PDA

View Full Version : Flying Pay Insurance

BobbyT
19th Jul 2011, 15:10
Fellow Pruners

My Flying Pay Insurance is about to be renewed. I can’t quote exact figures as the docs are at home, but it’s roughly £33,000 of cover for around £200 per annum.

I used to have £120,000 of cover but the company changed, as did its cover and this was reduced to the current amount above.

Does anyone have any top tips or know of a policy that covers more than £33k?

Much appreciated in advance.

Al R
19th Jul 2011, 18:53
Bobby,

To clarify, is that a one off lump sum amount that is immediately payable when you lose flying pay when you lose your medical cat, or is it payable when you experience illness or injury that has no bearing on your medical cat?

How old are you, are you PA Spine, and are you Rotary or FJ/AT? Feel free to PM me if you like; I am an IFA (ex-RAF) with my own practice who now deals solely with RAF clients and I have just finished developing a bespoke Flying Pay income protection insurance policy specifically for military fliers who lose flying pay for med reasons.

BobbyT
20th Jul 2011, 19:07
AI R, thanks for the reply. Its £236 per year for £32k of cover. It's HISCOX loss of flying pay due to illness or injury. No death cover.

Happy for you to inbox me and let me know what you can offer. My policy is due for renewal in approx 2 weeks.