PDA

View Full Version : Open Horizon Aviation - A320 Line training program (Pay to fly)

Panprdel
4th Dec 2022, 08:09
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experiance with Open Horizon Aviation as for thier type rating and pay to fly line training on A320?
I'd appriciate any onfo you have, there's not much info on thier website...
www open-horizon-aviation com/
thanks!

AviatorBoy_95
4th Dec 2022, 11:23
Hello,
I don't have no experience with them but curious about the cost. Have they provided you with a quote? Are you already type rated?

Panprdel
4th Dec 2022, 17:12
I'm not type rated, CPL/MEP/IR with UPRT, I have not spoken to them yet.
I'd like to hear from someone who was there personally, they write in the website that job is guaranteed, and would like to verify that.
The little I could gather is that they offer a 300h+type (around 50k euros) OR 500h + type (around 70k euros)

As the potential investment on my side is significant, I want as much info as possible before putting that kind of money....
They are also not disclosing the name of the airline in which the training will be done and that raises a red flag

P2f sucks, but I'm considering it.

hamburgerboy
5th Dec 2022, 06:36
I'd like to hear from someone who was there personally, they write in the website that job is guaranteed, and would like to verify that.
The little I could gather is that they offer a 300h+type (around 50k euros) OR 500h + type (around 70k euros)

As the potential investment on my side is significant, I want as much info as possible before putting that kind of money....
They are also not disclosing the name of the airline in which the training will be done and that raises a red flag

300h 50k and no salary?

You're better off with RYR's p2f cadet**** scam

Stjepa
5th Dec 2022, 17:36
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experiance with Open Horizon Aviation as for thier type rating and pay to fly line training on A320?
thanks!

As I understand, Open horizon aviation works solely with Trade Air airline providing p2f pilots for them
There are 2 options: 300h/500h.
You will fly a lot, but it's only to make you finish all your hours fast and kick you out to "make room" for a new p2f pilot.
If you are required for additional training all will be paid by you.
They have a couple of permanent F/Os that are also used as a reference for new candidates, just to show that they do offer a permanent contract after, and as I understand even they are not flying a lot.
They will promise you whatever you want, ask everything in writing before signing the contract!! especially if you want to get a permanent contract after!
The only way to continue flying is to buy more and more hours.
Just be very careful before signing anything and try to find another company that can give you a permanent contract after finishing your paid hours.

Stjepa
5th Dec 2022, 17:37
No salary at all

VariablePitchP
6th Dec 2022, 08:32

There has to be a reason you’re considering this steaming pile of manure? Do you not have right to work anywhere, somewhere RYR bases etc?

What’s your plan after? You’ve now got 500 hours and an A320 rating but no employment record, and a rating that’s going stale the second you get off the plane? Who on earth would want to hire you at that point?

Stjepa
6th Dec 2022, 18:25
The TR will stay with you until it expires.
That's why you need to be sure to get permanent contract and not pay them for nothing.

Falcon_net
7th Dec 2022, 10:00
Good morning guys,

I would know information about your discussion.

What did you mean about permanent contract? So It's mandatory to have a permanent contract, even for only 1 years, for instance?

thx

rudestuff
7th Dec 2022, 11:41
Why not just wait and get a job that pays? P2F is for the unemployable. Do you really think a decent employer will touch you after you've been on a P2F scheme?

Stjepa
7th Dec 2022, 17:14
Good morning guys,

What did you mean about permanent contract? So It's mandatory to have a permanent contract, even for only 1 years, for instance?

thx
when you spent 70,000 euros + expenses with the promise of the permanent contract with salary after your p2f program, and in the end you find yourself out of the company because they need to make room for the others P2F pilots..
those the "lucky" ones with salary, fly around 7 mounts in the year and without any salary when they are not flying.
so the search for the job starts again now you need to search for other company

Stjepa
7th Dec 2022, 17:15
Good morning guys,

thx

Why not just wait and get a job that pays? P2F is for the unemployable. Do you really think a decent employer will touch you after you've been on a P2F scheme?
yes, its much harder to find a "decent" company.

Consol
8th Dec 2022, 01:09
Will they line train you or just let you do the walk around and the radios?
I've flown with some p2f graduates and it can be hard to justify letting them fly a leg with any challenge.

VariablePitchP
8th Dec 2022, 06:21
I've flown with some p2f graduates and it can be hard to justify letting them fly a leg with any challenge.

Don’t use the word graduates, degrades everyone else. They’re customers/victims dependent on how you feel

Panprdel
8th Dec 2022, 10:46
I’m considering it because it’s a little harder for me to get employed in the EU, I have a permanent residency in a member state and basically can work and live everywhere within the union, the issue is that I’m less attractive for airlines due to lack of citizenship.

I went to Wizz assessment, gave it my best, passed, and then got screened out because of the passport issue, my explanations that it’s possible to live and work anywhere on the network were not enough. That was a real breaking point to fall to this kind technicality – after knowing I did good.

My plan is to find a company that will take me with the current situation, I’m willing to pay for TR, but p2f raises too many concerns for such a big investment.

