PDA

View Full Version : Russia’s SU75 / 57 and it’s woes

NutLoose
6th Sep 2022, 22:05
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2022/09/05/no-semiconductor-no-su-75-checkmate-or-su-57-russian-propaganda-vapourized-in-thin-air-amid-crippling-sanctions/

I tried to copy the article but to no avail.

ORAC
1st Dec 2023, 11:25
SU-57 “stealth” fighter wing with semi-recessed roofing screws.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1213x705/image_f97e98bd1dd3f1a94feebac55de15d18538230e7.png

This, it’s an improvement on the wing fixings on an SU-30 built as recently as 2018…

Excellent panel shut lines on both aircraft…

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1109x1726/image_4d82d8941469dfcab7313090478177f195ca6ce1.jpeg

Ninthace
1st Dec 2023, 12:50
There is nothing like craftsmanship when it comes to building aircraft!

adnoid
1st Dec 2023, 15:27
There is nothing like craftsmanship when it comes to building aircraft!

And, indeed, this is nothing like craftsmanship.

treadigraph
1st Dec 2023, 17:18
Is this the new aircraft that our Russian chums informed us is more advanced than the Stealth Fighter, the design of which essentially started nearly 50 years ago?

ShyTorque
1st Dec 2023, 17:36
I walked amongst scattered parts of the still smoking wreckage of one of the MIG 29s involved in the mid air at IAT Fairford in 1993. For what was then a world beating design, I wasn’t very impressed by the workmanship.

(Or the flying :uhoh: ).

GeeRam
1st Dec 2023, 17:41
Is this the new aircraft that our Russian chums informed us is more advanced than the Stealth Fighter

Indeed it is..............although, when the few they've managed to build are actually working, they do make a distinctive sounding 'blue note' in fairness, which seems to be the only thing going for it. :E

MightyGem
1st Dec 2023, 19:54
I walked amongst scattered parts of the still smoking wreckage of one of the MIG 29s involved in the mid air at IAT Fairford in 1993. For what was then a world beating design, I wasn’t very impressed by the workmanship.

(Or the flying :uhoh: ).
The pilots were pretty cool though. :cool:

treadigraph
2nd Dec 2023, 04:32
The pilots were pretty cool though. :cool:
I thought a punch up followed the punch out...

bobward
2nd Dec 2023, 06:48
It can't be that good if Tom Cruise splashed two using a clapped out F14.......

falcon900
2nd Dec 2023, 08:31
The pilot extracting his smokes from his top pocket and lighting up was pretty cool…

ORAC
11th Jun 2024, 18:44
Based on the above, read and discuss….

https://x.com/arturrehi/status/1800494098320855272?s=61&t=rmEeUn68HhlFHGKbTPQr_A
What the Su-57 fighter can do and its destruction can tell us about the general state of the Russian army.

Like the T-14 tank, the Armata is simply a PR project of the Russian army, the purpose of which is not to build a fifth-generation aircraft, which it never was, but to get the state budget and steal the money.

In fact, the Su-57 is not a new platform, but a regular Su-35 with a modified appearance and some new systems……

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1800494098320855272.html

DogTailRed2
11th Jun 2024, 20:06
Who can remember Anatoly Kvochur (sadly just found out of his death in April Famous Test Pilot Anatoly Nikolaevich Kvochur – 1952-2024 (key.aero) (https://www.key.aero/article/famous-test-pilot-anatoly-nikolaevich-kvochur-1952-2024)) one Biggin Hill air display in the 90's who climbed into his Mig29 (or was it an SU27?). Flew to Moscow for the funeral of his Commanding Officer. Flew back and did his display routine. Now Russia is the social pariah, evil, the enemy? What the hell went wrong?

GeeRam
11th Jun 2024, 21:38
Who can remember Anatoly Kvochur (sadly just found out of his death in April Famous Test Pilot Anatoly Nikolaevich Kvochur – 1952-2024 (key.aero) (https://www.key.aero/article/famous-test-pilot-anatoly-nikolaevich-kvochur-1952-2024))

His infamous arrival in the Su-27 at RIAT at Boscmbe Down in '92 is still etched in my memory.

treadigraph
12th Jun 2024, 04:28
He was actually Ukrainian by birth. I wonder what he thought of Putin and his pals?

I recall his Su-27 display at Biggin Hill...

Mogwi
12th Jun 2024, 07:34
Shared a few beers with him at Farnborogh and I remember the ground crew checking for pulled rivets after each display. Seemed to be a good guy.

Mog

Fonsini
12th Jun 2024, 08:29
Now Russia is the social pariah, evil, the enemy? What the hell went wrong?

Just my $0.02 - what went wrong was a failure to understand the Russian mentality and their inherent fear of western encroachment. Everything was peaches and cream in 1991, just 8 years later NATO was bombing a major city in a former Soviet republic, namely Belgrade. This was pivotal in the rise of the hardliners. 95% of people in the West wouldn’t know what you were talking about if you asked them about the bombing of Belgrade, but the average Russian would.

melmothtw
12th Jun 2024, 08:34
Just my $0.02 - what went wrong was a failure to understand the Russian mentality and their inherent fear of western encroachment. Everything was peaches and cream in 1991, just 8 years later NATO was bombing a major city in a former Soviet republic, namely Belgrade. This was pivotal in the rise of the hardliners. 95% of people in the West wouldn’t know what you were talking about if you asked them about the bombing of Belgrade, but the average Russian would.

Sorry Fonsini, but I stopped reading at the point you called Belgrade a capital of a former Soviet Republic, as you clearly haven't a clue what you're talking about. No offence.

rattman
12th Jun 2024, 08:52

Ahh vatniks unit. We are worried about nato encroaching on us so we are going to invade our neighbors so we will be closer to nato. Ukraine had close to zero chance of being invited into nato. By invading them if they survive its almost gauranteed.

And the russian nukes are that are close to warsaw and berlin. But hey its western defensive alliance threatening poor little russia

God you dumb

Lonewolf_50
12th Jun 2024, 14:04
J... just 8 years later NATO was bombing a major city in a former Soviet republic, namely Belgrade. Not a Soviet Republic.
Tito was very independent in his approach to Communism in Yugoslavia, of which Serbia was a component part.
This was pivotal in the rise of the hardliners. 95% of people in the West wouldn’t know what you were talking about if you asked them about the bombing of Belgrade, but the average Russian would. I don't disagree that the 70-day NATO air campaign sent a message to the Russians that no few Westerners failed to grasp.

melmothtw
12th Jun 2024, 14:38
Interesting that when it comes to criticisms of NATO actions in the Balkans, it is only Serbia that is ever considered to be "the former Soviet state" [sic], and that the Former Yugoslav Republics of Slovenia, Croatia, and Bosnia Herzegovina (not to mention the former Serbian province of Kosovo) where Serbia conducted its genocidal wars for the best part of a decade and where NATO intervened on humanitarian grounds to end the war(s), are not. Odd.