PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Domestic - Wannabes & Recruitment II

TightSlot
6th Feb 2012, 17:07
Continue Here

chicka
10th Feb 2012, 04:10
QFlink-Cabincrew - I was at the Sydney one in December and I have had references checked, medical and security done and was told that I would be on the ground school starting on the 20th Feb, but I am still waiting on them to confirm that, given that its only a week away I am getting kind of nervous. I know they are running quite a few ground schools so fingers crossed you hear something soon. :)

chicka
16th Feb 2012, 00:43
woohoo training date confirmed start this monday the 20th for Qantaslink very exciting

marly
16th Feb 2012, 02:56
Chicka

Let me know how you go, I am going to the AD for QFlink for Perth base on 8th March. If you get a chance let me know how you are going in GS it all sounds so exciting.
Plus also waiting to hear back from MAM for QF domestic. :D

chicka
16th Feb 2012, 06:29
Hi Marley, :-) I totally will let you know how it goes. I am Syd base and I am training with perth based crew. I wish you all the best with you A/D :-)

Tainlovestofly
20th Feb 2012, 08:22
So I hear that MAM casuals recruited to work for Qantas are more often than not offered the QD fulltime contract after about a year of being casual...can anyone confirm this as definitely true?

mangowaffles
20th Feb 2012, 09:33
chicka - i was walking into the apt today to study with my friends and noticed a bunch of qantaslink people in the lobby.. must've been you guys =)

congrats and welcome! hope to see you around in the training centre :)

DEANO3271
21st Feb 2012, 21:54
Hi guys.

Iam planning on returning to Melbourne to live in 12 months time,and want to keep my flying career going(currently a cabin manager for easyJet).

How hard is it to get into Qantas domestic in Australia,what is the usual waiting time for hearing about applictions(should I apply prior to leaving the UK).
What's the starting salary?
Any info would be appreciated.

KAAATE
23rd Feb 2012, 12:42
Hi everyone,
I attended the MAM Recruitment Day on the 31/1 and got through to the panel interview. On the 2/2 I received an email saying they were contacting my references. Its now 3 weeks later and my references still haven't been contacted. Just wondering if this is normal or should I be worried?

Thanks, Kate.

marly
25th Feb 2012, 00:13
KAATE
I would not worry to much - they have a huge back log of applications.

So excited got an invite to QFLink AD - will have to choose between regional and domestic?
Fulltime contract with QF or casual contract with MAM and which will be friendlier to my family :)

KAAATE
27th Feb 2012, 11:26
Good news! My references were finally contacted today!
Does anyone know how long after reference checks you are asked for medicals etc.. ?

Kate.

Sydneysider88
27th Feb 2012, 20:17
Kaate, don't hold your breath. Honestly.

I attended an ad in early January. My refs were contacted 2 days after.
No word yet only an email saying they are back logged and to wait. You'll get contact when you get it.

So I'm still waiting so is everyone from my ad.

So consider us backlog and be prepared to wait longer than us.
Don't quit your day job.
I've only known of Perth people going quicker. 2 months of waiting for me.
Sydney is super busy!
Don't stress about it just try forget. The only way :)

marly
28th Feb 2012, 05:16
Confirmation of me going to the AD for QFLink 8th March for Perth Base. Yay so excited.

Also put an application in for Skywest - Perth

Any one been to a QFLink AD would it run on the same lines as of the MAM AD ? Help would be truly appreciated ;)

KAAATE
28th Feb 2012, 11:46
Lol its a little hard to just 'forget' Sydneysider88. I'm just happy to know they haven't forgotten about me. Can't wait to get out of my ****ty job that i have now and start a career and start earning some decent $$.

Did anyone else on here attend the recruitment day/ panel interview in Melbourne on the 31st of Jan?

Caitlin1
3rd Mar 2012, 22:04
I had my panel interview in Brisbane on 9th February and got the email Re- reference checking 1 week later. Mam finally rang me to confirm my references and then rang my two referees on 2nd March. Referees said all went well - long phone conversations with staff from recruiting though - quite thorough. They asked the kind of q's you'd expect; Does she work well in a team, can she anticipate situations of conflict and how does she deal with them, how does she cope with people from various cultures, ages etc, tell us about her job description, why did she leave... nothing unexpected or unusual, just very thorough. Am now waiting with you Kaaate for a medical/security check email. This whole process is making me OCD - I'm constantly running now to the phone, and checking emails... I'm holding out on the hope thought that Mam wouldn't waste all that time on referee checks and then say thanks but no thanks unless the calls to referees didn't go well. I exchanged phone numbers with two other women from my interview day and we are now all at the same stage of recruitment. Waiting, waiting.. Can anyone advise on what immunisations they want proof of. From what I can gather from other threads - MMR, Hep. strains, Aids, an OPG, anything else?

chicka
3rd Mar 2012, 22:27
Hey Marly the Qlink day runs pretty much like the MAM one The recruitment team for Qlink are awesome as are all the staff that work over there, I am currently training with 2 girls for the perth base and they are so lovely, and I hear the perth base is fantastic.

