PDA

View Full Version : BA Cityflyer

PinguGoesFlying
15th Apr 2023, 21:13
Anyone applied for the BA Cityflyer Cadet position?

Anyone know whats on offer there?

j3000
21st Apr 2023, 10:07
I've applied and have been requested to complete a video interview exercise. Does anyone know what questions they will ask?

PinguGoesFlying
21st Apr 2023, 14:56
Nothing here, when did they email you that

CommercialJets
21st Apr 2023, 17:36
Nothing here either, though I did only apply yesterday (due to my IR having expired)!
Good luck to those with an interview

AlexAB
23rd Apr 2023, 19:43
I've applied and have been requested to complete a video interview exercise. Does anyone know what questions they will ask?
when did you apply? :)

FLYINGGAL153
24th Apr 2023, 15:17

Same here! Have you completed it yet?
I found these on a different thread for the video exercise for Euroflyer;

• Why do you want to join the BA short haul fleet?
• What are the current challenges BA are facing?
• What are the advantages of BA introducing the A320neo into the fleet?

So the first two could be a potential!

benny_sze
26th Apr 2023, 12:46
Same here! Have you completed it yet?
I found these on a different thread for the video exercise for Euroflyer;

• Why do you want to join the BA short haul fleet?
• What are the current challenges BA are facing?
• What are the advantages of BA introducing the A320neo into the fleet?

So the first two could be a potential!

Let us know when you have completed the video interview. Good luck

Anyone received the invitation for the video interview only with a MCC JOC?

BTW your PM seems to be full.

jr6565
26th Apr 2023, 16:30
Let us know when you have completed the video interview. Good luck

Anyone received the invitation for the video interview only with a MCC JOC?

BTW your PM seems to be full.

The APS MCC is an absolute requirement it seems. I was asked to withdraw my application because I only have an MCC JOC.

wazzer1
26th Apr 2023, 16:50
I believe in the requirements it asks specifically for evidence of completing an APS-MCC

wazzer1
27th Apr 2023, 10:45
Has anybody completed the video interview and heard anything back yet?

SquareSize
27th Apr 2023, 19:50
Has anybody completed the video interview and heard anything back yet?

Just the waiting game now, they stated in the email 10 days which would be this Sat I believe. Hopefully some feedback the following week?

wazzer1
28th Apr 2023, 07:28
Just the waiting game now, they stated in the email 10 days which would be this Sat I believe. Hopefully some feedback the following week?

Let's hope so

SquareSize
30th Apr 2023, 10:21
Just heard back this morning, surprisingly. Anyone have an idea of the next stage of the assessments? I’d guess an interview and sim assessment..

wazzer1
1st May 2023, 06:59
Just heard back this morning, surprisingly. Anyone have an idea of the next stage of the assessments? I’d guess an interview and sim assessment..
And psychometric and group exercises. Have they given you a date yet?

Flightdisclose
1st May 2023, 11:27
For those who have done the video interviews, did you get a confirmation email to say that they have been received?

wazzer1
2nd May 2023, 07:10
For those who have done the video interviews, did you get a confirmation email to say that they have been received?
No, but you can see on their website that they've been uploaded.

Flightdisclose
5th May 2023, 14:08
Anyone else heard anything since the video interviews?

wazzer1
10th May 2023, 09:23
Anyone booked in for an assessment on 24th May?

Bennyboy2851
15th May 2023, 14:06
wazzer1 Is that for the interview? 0800-1600 time slot? If so, I'm booked in for that.

wazzer1
16th May 2023, 11:21
wazzer1 Is that for the interview? 0800-1600 time slot? If so, I'm booked in for that.

@Bennyboy2851 your inbox seems to be full

Bennyboy2851
16th May 2023, 11:23
Emptied mate, can only have one thing in there for some reason haha.

Chrisss1995
18th May 2023, 05:30

Did you folks have to do a crew capacity test? I got an invite for one of these on the 23rd for an hour. Hopeful that if I am successful I will be offered the assessment day on 24th as will most likely stay over in the area.

If you guys didn't have to do the crew capacity test, can I ask where you did your training? And if modular or integrated?

Good luck in your assessments!

Flightdisclose
18th May 2023, 14:35
Just received an email to say I've been successful at the video interviews. Didn't get any info about the next stage though. To those who heard back before me, would you mind sharing what happens next?

Chrisss1995
19th May 2023, 04:59
Just received an email to say I've been successful at the video interviews. Didn't get any info about the next stage though. To those who heard back before me, would you mind sharing what happens next?

I got an email after the videos saying I was successful through that stage and in the same email, that I needed to book an in person interview.

Seems like a 1 hr crew capacity test is next. Unsure on setup but presuming standard TCAS ND with some mental math calculations for ROD/ROC/track plus some system failures. I have mine on Tuesday.

Following that, I believe there is an assessment day which consists of a group exercise, panel interview, and perhaps a general company briefing. Seems a couple people on the thread have theirs Wednesday.

If successful through this, I believe the last step is a simulator assessment in a 747.

I think that’s all the steps but I haven’t gone through them all myself so can’t 100% confirm.

