PDA

View Full Version : Self Sponsored Integrated With a PPL

Max Drift
19th Jun 2001, 20:02
Has anybody out there done a Self Sponsored Integrated course but started it with a PPL? If we work from the figure of £50k, how much did having the PPL save you (in monetary terms) on the full price of the ab-initio Integrated course?

Capt Wannabe
19th Jun 2001, 21:19
I'm nearing the end of an integrated course that I started with a PPL. At the start of the course the CFI has to issue you with a letter outlining the maximum amount of credit you can be given for previous training.
If I pass everything first time and need no extra training then I personally will save around 15-20 hours. BUT I would say that you should not count on this as integrated courses contain just about the bare minimum of hours for license issue, and it is crucial that these hours are made up correctly. ie so many PIC, SPIC, Dual, Inst etc. etc.
It also seems to be true that having a PPL is not always an advantage when starting an integrated course. It can be very difficult to un-learn bad habits, or methods that are not standard.
The way I am looking, if I save anything then it is a bonus and will go towards a car when I finish!

------------------
CW
The original not the imposter!

Max Drift
19th Jun 2001, 21:27
CW,

Thanks a lot for that. Very useful stuff.

MD

Mustbee
20th Jun 2001, 14:29
Max Drift

Thinking about the same sort of thing. Any ideas where you might do your PPL?

Mustbee