Training is going well we are about to start week 3 of ground school, its been a pretty hectic schedule but has been great and everyone in the ground school is so lovely just can't wait to get online and flying again :-)

marly
4th Mar 2012, 01:52
Chicka

Hay thanks for that info - I have to interviews next week the QFlink one on the 8th and 7th for Cobham for the QFlink B717 crew.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying ground school, I hope to be there soon - with which ever airline hires me.

KAAATE
5th Mar 2012, 22:46
So i finally got the email for my medical and security check! If i pass these is it straight into training or is there another process before that?
Is the medical hard? and how much does it cost?

Kate. :)

cabin-gal
6th Mar 2012, 10:33
Hi Marly,
I also recently applied forQF B717 Crew positions through Cobham,but havnt heard from them yet, u having interview in Darwin or ???

good luck!!!

marly
6th Mar 2012, 23:01
I am going for Perth base- took nearly 2 weeks after the applications closed that I heard from them. I have my interview today - no AD just panel interviews - nervous but also excited.

cabin-gal
7th Mar 2012, 05:01
Marly,
wish u all da very best and get the job soon!!!
plz update us with interview proccess!!!!!
thx heaps, tc!!

marly
7th Mar 2012, 05:23
Really good interview, one person asking all the questions and two others that where scribbing.
They like it get there on time or even early, have everything ready and dress the part. Pay and conditions sound good 125hrs/month and bonded with them for two years.

Tainlovestofly
8th Mar 2012, 14:03
Cobham is recruiting constantly, do not worry. It will be ground school after ground school for monthhhhhhsssss. But they are taking internal transfers first before they call up someone off the street who has just applied. This would be why internal transfers or people with previous aviation experience are getting called for interview the day after they apply and everyone else is waiting a few weeks. They have lots of people to get through and see but there have also been some no shows. Don't lose hope. They will be doing a lot of AD's too. It's just at the moment they are in a hurry so people are going straight to interview rather than going through the whole rigmarole of an AD.

If 4 crew comes back for the 717s, and I'm told it will by July, they need at least 70 new crew. That is a lot.

Like has been said - arrive early, be eager, be polite, shake hands, be genuinely interested, present your paperwork formally, not just in some ****ty plastic sleeve, dress well, come prepared with lots of stories about your previous aviation/hospitality experience to tell, don't walk in thinking you've already got the job (or walk in with a typed list of 35 questions about the contract on offer like one candidate did) and do emphasise the importance of being a team player.

marly
13th Mar 2012, 06:32
Got the official thank you but no thank you for QFLink - perth today oh well

Still waiting to here yes or no about the Cobham B717 crew for Perth. I have my fingers crossed. :)

newbalance
17th Mar 2012, 05:16
Does anyone know what benefits the Perth Base QantasLink 717 crew get? Whats the salary? Where are you expected to fly to most often? Are there overnights? Would like some ideas as I'm starting soon.

marly
17th Mar 2012, 14:07
Have you had a phone call for the golden call. I know that they have overnights in broome. I am waiting to hear back from cobham to find out if successfull or not. I have my fingers crossed that given the chance to fly.

leanne82
17th Mar 2012, 18:29
Hi,:confused: just wondered if anyone knew how strict Qantas are on height, I really want to apply but am slightly too short. Any advice, is it worth trying?
Thanks in advance:ok:

newbalance
18th Mar 2012, 00:51
So who is going to be in Perth towards the end of April for 717 training?

marly
18th Mar 2012, 02:58
@ newbalance hopefully I will be just waiting to hear back I think they may. E having trouble contacting my references. It will be two weeks on Wednesday that had my interview. I have my fingers and toes crossed, waiting for the golden call.

newbalance
18th Mar 2012, 04:05
That sounds cool I reackon youll be just fine. I can't wait to start training and getting stuck into it :-) What an adventure.

