PDA

View Full Version : Self-sponsored training.

PPRuNeUser0149
23rd Feb 2023, 13:24
Posted wrong

Speed_Trim_Fail
24th Feb 2023, 07:04
“You know what knowledge you have and what you're worth, so it's time to find your flight deck position.”

I find it eminently depressing that people read this on their website and then go on to pay thousands of euros to do a supposedly professional job.

There have been several “is this pay to fly operator legit” posts that I have seen recently. The reason all of these operators seem somewhat murky/set up to take advantage is because the very thing they are DOING is murky and set up to take advantage, it is baked into the very business so you’re not going to find a P2F operator who is really interested in you beyond the fact you have a pulse, desperation and thousands of euros.

If you’re going to spend that sort of money go to Ryanair, their training is absolutely superb and at least you’ll earn a salary, even if pitifully low, during line training. I’m not sure what their current offers are to cadets, but 30k euros used to be the going rate for the cadet TR. Once you’re on the line the roster is great and set up very very slick and easy.