PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 limitations on job prospects

zarabutt33
4th Feb 2022, 13:35
I have received my class 1 medical back and have a NCAT and OML stating “shall not act as flight crew of aircraft for purposes of commercial air transport” and it says this limitation could remain for 5 to 10 years after I have my last migraine and can be reassessed after completion of training how does this impact my chances of getting employed. Thanks

sekmeth
5th Feb 2022, 13:11
I don’t get it. Your question is if “shall not act as flight crew of aircraft for purposes of commercial air transport” will make it difficult to act as a flight crew of aircraft for the purpose of commercial air transport…?

rudestuff
5th Feb 2022, 13:27
I have received my class 1 medical back and have a NCAT and OML stating “shall not act as flight crew of aircraft for purposes of commercial air transport” and it says this limitation could remain for 5 to 10 years after I have my last migraine and can be reassessed after completion of training how does this impact my chances of getting employed. Thanks
I'd say it SEVERELY impacts your chances of getting a job, since most pilot jobs are in airlines. You'd be limited to non-CAT operations and flight instruction.

ShyTorque
5th Feb 2022, 13:45
Or aerial work...

Fostex
5th Feb 2022, 14:40
Most of which is single pilot commercial, which you can't do with an OML.

You can however instruction to PPL level on a Class 2 which I assume is un-restricted.

rudestuff
5th Feb 2022, 16:32
OML NCAT is a class one in name but nothing else. OML means multi crew only, and 99.9% of multi crew is CAT.