PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways Trainee First Officer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

aroumika
19th Jan 2012, 04:38
yep you're right, just got off the phone with them, they still don't know when it's going to be but they said only "one week's notice"

amarmusafir
19th Jan 2012, 05:42
Thanks for the update man..
well i understand u spoke with them and they said the notice wud be only a week..

aroumika
19th Jan 2012, 06:07
yes that's correct, i asked them if it would be a "one month notice" and they said "no, not one month, it will only be a one week notice"

ice_veins
21st Jan 2012, 05:20
Private carrier Jet Airways on Friday said it registered a net loss of Rs 101.22 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, in sharp contrast to a net profit of Rs 118.23 crore in the same quarter last fiscal, due to higher ATF costs and rupee depreciation.

“High fuel prices together with the depreciating Indian rupee versus US dollar have pulled down the operating results to an extent. However, yield improvements due to seasonality and the narrowing gap between demand-supply imbalances have helped the airlines to post operating profits,” Jet Airways (India) Ltd CEO Nikos Kardassis said. He said the airline would continue to remain competitive through innovative marketing initiatives, an increase in ancillary revenues, an enduring focus on cost-cutting measures.

Jet Airways Q3 loss at Rs 101.22 crore - Indian Express (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Jet-Airways-Q3-loss-at-Rs-101-22-crore/902205/)

aroumika
22nd Jan 2012, 13:15
looks like they have 10 orders for 330s, i could only dream that the recruitment is for this a/c but may be i'm being a bit too ambitious :E

orders:
jet airways:
330-200: 5; 330-300: 5; 737-800: 27; 777-300ER: 2; 787-8: 10
jetlite:
737-800: 6

source: wikipedia

josh121.5
23rd Jan 2012, 05:11
hey Guys ! could someone shed some light on the process on how i can apply for jet airways ? as in should i wait for the AD to show up in a paper or should i send my RESUME to the HR now ?i noe its a dumb question but desperate times call for desperate measures :8 plz advice..ur help will be very much appreciated ! thnx...

aroumika
23rd Jan 2012, 11:05
@josh121.5
jet already has a backlog of batches in the selection process, so it's unlikely they would have a written exam anytime soon for new batches to come in, however you can wait for the vacancy of "trainee first officer" to show up on their website until such time and apply online, that's the only way jet has accepted applications for this position for over a year

flyjet787
24th Jan 2012, 17:20
Jet Airways, the biggest Indian airline, is looking to rationalize the fleet size to cut costs.

The company told analysts that the airline does not plan to renew leases that expire this year for its aircrafts. The company is also not taking any fresh aircraft delivery this year.
The company management also said that it may limit its fleet expansion this year to about 5 per cent.

Jet Airways has converted wide body Boeing 777s into Boeing 737s aircrafts. When contacted, Jet Airways spokesperson said that the B777-300ER aircraft orders have been converted to 7 B737-800 aircraft for delivery over two years to 2017.

Jet Airways has total 29 aircrafts on order with an option to add five more that scheduled to be delivered from June 2013. These aircraft orders also include 10 Boeing 787s.

The company currently has a fleet of 100 aircrafts, where 60 aircrafts are on lease.
Jet Airways rejigs fleet to cut costs

Jet Airways rejigs fleet to cut costs (http://profit.ndtv.com/News/Article/jet-airways-rejigs-fleet-to-cut-costs-296526)

windcutter
25th Jan 2012, 12:12
@auromika,
if thats gonna happen...well at least few people can raise their hopes :) might have a future wit jet now

windcutter
25th Jan 2012, 12:15
@josh121.5
jet already has a backlog of batches in the selection process, so it's unlikely they would have a written exam anytime soon for new batches to come in, however you can wait for the vacancy of "trainee first officer" to show up on their website until such time and apply online, that's the only way jet has accepted applications for this position for over a year

i know recruitments come through a hard way now a days...but is there anybody else is in the run for it? like heard of indigo etc?

aroumika
25th Jan 2012, 12:52
@windcutter
yes, only indigo and spice seem to be hiring at the moment - indigo has exams every other month and spice has an exam on the 31st of this month

aroumika
30th Jan 2012, 13:04
this thread is really quiet, sometimes i feel i'm the only one on here :*

any idea about the interview results of the type rated guys held last week, are they out yet? anyone here who knows any of these guys who went through the interview, so we can get an idea of what kind of questions were asked? (except for the "type" questions ofcourse)

amarmusafir
31st Jan 2012, 04:34
hey man appreciate your contribution to the the thread,
I will try to find out n post.