Tainlovestofly
18th Mar 2012, 14:39
The Perth 717 crew don't overnight in Broome. Kalgoorlie and Cairns overnights only, and very occasionally Darwin.

Day trips will consist mostly of Newmans and Paraburdoos. Also on the list are a PER-KGI-ADL-KGI-PER double, Port Hedland, Broome and Karratha.

As for benefits, after six months probation crew are entitled to ID travel, albiet with several restrictions, but it's still better than nothing at all!

newbalance
21st Mar 2012, 06:14
That sounds cool. I dont really want to be doing overnights so much these days now that I'm no longer single haha being at home is more like me these days.

What is the travel benefit structure? is is just ID90 so discounted economy travel within the Qantas group? With no online staff login? All gained after 6 months within the company?

What are some of the minimum rest times? or longest Sector patterns?

marly
21st Mar 2012, 07:49
I got my golden call, I will be there at ground school end April 23 i think she said, was so excited when they rang. I can't believe it.

newbalance
21st Mar 2012, 14:12
well done! so where are you moving in from?

marly
22nd Mar 2012, 00:07
I live in perth - only 25 minutes from the airport. It has not sunk in yet and next week have to hand in my notice to work. Got my medicals today. Rang them yesterday arvo and was lucky to get one this morning, so which will be good speed up getting the other forms from them.

KAAATE
22nd Mar 2012, 09:45
Got my call today! Starting ground school on April 11th :}:}:}

newbalance
2nd Apr 2012, 15:28
I'll be training with you and looking foward to it.

KAAATE
3rd Apr 2012, 18:01
Scratch that, I'm now starting on May 2nd in Sydney! Anyone else?

CassieFlyGirl87
4th Apr 2012, 03:42
Yes KAAATE same here, through MAM.

FutureQFA
4th Apr 2012, 11:32
KAAATE same here :)

KAAATE
20th Apr 2012, 07:51
See you both there! :)
Is anyone flying from Melbourne to Sydney on May 1st for GS on the 2nd? Apparently theres 8 of us from Melbourne.

flyboi80
18th May 2012, 11:16
Thinking of applying for QFlink sydney base. Says first year of pay is 36000 plus allowances. Anyone know what you get a month normally and what overnights SYD base does. Cheers

CC Domestic
18th Jul 2012, 02:20
Not sure what overnights they do but a mate of mine works for Eastern which is Qantaslink in Sydney and for their first year pay annual salary is $36,965 and with their new EBA there is an increase to first year pay in September 2012 which will then mean $38,074. Hope that helps and good luck!

bjork
12th Aug 2012, 14:38
Hey KAATE or anyone else that got into MAM. Just wondering if you had previous experience. I went through the whole process with QD, but then ADL base took traininng schools off the table. I got a text message a few months later advising MAM was recruiting. I applied, then was advised that because i was already through the whole process with QD that i didnt have to do the assesment. I was forwarded to do medical, but then even before i got the chance to go to the medical i was advised i was unsuccessful ??

newsgirl
17th Oct 2012, 00:43
Hey,

Does anyone know if Qantas is recruiting anytime soon?

Thanks

Firecat
27th Oct 2012, 03:03
Airlines recruit under three basic circumstances:
1.Adding to the fleet
2.Network growth
3.Higher than normal attrition.
At present QF mainline is retiring aircraft and has delayed the delivery of A380s.The AKL base is being closed and those CC who are of a mind can transfer to the A380 or the LHR base.There are also rumours circulating that the LHR base may close and a DXB base open.It is at this stage unlikely that QF mainline will be recruiting in the near term.Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade but trying to provide relevant information.Virgin is looking at growth.It maybe a good idea to register an EOI with them

icklepickle
12th Jan 2013, 13:05
Hi guys,

Does any1 know if there are any recruitment days coming up for 2013?

Jecui
13th Jan 2013, 13:04
With the extensive MAM (short haul) recruitment last year and the current recruitment of internal transfers from short haul to the 380, I doubt there'll be more recruitment anytime soon.

browni 44
17th Jan 2013, 09:43
Word around Perth base is there will be recruitment for Perth soon. :)

A_B_P
1st Feb 2013, 00:59
For those interested in long haul:

QF CABIN CREW AUSTRALIA IS RECRUITING ARABIC SPEAKERS With our A380 services to Dubai just around the corner, we’re recruiting Flight Attendants with Arabic language skills. Opportunities will shortly go live on Qantas Careers and advertisements will begin to appear in recruitment channels. If you have any friends or family who you believe would make great Flight Attendants and have Arabic language skills, please encourage them to apply by visiting the Qantas Careers website at www.careers.qantas.com.au (http://www.careers.qantas.com.au).

