PDA

View Full Version : Desk top icons Question 2.

BRL
1st Jun 2002, 18:22
Is there anyway of making them transparent?. I have the background blue at the moment but i want them to blend in with the picture i have on my desktop. The best way of this would be for them to be see-through. Anyone know how its done?:confused:

InFinRetirement
1st Jun 2002, 21:40
Check your e-mail BRL, I have sent you a small prog which does just what you want.

Good to see you today ;)

idgas
1st Jun 2002, 23:27
InFinR

Any chance you could make this available to the rest of us? Sounds good.

Cheers, :cool:

Mac the Knife
2nd Jun 2002, 09:35
Presume you mean the icon text. Use Jay Guerette's Transparent 4.2 [Transparent42.zip (55Kb)] from www.pobox.com/~jayguerette/transparent or a slew of places on the Net (Googlesearch for Transparent Guerette]. Small, free, neat, works perfectly & no hassles. Lives in your Startup folder.

Probably what InFinRetirement means.

Avoid Disappear98 which is a $12.50 shareware piece of bloat.

Someone has even written a pretty (but completely unecessary) GUI front end for Transparent - if you like thats sort of thing get it at http://www.geocities.com/mangokun/transparentgui/transparentgui.htm

BRL
2nd Jun 2002, 19:38
Thanks IFR, that was exactly what i wanted. Bet you it was good seeing me yesterday taking all my money off me.!!!!!!!! :D

InFinRetirement
2nd Jun 2002, 19:54
U R most welcome.

What do you mean - all! I left you will enough to get at least ONE cup of tea. Even that's bad for you!

Good day wasn't it.

If someone does want that little prog send me an e-mail but please don't swamp me.