ITAviator
31st Jan 2012, 05:35
Hey all..

The new rumor is that Jet Lite held a written test sometime in Nov/Dev '11 and is holding another one in March '12. Could anyone verify this?
If this is true, then also this should be true that only a "chosen" few are being called for the test..

ice_veins
31st Jan 2012, 17:41
These tests were held for type rated people

aroumika
18th Feb 2012, 07:05
someone else just called them up recently to find out, only to receive the same response "we still don't know when it's going to be"

on second thoughts, i'm not sure they would tell us even if they knew, because that way only that the individual that called up would know and the rest of the candidates would still be in the dark, and that would be unfair advantage to that person. in my mind, they want to give us all the same amount of preparation time (i.e. including just one week's notice) without telling any one person when it's going to be, hence being fair to all of us

i still stick to my earlier statement that it might be around late april. don't ask me how i know, it's just my gut feeling

btw does anyone here know anything about the interview results of the type-rated guys that took place last month? it's been almost 3 weeks since, surely the results should have been out by now

vt-abc
18th Feb 2012, 08:25
i agree with you why they don't wanna tell. i think the earlier we all know the better it will be for everyone to prepare.

does any one know how many have cleared gd & are awaiting call for the next stage ?

delhi boy
19th Feb 2012, 02:41
Jet will call for interview within 2months tat might be anytime from now till april end.Yes jetlite conducted type rated exam but 7-8 guys selected and max were having hours on type.Not that much requirement in jetlite,and they might take guys from jet as they did earlier.So all type rated guys dont realy on jetlite much.Latest news is there are 30-40 internal jet candidates with cpl whom they are planning to hire in next 2months.

tay_uh
19th Feb 2012, 03:39
It nice hear some positive news for a changed..
What positions do these 30-40 cpl hold in Jet Airways.. are they in ops like u..

HAWK21M
19th Feb 2012, 07:35
Is it trye that 9W is getting rid of their B777 fleet & only focussing on B737/A330.If so what will be their manpower demand in lieu of this.

delhi boy
21st Feb 2012, 06:00
These guys are in different departments all over india.Max are cabin crew waiting for long time to be inducted.But not sure how many of these guys would get inducted.

ice_veins
27th Feb 2012, 09:19
Its the first anniversary of the Jet Airways written test

delhi boy
29th Feb 2012, 02:54
I agree let me know wat to do.I am up for it

cvchetan
29th Feb 2012, 10:43
cleaned up

cvchetan
29th Feb 2012, 10:56
CLEANED UP

Spitfire88
29th Feb 2012, 10:58
you'l should make a diff thread for this...

ice_veins
7th Mar 2012, 06:58
Keep waiting buddy. They have no plans right now

P51-Mustang
10th Mar 2012, 06:32
Any information on the number of candidates who are up for the interview and the number of vacancies?

SCPL
14th Mar 2012, 14:39
any one conned for a jet airways job offer for 10 lacs?
my friend has been conned. Plz beware.
I am finding ppl who have been conned like this for jet airways job offer to make the case stronger.

DeanWinchester
14th Mar 2012, 17:49
@SCPL

Dude! If you highlight the whole modus operandi of the said ConArtist, then that would help a lot to avoid such scams!

Therefore i'd request you to elaborate how the hell did this friend of yours end up getting duped for 10 Freakin Lakhs!

