PDA

View Full Version : Emirates to Dublin?

akerosid
25th Aug 2002, 09:18
There was talk, before 9/11, of EK flying to Dublin as an extension of its BHX route and once again, the rumours are doing the rounds in Dublin.

Other airlines are looking seriously at DUB and as the market is relatively small, there may be room for only one carrier, be it SQ, MH, EK or whoever. It would seem to be eminently suitable to EK's 330s, particularly as the extension of the airline's Australian network, as well as its routes to S/E Africa, India, ASEAN etc. would be able to tap into exports, but as yet no word.

Just curious, because I remember MF saying once that the one thing that really annoyed him and EK was missing an opportunity. Here's one looking at them in the face.

Anyone heard anything?

A300Man
25th Aug 2002, 13:48
Perhaps twice or thrice a week as an extension of BHX or MAN. Daily - I don't think the market is there frankly.

Alphaprot
25th Aug 2002, 19:51
Unlikley to be an extension of BHX or MAN as they are already full, EK prefers direct routes, with min of 3 rotations per week to start, stepped up to daily within a year.
Dublin has been and is looked at from time to time, like all other potential destinations, however our commercial boys really know what they are doing and will only go somewhere if it is going to work. To my knowledge we have only ever had 2 routes not work out of all the ones started.

nef
25th Aug 2002, 19:57
What about Glasgow? - This has been rumoured on and off as well.