Not sure if they are hiring for immediate start dates or are doing holding pools. I am assuming holding pool is an option as that’s what has happened to me after interviews and assessments elsewhere.

wazzer1
19th May 2023, 07:22

You'll do the crew capacity test next, kindof like an aptitude test.

Bennyboy2851 your inbox is full again

wazzer1
19th May 2023, 09:07
Has anybody heard any rumours on how many places are available?

wazzer1
19th May 2023, 09:40
I got an email after the videos saying I was successful through that stage and in the same email, that I needed to book an in person interview.

Seems like a 1 hr crew capacity test is next. Unsure on setup but presuming standard TCAS ND with some mental math calculations for ROD/ROC/track plus some system failures. I have mine on Tuesday.

Following that, I believe there is an assessment day which consists of a group exercise, panel interview, and perhaps a general company briefing. Seems a couple people on the thread have theirs Wednesday.

If successful through this, I believe the last step is a simulator assessment in a 747.

I think that’s all the steps but I haven’t gone through them all myself so can’t 100% confirm.

Not sure if they are hiring for immediate start dates or are doing holding pools. I am assuming holding pool is an option as that’s what has happened to me after interviews and assessments elsewhere.

From what I can find, the sim assessment is only for DEP, but this is only what i can decipher from the assessment guide so I could.be wrong

Chrisss1995
19th May 2023, 09:59
From what I can find, the sim assessment is only for DEP, but this is only what i can decipher from the assessment guide so I could.be wrong

I might be wrong above but is an FO job not classed as DEP?

wazzer1
19th May 2023, 11:08
I might be wrong above but is an FO job not classed as DEP?

You might be right, I was under the impression we would be going in as TEP as alot of people are new graduates. Also I tried to PM you, it says your inbox is full

Chrisss1995
19th May 2023, 12:13
You might be right, I was under the impression we would be going in as TEP as alot of people are new graduates. Also I tried to PM you, it says your inbox is full

I don’t think being new or fresh would matter too much as everyone is a qualified pilot. I’d imagine experience will determine if joining as a second officer or junior FO or FO. Will be based on fATPL vs ATPL and perhaps employment time factored too.

Just replied on PM

Flightdisclose
20th May 2023, 05:02
For those who have done the capacity test, was Parking available at Waterside? Attached document says not, but the jobs portal says "Parking will be available at Waterside on your assessment day. "

wazzer1
20th May 2023, 07:03
For those who have done the capacity test, was Parking available at Waterside? Attached document says not, but the jobs portal says "Parking will be available at Waterside on your assessment day. "

When I had mine some of the other guys managed to park there

Joshhh
21st May 2023, 09:42
If you can't park at Waterside, there is a free car park down Tarmac Way which is a couple minutes walk away.

Speed_Trim_Fail
21st May 2023, 12:39
Any information BA have sent you via email is of course overriding, however normally they do provide you with a letter than will enable you to park at Waterside.

Good luck.

Flying Farmer 44
23rd May 2023, 11:28
Can anyone confirm what each stage of the assessment process currently is?

Chrisss1995
23rd May 2023, 15:25
I did the flight crew test today at 1330 and just heard back. Booked next assessment for June 7th 0800.

Ill be travelling and staying at Sheraton around the corner the day before. If anyone else is going feel free to Pm me

j3000
24th May 2023, 10:52
How was the crew test? What did it consist of? Any info greatly appreciated, got mine in June, Thanks

wannabe123
25th May 2023, 14:27
Anyone booked in for an assessment on 24th May?

Hi guys, how did your assessment day go yesterday? Would you be able to give any insight as to what to expect throughout the day?

Thanks in advance!

wazzer1
25th May 2023, 18:14
Hi guys, how did your assessment day go yesterday? Would you be able to give any insight as to what to expect throughout the day?

Thanks in advance!

It's a fairly relaxed atmosphere, just group exercises and an interview with a pilot and HR, and then a presentation around midday

CLOUDYCAVOK
25th May 2023, 18:30

Thanks in advance!

It neither likely nor prudent that someone will be publicising the ins and outs of the assessment day as 1) they will change the questions etc and 2) you are asking your competitors to help you.

Do your own research, be yourself and be prepared.

wannabe123
26th May 2023, 15:47
It's a fairly relaxed atmosphere, just group exercises and an interview with a pilot and HR, and then a presentation around midday

Perfect - thank you for clarifying that.
Hope it went well for you!

Flightdisclose
27th May 2023, 20:42

Did they tell you how long it would take for them to get back to you?

wazzer1
28th May 2023, 18:44
Did they tell you how long it would take for them to get back to you?

Unfortunately not

bigbird97
5th Jun 2023, 16:19
Does anyone know how many pilots BA Cityflyer are looking to take on from their recent recruitment drive?

HTanner
6th Jun 2023, 10:23
Does anyone know how many pilots BA Cityflyer are looking to take on from their recent recruitment drive?

I heard it was 30-35

Fanor
6th Jun 2023, 12:33
Anyone have any updates? Last update was a recruiter telling me to standby and they will get in touch.
seems like people have had assessments and been offered jobs.