After reading the comments to this post I’m not so inclined to finance this satanic practice of paying for work.

Stjepa
8th Dec 2022, 18:02
you can do more than that, but you paying a lot of money for that without any future in Open horizon aviation / Trade air

Stjepa
8th Dec 2022, 18:25
Sorry to hear that, and i hope you will find a proper company soon.
If you have no choose, there is lots of p2f companies, try to choose one that will give you work after (not only promises) and will not treat you like second hand pilot like Open horizon aviation or trade air do.

Rafjafraf
10th Oct 2023, 14:48
Hello all,

thanks!

Did you ever manage to get start the course? Any tips? Im considering it as well…any tips??

Hogos
11th Oct 2023, 07:20
I did an online chat with them back to 2021. Never started as the prices were too high, plus the hiring chances especially at that time were very low, contrarily to what they wanted to show.
Nowaday the situation is different, everyone is looking for pilots, and if you haven't been lucky to find anything, I would suggest you to consider a company where you can sign a contract before shelling out for a TR.
I think one of them is Smartlynx, but there are many others.
Or eventually do a TR yourself with half of the price and try to go to Avion on other desperate companies just to make your experience.

Rafjafraf
11th Oct 2023, 09:15
I did an online chat with them back to 2021. Never started as the prices were too high, plus the hiring chances especially at that time were very low, contrarily to what they wanted to show.
Nowaday the situation is different, everyone is looking for pilots, and if you haven't been lucky to find anything, I would suggest you to consider a company where you can sign a contract before shelling out for a TR.
I think one of them is Smartlynx, but there are many others.
Or eventually do a TR yourself with half of the price and try to go to Avion on other desperate companies just to make your experience.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a European passport nor the right to work in Europe so for me it is very difficult. I’ll look into smart-lynx, see if they can sponsor a work visa…

Simon Rodin
18th Nov 2023, 09:46
Hi. Here is my experience with them:
Bad experience. I had an agreement with Trade Air to fly for free for them and Open Horizon stopped my flying because a year prior I had applied to Open Horizon. This was very irritating and caused me to get stopped on my flying. Do not recommend. Their prices are also very high. Very unpleasant experience. Seems like they are only interested in money and not really to help.
Hello all,

thanks!

hothighhumid
7th Dec 2023, 04:45
Open Horizon stopped my flying because a year prior I had applied to Open Horizon.

Why is that... Do they only accept through open horizon? Did you start flying again?

jessyno
10th Dec 2023, 15:45
300h 50k and no salary?

You're better off with RYR's p2f cadet**** scam
Not a scam! I did with them on the line training program
Fair company!
There are job opportunities. Important that they pay you during the training.
Of course, there are cheaper companies, or by the time you start flying, it takes a long time. you just wait and wait. like Avion Express.
Several cadet pilots said they had to wait 2-3 months.
We started together, but by the time I got to 300 hours, they only had 50-80 hours with another company.
I highly recommend it.
They have helped many cadet pilots.

jessyno
10th Dec 2023, 15:57
You are prepared and experienced, none of them will ask you if you have been in a P2F programme.
There are also performance , expectations. Some of the Avion pilots started out that way.
Either RYR or Wizz will put you in that program.
There's no point in arguing about it.

jessyno
10th Dec 2023, 15:59
are already paid from the first day.

jessyno
10th Dec 2023, 16:00
[QUOTE=Stjepa;11342819]As I understand, Open horizon aviation works solely with Trade Air airline providing p2f pilots for them
There are 2 options: 300h/500h.
You will fly a lot, but it's only to make you finish all your hours fast and kick you out to "make room" for a new p2f pilot.
If you are required for additional training all will be paid by you.
They have a couple of permanent F/Os that are also used as a reference for new candidates, just to show that they do offer a permanent contract after, and as I understand even they are not flying a lot.
They will promise you whatever you want, ask everything in writing before signing the contract!! especially if you want to get a permanent contract after!
The only way to continue flying is to buy more and more hours.
Just be very careful before signing anything and try to find another company that can give you a permanent contract after finishing your paid hours.[/Q

are already paid from the first day.

jessyno
10th Dec 2023, 16:08
Bad experience. I had an agreement with Trade Air to fly for free for them and Open Horizon stopped my flying because a year prior I had applied to Open Horizon. This was very irritating and caused me to get stopped on my flying. Do not recommend. Their prices are also very high. Very unpleasant experience. Seems like they are only interested in money and not really to help.
and I have just the opposite, only good experiences with them.
It's not always the company.
I recommend it, better than Avion.
What they promise, they deliver. Avion also promises a lot, you just have to wait.
They are a fair company and they have fair people.

jessyno
10th Dec 2023, 16:18
now there are several companies, question when you can start flying.
Smartlynx and Avion have several months to wait, Open is at least dealing with it so don't wait too long.

hothighhumid
12th Dec 2023, 05:34
now there are several companies, question when you can start flying.
Smartlynx and Avion have several months to wait, Open is at least dealing with it so don't wait too long.

