08:36
13% for BA (spread over two years) if accepted.
MAG (not an airline but airport operator) have offered 17%.
Jet2 seem to be leading the pack though. Across the board, not just pilots.

Time Traveller
10th Jul 2023, 09:07
I believe new pilots only get a bonus after the end of the first full financial year after they start employment - so it's quite a long way off for new pilots, and with the decline of UK PLC, who knows what the economic climate would be like by then.

3Greens
10th Jul 2023, 11:11
13% for BA (spread over two years) if accepted.
MAG (not an airline but airport operator) have offered 17%.
Jet2 seem to be leading the pack though. Across the board, not just pilots.

interesting you seem to know the BA offer as I’m a BA pilot and AFAIK no offer to pilots is yet forthcoming.
maybe you’re confusing the GMB or UNITE offer?

Mr Good Cat
10th Jul 2023, 11:23
Pay bonuses this month for all . Something like £20k after tax for a skipper

That sounds a little on the high side, but we can live in hope!

I wouldn't bank on the alleged increases on basic going forward. The effects of the squeeze will become apparent within the next year and those at the top know this and will be careful. At Jet2 we've certainly done okay during and post-Covid though. I can't see many jumping ship in the coming years.

rotorwills
10th Jul 2023, 11:32
Well it appears positive for many UK crew with the exception of Ryan Air. Their policy works for them and they are steadfast with their low pay structure in the UK. Worse positioned are their overseas crew, Buzz Lauda etc, they are in zero hour contracts. Only get paid when they are in the air. From what I hear there is growing discontent but nothing likely to improve as the assembly line of cadets is terrifyingly full to brimming. Cadets lined up all over Europe clamouring to get on their idealistic view of gravy train travelling.

Theholdingpoint
10th Jul 2023, 12:48
Well it appears positive for many UK crew with the exception of Ryan Air. Their policy works for them and they are steadfast with their low pay structure in the UK. Worse positioned are their overseas crew, Buzz Lauda etc, they are in zero hour contracts. Only get paid when they are in the air. From what I hear there is growing discontent but nothing likely to improve as the assembly line of cadets is terrifyingly full to brimming. Cadets lined up all over Europe clamouring to get on their idealistic view of gravy train travelling.

Don't know if Italy is "overseas" to you, but as far as I know the italian contract in Ryanair (aka Malta Air) is not as good as the easyJet one but they're at least comparable.
Excluding flag carriers those are two of the best (if not the best) contracts in the EU as of today.

rotorwills
10th Jul 2023, 19:03
Don't know if Italy is "overseas" to you, but as far as I know the italian contract in Ryanair (aka Malta Air) is not as good as the easyJet one but they're at least comparable.
Excluding flag carriers those are two of the best (if not the best) contracts in the EU as of today.

Well that does surprise me. Has anyone ever posted the salary and terms and conditions of Malta Air. If anyone has that information it may well be to reveal them. Would certainly be of interest to many I would guess.

ToCatLady
11th Jul 2023, 13:51
interesting you seem to know the BA offer as I’m a BA pilot and AFAIK no offer to pilots is yet forthcoming.
maybe you’re confusing the GMB or UNITE offer?

AFAIK there is no offer yet, and 13% would upset GMB!