PDA

View Full Version : Airline hiring in Europe for expats.

2EggOmelette
24th Mar 2016, 15:13
Hello Ladies and Gents,
A quick question, and if has been answered elsewhere, just point me in the right direction.
A New Zealander is thinking of the future and requires work in Europe. 2400 hours, 700 odd single turbine. MEIFR etc and has the prerequisite EASA conversion complete (ATPL exams and flight tests - not the ATPL flight test though). Also has the right to live and work in France.
What chance would they have of attaining employment, and if so, with who?

whitemonk
24th Mar 2016, 17:19
It will ultimately depend on whether your right to work in France allows you to work elsewhere in the EU? I would clarify this before making any major plans. If you are confined to France initially I would say your chances are so narrow as to be non existent, if you can apply EU-wide then you stand as good a chance as anyone else.

CaptainProp
25th Mar 2016, 04:27
I presume that if you've got the right to work in one EU country, France in your case, you've got the right to work in any EU country. With your experience I think you should have a fairly good chance to land a job in Europe at the moment as a lot of companies are recruiting.

Good luck.

CP

Phileas Fogg
25th Mar 2016, 10:27
In my previous recruitment background I/we would receive umpteen applications for jobs that required "EU rights" from applicants who might have grandfather rights, often upon a lengthy application process, in one or another EU country.

That is not "EU rights" and in this scenario France is a heavily unionised country being expected to accept a non EU national in to their fold ... I would suggest that out of the two Armageddon would occur first!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.