HTanner
6th Jun 2023, 13:06
Anyone have any updates? Last update was a recruiter telling me to standby and they will get in touch.
seems like people have had assessments and been offered jobs.

I had an assessment 23/05, not heard anything since.

SA14
17th Jun 2023, 17:51
Anybody else successful at assessment and put in the hold pool?

Bennyboy2851
17th Jun 2023, 19:03

yes mate, I have and a few others I know of from an interview on 24th May.

wazzer1
17th Jun 2023, 19:20

Yes. It seems that there's a few in the hold pool

Bennyboy2851
17th Jun 2023, 19:42

Flightdisclose
18th Jun 2023, 07:51

how many were at your interview? And do you know how many of those got placed in the hold pool?

SA14
18th Jun 2023, 08:05
how many were at your interview? And do you know how many of those got placed in the hold pool?

12 of us on the 17th May assessment. I know of two who were offered positions immediately and start next month.

Not aware of anybody else in my group who got holding pool but imagine at least a few others

wazzer1
18th Jun 2023, 10:51
12 of us on the 17th May assessment. I know of two who were offered positions immediately and start next month.

Not aware of anybody else in my group who got holding pool but imagine at least a few others

We had 16 on our day, I know of 1 that got a contract and theres at least 4 in the holding pool

wazzer1
18th Jun 2023, 15:32
Anyone in the holding pool, free feel to PM your number and we'll set up a WhatsApp group

frew198
23rd Jun 2023, 09:52
Does anybody know what the current situation is with recruitment ?

Bennyboy2851
23rd Jun 2023, 14:13
Last I heard, a ffriend had an email for the video interview and then got emailed the day after saying not to do it, they'll be in contact when they want him to do it.

frew198
23rd Jun 2023, 15:25
Last I heard, a ffriend had an email for the video interview and then got emailed the day after saying not to do it, they'll be in contact when they want him to do it.
Yeah I had the same
Seems like recruitment now on hold and they have filled their slots !

Pilot.S
25th Jun 2023, 16:46
Anyone who had an email after the video interview and was told to hold, send a PM. We can talk more about it

AucT
19th Oct 2023, 21:51
Anyone applied to BA CityFlyer in October? Heard from other candidate that following an online interview he had been waiting for a week now without any updates.

NewHere24
6th Nov 2023, 15:39
looks like I might be invited soon to the next assessment stage at BACF, which reading here is the capacity test..

could someone advise what this test could involve and is it just one test or several tests?

NH

wazzer1
27th Nov 2023, 08:49
@wannabe123 I replied to your message, not sure if you've received it

Jayess
27th Nov 2023, 15:58
Currently the next stage at BACF after you pass the video interview is an assessment day including capacity test (search "Eagle Test" for more info), group exercise and interview.

cloudserfer8875
11th Dec 2023, 15:50
Has anyone completed the video interviews and heard back ? I completed mine a week ago and nothing yet .

wazzer1
11th Dec 2023, 16:01
Has anyone completed the video interviews and heard back ? I completed mine a week ago and nothing yet .

I tried replying to your PM but it keeps saying your inbox is full

Poolepilot
23rd Dec 2023, 18:03
Been invited for sim check on the 380 for first officer position at BACF with no airline experience. Any support or info to help prepare appreciated please, thank you.

hhjhh
5th Jan 2024, 20:35
Hi guys, what is the best website to practice for the Eagle Test and is there any numerical or verbal reasoning along with it? Many thanks

Cantland
1st Mar 2024, 10:02
Has anyone been successful and placed in the hold pool with BA cityflyer?

fjencl
19th May 2024, 16:59
I see there is job vacancy advertised for Captain BA Cityflyer Edinburgh base.

Dos this mean that BA Cityflyer are to reopen a base at EDI for first officers as well as cabin crew ????

noblue24
21st May 2024, 11:45
I see there is job vacancy advertised for Captain BA Cityflyer Edinburgh base.

Dos this mean that BA Cityflyer are to reopen a base at EDI for first officers as well as cabin crew ????

Pilotjobsnetwork seems to suggest they’re only looking captains at Edinburgh currently which would suggest it won’t be a fully fledged base per say. Unless they’re filling the FO positions internally..

BuoyancyBuster
17th Jun 2024, 21:30
Currently going through the recruitment process with BACF for a NTR FO “direct entry” position. Capacity test was in Feb, Interview & group assessment successful in May and have not heard since. Awaiting a sim assessment date. From what I remember, they’re looking to do type ratings around October-ish.

Anyone in a similar situation?

noblue24
18th Jun 2024, 07:44
Currently going through the recruitment process with BACF for a NTR FO “direct entry” position. Capacity test was in Feb, Interview & group assessment successful in May and have not heard since. Awaiting a sim assessment date. From what I remember, they’re looking to do type ratings around October-ish.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Similar position here. Had read that FO recruitment was temporarily paused due to high numbers but in recent days a job ad for Cityflyer DE FOs has appeared on BA careers. That may indicate that things are starting to move again. Fingers crossed.