PDA

View Full Version : The effects of COVID-19 on pilot absenteeism

BTAP
20th May 2021, 16:14
Hi everyone, I'm trying to investigate whether pilots are as comfortable going sick or fatigued in future if airlines use absence to pick redundancies or punishment. Realise it's not a huge issue everywhere but all data is good. Would really appreciate your time - it takes a few minutes, is completely anonymous and it’s in all of our interest.

https://cityunilondon.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4Yi3R6nrTLKS0ux

Thanks in advance!

ShyTorque
21st May 2021, 09:15
Not sure if this is relevant to your study, but having already cancelled two Covid second vaccination appointments to avoid short notice working days at the behest of the company I was then told to cancel the third one because they wanted me to fly the day after. I ‘had words’ because I felt that my personal health was being put at risk to suit them. I was then accused of refusing to fly! I certainly wasn’t and put them straight in writing.

I eventually managed to get the vaccination done just inside the recommended three month period.

BTAP
21st May 2021, 20:06
Not sure if this is relevant to your study, but having already cancelled two Covid second vaccination appointments to avoid short notice working days at the behest of the company I was then told to cancel the third one because they wanted me to fly the day after. I ‘had words’ because I felt that my personal health was being put at risk to suit them. I was then accused of refusing to fly! I certainly wasn’t and put them straight in writing.

I eventually managed to get the vaccination done just inside the recommended three month period.

Thanks ShyTorque - if I find a way to slip it in, I'll need you to sign a consent form. To avoid wasting your time, do you mind if I PM over the next couple of months if it works out?