PDA

View Full Version : Transit Cutting Costs After Weak Quarter ($64M Loss)

a330pilotcanada
13th Mar 2015, 21:44
Good Afternoon All:

As we dig our way out of another frigid winter in the land of "God's Frozen Chosen" comes some rather disappointing first quarter results for Air Transat.

Besides the competition for cheaper holidays by Sunwing and Rouge exchange rates have probably had a sizable impact as well. For the uninitiated fuel prices are expressed in U.S. dollars with almost a 27% exchange rate.

For the full report please use the link below.

http://theairlinewebsite.com/topic/406205-transit-cutting-costs-after-weak-quarter-64m-loss/

clunckdriver
14th Mar 2015, 12:07
Its Transat, not Transit, however Transit may be a more acurate name if they keep this kind of bottom line for more than one quarter! Lisa Rait must be proud of her off- shore hired help and what it has done for Canadian pilot jobs!

20driver
14th Mar 2015, 13:46
of- shore, that is a new one to me. Anything to do with kettle, pot and black?

clunckdriver
14th Mar 2015, 16:39
20 driver, no, absolutely no conection, I own our aircraft and all our staff are at least landed imigrants, most are Canadian citizens, unlike at least one of the "low cost, AKA" low pay" operators."

grizzled
15th Mar 2015, 18:25
Clunckdriver..

With respect, you missed his point re "of-shore". It was in reference to you correcting the OP re "Transat", then making you own spelling mistake re "of-shore (v/s "off shore").

Cheers

clunckdriver
15th Mar 2015, 20:52
Such advanced humour is way above me Im afraid, not helped by reading Lisa Raits latest outburst about why we need to import pilots to Canada,

J.O.
15th Mar 2015, 21:12
I haven't seen it. Do you have a link to what was said?

clunckdriver
16th Mar 2015, 21:15
JO Check your PMs.