Anelise
1st Feb 2013, 01:27
I just looked at this, and it is advertised on seek.com and also the QantasCareers website.

Does anyone know whether they will be recruiting International (or Domestic)flight attendants in any near future? When I logged into my application it now says ‘accepting’ submissionsunder the international link (which previously said inactive). Is there a glimmer of hope they might beconsidering hiring new flight attendant staff?

I wish I spoke Arabic right now..

LinkflyerWA
11th Mar 2013, 04:43
Can anyone detail a typical roster of flying for Qantaslink Cabin Crew Perth Base please?

mema
12th Mar 2013, 07:11
Depends on which Qantaslink you are looking for the Dash 8 or the B717

I work for the B717 and the flying is very family friendly earlist sign on 0415 and latest sign off 2200 but you can swap shifts always people looking. average shift length is 6 hours must hours in a month is 120

LinkflyerWA
15th Mar 2013, 04:38
Thanks Mem
Any overnights? Where?
Home reserve; usually called in? or not frequently.
Do you received discount travel on QF & Qlink flights?
Thank you

mema
15th Mar 2013, 10:22
Overnights in Kalgoorlie on a Saturday
ID travel after 6 months
Home reserves yes can get called out
great bunch of people

lulu7210
20th Mar 2013, 04:04
HI there
What type of benefits do you get with ID travel? Is it just discounted? or is it a jump seat stand by thing? Sorry I'm new to this :)
Thanks

lisajane
14th Apr 2013, 12:02
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for Brisbane Base Cabin Crew through Cobham, i unfortunalty received the unsuccessful email :( very disapointed as i hold all recent relevent qualifications and training with over 17 years in hospitality/tourism industies. I emailed back asking for feedback but have still had no response. does anyone know why my application may of been unsuccessful.. do they for instance look for people with flying experience? i have current first aid, RSA even certificates in customer service. i have also applied for Virgin, Jetstar through altara, MAM...nothing seems to be happening in Brisbane ATM. i am so eager to begin my career as a flight attendant and now is the perfect time for me as my children are at that age where they are more dependant and i can do shift work and work a way. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks everyone and congratulations to all those who are successful in this very competitive career!:rolleyes:

LinkflyerWA
15th Apr 2013, 00:50
Hi Lisajane

To answer your question no they do not require previous flying experience. You have the correct certificates and experience so their decision would be based on your team activities which are continually assessed and assessment of your throughout the whole morning group session. (if your assessment day was structured the same way as mine) In my observations the overly confident and forthright 'leaders' in the groups, to generalise, did not progress to one on one interview stage. I think your maturity is an advantage. I would keep trying if it is what you really want to do. You will get better at the assessment days. Hope this is of assistance/encouragement to you.

lisajane
15th Apr 2013, 01:25
Thank You very much for the reply! i didnt even get invited to the assessment day. :( i will keep trying and trying and have no intentions of giving up! Again, Thank You for your reply and congratulations on getting through! happy and safe flying to all! :ok:

mema
16th Apr 2013, 12:12
Keep trying - Brissy base is expanding all the time. Try making your resume stand out, include key words that are used in the advert. You will get there, I finally got there and I am 38. When you do get there you will never look back.

lisajane
17th Apr 2013, 01:32
Thanks Mema! I am 37 this year...i am hoping my age will go in my favour!

I have just recieved an email from Qantas for qantaslink BNE asking to book a time slot for a phone interview. Yay! i am so excited and could hardly sleep last night!

When i applied for the Qantalink position is was via the Qantas careers page and they are not actually advertising for positions but is more like an ongoing 'expressions of interest'. I am just wondering if they are doing phone interviews are they actually recruiting ATM or is it just an on going process that qantas do to cull the applications? Should i be getting excited and if im successful, will i shortly recieve a invitation to an AD?

Does anyone know the process? Thanks everyone! I love this site keep up the good work admin!

chicka
24th Apr 2013, 03:32
Yes Qantaslink is recruiting at the moment for all bases, there is a ground school planned every six weeks until the end of the year. Best of luck

fearny
23rd Oct 2013, 11:22
Hey everyone! I've just completed the EOI for Qantas International and Qantas Domestic, anyone got any news on what's happening in Melbourne at the moment?