Sky Dancer
14th Mar 2012, 18:09
Well boys , consider yourself lucky if you have a job or have got a job in Jet.In the next one year , you will see Jet crawling on it's knees.For all those of you living in the fantasy world of Jet Airways , being a major global player , sorry to break your bubble.The international sectors are going to hit Jet very hard in the next one year and you will soon see some withdrawal on certain sectors.You will also see a fleet reduction and as a result layoffs.For the first time in Indian aviation.Hope the brothers at SWIP are watching this.Thought I'd give you a heads up.And no I'm not management , call me the soothsayer of the industry.My past threads willl prove my point.:ok:

Spitfire88
15th Mar 2012, 05:07
^ There have been lay offs before ...

tolip111111
19th Mar 2012, 09:17
can anyone confirm if recently (last week) there was an exam conducted by jet airways for trainee first officers?

aakashseth63
19th Mar 2012, 09:33
rumour floating around about the interview dates.....heard it's in 1st week of april ..... anyone confirming it ???? :E

sky_thebeginning
19th Mar 2012, 14:51
Hey....whts ur source of this info???

aakashseth63
19th Mar 2012, 18:14
again ..not very reliable one ...that's why i asked to confirm it ..... the guy is in the management...

Mach11
26th Mar 2012, 06:30
Heard Jet Airways conducting written for ATR Tr candidates on 31 march ....
Is it true??

robin.pereira
26th Mar 2012, 06:42
mach11, why bother?

you already cleared the SpiceJet interview and got the offer last week, didn't you?

Mach11
26th Mar 2012, 07:54
@robin.pereira
Yes I have cleared Spicejet interview.
I was just informing other people on this thread about what I had heard but I wasn't sure about it ...Is there any harm in doing this?

Pilotofthehour
27th Mar 2012, 09:12
:zzz: Recently hired 40 People from the type rated lot .. I am sorry but we should quit waiting for dates now..

JAY SHAH
27th Mar 2012, 16:33
I dont understand why they dont ask the people who have cleared the GD to get type ratings and come instead of conducting exams for the new lot.. Its been 7 months since I gave my GD, I would've gotten 5-6 type ratings by now. :rolleyes:

aroumika
27th Mar 2012, 23:37
@jay_shah
you hit the nail on the head my friend, that's exactly what i can't figure out as well :ugh: i guess there's no such thing as "standing in a line" or "waiting in a queue" for these people, it's more of a "random come random served" basis

very unfair to see candidates who didn't stand any chance with jet all this time, just go past us while we've been waiting for what is now starting to seem like "donkey's years"!

smurf84
28th Mar 2012, 05:41
If you have read the last page of the SpiceJet thread, someone has written that only 17 pilots were picked (out of 380 who sat for the exam).

Did you just say 'genuine process'? Make no mistake, my friend. We're talking about SpiceJet.

P51-Mustang
28th Mar 2012, 05:47
On what basis were these 380 candidates selected to write the exam, cause I know I had emailed my CV more than once. Never got any reply. Anyone know what was the criteria?

smurf84
28th Mar 2012, 06:05
For appropriate reasons, let us move this discussion to the SpiceJet Recruitment Thread.

aroumika
2nd Apr 2012, 20:38
does anyone on this forum have a proper and clear idea of what's happening with the type-rated process? if yes, then please come forward and share all the details please! i keep hearing very contradictory reports all the time :bored: if waiting for close to 8 months isn't frustrating enough, then being unaware, in the dark, and not knowing where we stand as of now seems even more frustrating :ugh: so anyone, details please?

