PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 84.0.2 bookmarks quirks

rans6andrew
22nd Nov 2021, 19:45
two issues with the bookmarking on this version of Firefox, I believe this is the latest for Linux Mint 18.3 ........

when you bookmark a web URL it doesn't ask where you want to save the bookmark to. It seems to put it straight into the last folder of bookmarks created. This is different to previous versions of FF which offered a choice of all of the folders in ones library.

when you try to organise the bookmarks the editor won't let you have any bookmarks or folders in the top level. All of your bookmarks and/or folders have to be placed in a top level folder called other bookmarks meaning that every one you want to recall is a click and select option further down the tree. Previous versions have allowed me to have most used bookmarks and all of my folders in the top level.

Is this the way it is or am I missing something in the preferences?

Thanks,

Rans6............

Prop swinger
22nd Nov 2021, 20:03
Windows 10, not Linux, but clicking on the blue star when on a bookmarked page opens an edit bookmark menu; clicking the "show editor when saving" checkbox will show that editor every time you bookmark something new, giving you the chance to select which folder you want to put it in. Personally, I find it easier to drag the tab & drop it wherever I want it.

I have no problem adding bookmarks to the toolbar or main bookmark menu.

rans6andrew
22nd Nov 2021, 20:30
Thanks Prop Swinger, well spotted, fancy thinking that trying to save a bookmark that is already saved would offer a different menu........

Anyway, that has fixed my first issue.

Rans6....................