How long do they take to finish 500hrs? & are they working with smartlynx & avion too or just tradeair?

rajveer
16th Dec 2023, 13:24
Has anyone have ever gone through open horizon? if yes, please share your expeirence. I am considering it strongly as that is the only option i have left to apply for.

9xenjoyer
5th Jan 2024, 04:53
Has anyone have ever gone through open horizon? if yes, please share your expeirence. I am considering it strongly as that is the only option i have left to apply for.

Have you contacted them? I did talk with them in 2022 I think but never went through as it was too expensive then (~70k euros for TR & 500hrs), no job guarantee + you have to pay for all your expenses. I would never recommend P2F unless you absolutely don't have any other choice.

rajveer
5th Jan 2024, 05:18
i did contact them but here's what i made out of it, apparently pay to fly is a dangeours option due to the fact of how much money is being invested plus you would be on thier hands at the whole time during the course which means that they can terminate the contract when they feel like it. This made me realise that no pay to fly is actually worth it, and one more thing I haven't seen any "alumini's" on their page which is a big red flag. They even told me there are a few pilots from Asia who got jobs after they joined them, but who actually knows? a salespersons job is to sell, whether its crooked or legit. once you pay the money for the course, your money is on their hands and plus they have utmost control over you. Thank you for reading and safe landings!

Consol
5th Jan 2024, 14:53
You will be unemployable by any decent carrier. You will not be thought anything.There are plenty of flying jobs at the moment, why demonstrate to every airline that you are desperate and couldn't get employment in this market?

JoeDarke
5th Jan 2024, 15:41
If you have funding for P2F I'd advise taking it and using it for an instructor rating. I believe this will benefit you more in the long run rather than going through with something like this.

hothighhumid
6th Jan 2024, 04:59
your money is on their hands and plus they have utmost control over you.
:ok:

Though those hours on type might open up a few opportunities for you, its always better to get your first hours the right way in a decent company

Contact Approach
6th Jan 2024, 09:28
I can’t believe what I am reading! Stay away from this! I’ve worked in recruitment and wouldn’t touch anyone who’d come through a scheme like this. Absolutely unbelievable.

9xenjoyer
6th Jan 2024, 17:34
I can’t believe what I am reading! Stay away from this! I’ve worked in recruitment and wouldn’t touch anyone who’d come through a scheme like this. Absolutely unbelievable.

Understand not everyone has a strong passport or comes from a country with extensive general aviation. Some simply dont have any other choice. I know many competent pilots who simply cant get a break... even when right now when airlines are hiring like crazy. For them it is just a way to gain those crucial hrs.
I myself have been waiting for 3yrs now, will touch 30 soon, only getting by because i have a high paying degree outside aviation & currently engaged with family business. I am slowly accepting the fact that i might not be able to work as pilot while i watch 20yr olds get into RHS of a jet.

Contact Approach
6th Jan 2024, 19:14
Understand not everyone has a strong passport or comes from a country with extensive general aviation. Some simply dont have any other choice. I know many competent pilots who simply cant get a break... even when right now when airlines are hiring like crazy. For them it is just a way to gain those crucial hrs.
I myself have been waiting for 3yrs now, will touch 30 soon, only getting by because i have a high paying degree outside aviation & currently engaged with family business. I am slowly accepting the fact that i might not be able to work as pilot while i watch 20yr olds get into RHS of a jet.

Therein lies the problem… flight schools sell the dream yet have no responsibility for getting you in the RHS, regardless of what they might say. The fact of the matter is: there are many hoops you need to jump through, obtaining a f-atpl is all but the first. Buying a TR and a few hours line training won’t solve the right to legally work elsewhere, nor will buying a handful of hours persuade any worthy recruiter you are employable. They simply don’t need to scrape that barrel. Myself and many of my colleagues struggled for that first job. You’re not the first and won’t be the last. P2F is not the answer.

TheEdge
7th Jan 2024, 12:59
P2F, OPEN, BAA, TRADEAIR, SMARTLYNX, AVIONEXPRESS, and all the rest of those criminal bottom feeders are just what they are: criminals.

Avoid at all costs.
And it is true, no any serious company would call you for an assessment or even replying to your email when reading those cancerous names on your CV.

Pilot212121
17th Jan 2024, 14:42
Let me join here..
My experience does not reflect the bad words here. I mean, it is really a huge commitment when it comes to financials but they are also bounded by the law.
I have finished their training and never experienced outcastment when it comes to HR departments. I am from non-eu country and they have supported me to get residency permit and there was no problem at all.
All the LTs that I have flown with were real experienced people and they have taught a lot.
So compare your options but I think it's rather a fast track than a scam

TheEdge
18th Jan 2024, 07:50
Let me join here..
My experience does not reflect the bad words here. I mean, it is really a huge commitment when it comes to financials but they are also bounded by the law.
I have finished their training and never experienced outcastment when it comes to HR departments. I am from non-eu country and they have supported me to get residency permit and there was no problem at all.
All the LTs that I have flown with were real experienced people and they have taught a lot.
So compare your options but I think it's rather a fast track than a scam
Oh Yes, you are a very reliable source, a brand new profile with just 1 post.