P.S. - i've heard there's some 150 odd type-rated guys in the loop, unfortunately i don't know any of them personally to find out for myself, but someone on this forum must know some of them to be able to provide credible details, thanks :)

details required: 1) i want to know numbers, how many applied initially? how many cleared each stage? what are the number of stages and what are they? how many got through eventually? etc. 2) i want to know dates, when was each stage conducted and when is it expected to end?

no guesses and speculation please, only creditable information which is 200% true

dgtl887
3rd Apr 2012, 12:03
details required: 1) i want to know numbers, how many applied initially? how many cleared each stage? what are the number of stages and what are they? how many got through eventually? etc. 2) i want to know dates, when was each stage conducted and when is it expected to end?

no guesses and speculation please, only creditable information which is 200% true

Of course, your highness. Is there anything other information you demand ?:ugh:

aroumika
3rd Apr 2012, 12:42
@dgtl887
^sarcasm coming from someone i haven't even noticed in the thread before! :hmm: absolutely nothing wrong in asking (or even demanding) and finding out, i like to know where i stand, and i'm sure the other guys who have been waiting for more than a year would like to find out too, so i don't see why you would have a problem with that :suspect:

blackbirdsr72
3rd Apr 2012, 14:34
hi bros & sis

absolutely you are right aroumika.............. if some one needs any info those who know please post it. those who dont want it ignore it.... why this sarcasm.....?
otherwise whats the use of this forum...........???

aroumika
3rd Apr 2012, 15:31
@blackbirdsr72
thanks for your support, but cancel out the 'sis' part, there's all guys on this forum including me :)
back to the main topic, details about the type-rating process please, no one has come out with anything yet

sai prasad
6th Apr 2012, 09:25
hiii guys any news abt when jet airways will call trainee first officers for written exam...

sky_thebeginning
12th Apr 2012, 06:36
Hey
does anybody have any info about this recruitment then please shed some light on the same...
This is getting frustrating day by day....:ugh:

cyrilroy21
12th Apr 2012, 16:55
India's largest carrier by market share, Jet Airways is looking at expanding its international operations in a big way. The airline wants to start flying on the Manila & Kuala Lumpur routes a part form increasing flights to Europe & Gulf countries according to two sources familiar with the details.

In line with this strategy, the airline is also on a pilot hiring spree. The airline has hired nearly 20 pilots in the last few weeks and is still in the process of hiring more. It will also be aircraft fleet once these approvals come through.

'The airline will induct 10 to 12 aircraft once the ministry gives them approvals' said a source who did not want to be named.

International operations contribute nearly 60% to Jet Airways' revenues. With the civil aviation ministry ending Air India's monopoly over bilateral traffic rights, allowing all Indian carriers to utilize these, Jet Airways has also sought government permission to expand its international services to 518 flights per week from 370 at present by winter of 2012.

'Jet Airways continually assesses and employs sufficient number of cockpit crew to enable optimal utilization of its fleet' Jet Airway's spokesperson told ET NOW in an email response.

Jet Airways eyes more internatioanl routes; expediates hiring of pilots - The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/jet-airways-eyes-more-internatioanl-routes-expediates-hiring-of-pilots/articleshow/12637770.cms)

cyrilroy21
12th Apr 2012, 17:01
Couple more article of interest

Jet to expand overseas operations

Jet Airways plans more overseas flights by December 2012 - The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/jet-airways-plans-more-overseas-flights-by-december-2012/articleshow/12554033.cms?intenttarget=no)

Possible new hub in Munich . Applied for operating 35 flights a week to Munich from India .

Jet Airways plans to land its global operations in Munich - The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/jet-airways-plans-to-land-its-global-operations-in-munich/articleshow/12631721.cms)

go_yell
13th Apr 2012, 08:33
Looks like am super late for the party!
better late than never!
I keep hearing next month, next three months, etc. Its like tomorrow never comes! :mad:
Am one of those hanging in the middle of nowhere!

blackbirdsr72
13th Apr 2012, 10:40
You seems so frustrated.No wonder A person sitting ideally after 5 years completing his CPL is ridiculous. But Dear think of those who has completed their CPL 10-12 years ago and still working in small professions/jobs........?? Life will go on buddy and should go on....!!! your oppurtunity will come. Dont get so disappointed. := .
If you cant get into the cockpit do something else in Aviation.

Regards

blackhawk777
13th Apr 2012, 13:46
Its been a while since i've posted on this forum, Just couldn't stop myself this time.

Considering the language and English used, No doubt why Mr. Betterthandbest is home without a job.

