PDA

View Full Version : C Series fly by wire

FLX/MCT
16th Nov 2012, 14:41
Hi,

I recently watched a short video of a presentation of the C series' cockpit. I noticed that the side stick was equipped with trim switches.
So I wonder with which kind of fly by wire system, especially regarding control laws, this aircraft will be equipped. Does Bombardier follow the Airbus or Boeing approach? Are the sticks connected? Unfortunately I have not found any useful information yet. I only was able to find out that the autothrottle is backdriven...
Could anybody of you shed some light on this topic?

pensador
16th Nov 2012, 17:04
can you give the video to watch?

FE Hoppy
16th Nov 2012, 17:11
Boeing (Embraer) ish downstream of the side-stick. The side-stick isn't the same as AB.

FLX/MCT
16th Nov 2012, 20:55
pensador, C Series flight deckHere you are.
Bombardier's (http://www.flycseries.com/deck.asp) site looks also quite impressive, although I am missing some more deeper insight...

Calmcavok
16th Nov 2012, 21:24
I had Ed Long show me around the flight deck at Farnborough this year. It really does seem to be an exceptionally intuitive user-friendly bit of kit.

FLX/MCT
16th Nov 2012, 21:47
You're right, it was not mentioned explicitly. But in my opinion, the caption "NU" and "ND" of the double switches tells the story.

Calmcavok
17th Nov 2012, 04:19
They are definately trim switches!

josmison
17th Nov 2012, 08:05
Watching this video i could not help feeling that
This technology advances are dumbing down more and more our profession
thus pushing us pilots little by little out of the cockpit !!!

Rick777
18th Nov 2012, 06:53
The B777 inspite of its big yoke is fly by wire and has trim switches. They are only used for speed changes.

bubble.head
19th Nov 2012, 06:15
Bombardier CSeries cockpit unveiled at Dubai Air Show 2011 #DXB11 - YouTube

This has a pretty good explanation of the cockpit. Can anyone tell me what is "trim to speed"?