PDA

View Full Version : Slow computer

Discorde
19th Dec 2022, 12:45
Since the last Windows 10 update on my Lenovo ideapad 330 all the programs and apps have been running slowly but I don't know if it's a Windows prob or a Firefox prob. Can anyone suggest troubleshooting techniques that don't require a PhD in IT systems?

Thanks for info.

judyjudy
19th Dec 2022, 13:01
Since the last Windows 10 update on my Lenovo ideapad 330 all the programs and apps have been running slowly but I don't know if it's a Windows prob or a Firefox prob. Can anyone suggest troubleshooting techniques that don't require a PhD in IT systems?

Thanks for info.

Start up Task Manager and see what is hogging the system?

Asturias56
19th Dec 2022, 14:19
check the various security systems - it may have defaulted to checking every file as you click on them

also

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/lenovo-laptop-running-slow-windows-10.html

Discorde
19th Dec 2022, 17:35
Thanks for your help, chaps. It was a Firefox prob. Did an uninstall/reset/refresh (twice) and now the laptop is behaving itself. I'll delete the thread soon once I assume you've seen the acknowledgement.

Asturias56
20th Dec 2022, 07:56
no leave it up - its always useful to search old threads to see if the problem you run into has already been fixed!!

Discorde
20th Dec 2022, 11:32
no leave it up - its always useful to search old threads to see if the problem you run into has already been fixed!!
Good idea! I'll grant it a (temporary) stay of execution. I'm trying to avoid adding more clutter to the internet, given that 90% of the data on it is either out of date or no longer relevant or just plain wrong! [/RANT]

Asturias56
20th Dec 2022, 17:38
Too late for that worthy idea I'm afraid............