Am sure...... he never will get one. His life will go by making tie ups, looking for middle men, spotting and banging chicks (shame on you.... u're bloody disgrace) rather than spending a minute studying for the exams !!!

Clear Skies to all !!!!

( Mr. Best...... am sorry for you.... because it's not gonna make any difference to you)

bad_attitude
13th Apr 2012, 14:07
mr. best, what a sad post. would be the best for you to delete it.

betterthandbest
14th Apr 2012, 07:36
@backhwk . lemme point somethin out about you, you think your very proficient in every thing you know right and leme guess people come to you for advices? i feel sry for them, buddy.matter of the fact is you should stop being an uncle scout. :=

"Considering the language and English used, No doubt why Mr. Betterthandbest is home without a job"

r u kiddin me???? i didnt know that bein non abusive could get you a job?wow. if that were so my friend i would have gotten a command before you ever started flying.

@bad attidue , i think your username pretty much says what you dont.

betterthandbest
14th Apr 2012, 07:49
@ blackbirds you are most kind.

livetokill22
23rd Apr 2012, 09:32
Hey what happened after the last jet TR exam?
I heard some were called for GD, did they progress further?

aroumika
23rd Apr 2012, 13:21
@livetokill22
last i heard was that the interview rounds were held on 7th and 9th april, the results were announced on the same day itself, and now the process for the TR guys has finally concluded with about 20-30 getting selected

JAY SHAH
23rd Apr 2012, 13:40
So finally is it our turn now or still time??

aroumika
23rd Apr 2012, 14:21
@jay_shah
yes finally it's our turn now but it's tough to say exactly 'when'

P51-Mustang
23rd Apr 2012, 14:50
One of the GD rounds for the ATR TR guys will be conducted on Wednesday. So I guess still time for them to conclude their search for TR guys. Our turn, may be in 6-8 weeks.. The TR info is concrete, our turn info is an educated guess.

livetokill22
24th Apr 2012, 11:43
I've heard that one batch of 737 TR guys are left with GD???

Freebird88
24th Apr 2012, 19:41
Hi,
i am new to the airline application process...
does anyone know how the process of recruitment work?? once your application has been submitted....do you get informed via email on the next recruitment by the airline...or only when your number is up???

Thanks..

go_yell
27th Apr 2012, 08:40
so they've inducted for ATRs, 737s. That leaves us for the 777s or the dreamliners :p :E

Terror.Bird
27th Apr 2012, 15:55
Now U yelling :rolleyes::)

go_yell
28th Apr 2012, 15:55
A song (http://youtu.be/bldy4PXXTeo) that speaks everything about the situation with jet :{

zaining
2nd May 2012, 06:15
Hey I'm getting news from various sources that our batch FEB(2011) has been scrapped.Can any1 confirm this news

aroumika
2nd May 2012, 12:22
@zaining
and these "various sources" are ....?

zaining
2nd May 2012, 14:36
one of my friends knows a captain who works for jet airways, he called me the other day just to break this out to me and my uncle knows one of the assessors who was there in our Gd , he had the same thing to say.

aroumika
2nd May 2012, 14:58
@zaining
fair enough, but if it was "scrapped", then they would have intimated all of us by e-mail by now don't you think? that's the least they could do

sky_thebeginning
2nd May 2012, 17:12
Guys, dont worry about all this...
With no offense to "zaining", jet always changes its decision every week when it comes to recruitment or training as it happened with jet trainees from aug 2010 batch...
So, dont get yourself stressed until you get anything official info from them...
Cheer up and be optimistic...

Speed bird 100
3rd May 2012, 10:37
Dear all
I havent posted much on this thread but following it religiously from day 1.... few days back i spoke to HR an they advised me that they might come with interview in June - July. This is to inform you guys . If you guys have any other or any contradictictory information ... please share....

Speed bird 100
3rd May 2012, 10:50
Dear All,
I havent posted much on this thread,but following it religiously..... A week back I happened to speak to one of the HR guys and they told me that interview might be in the month of June - July. If you have any conradictory news or info please advise.

aroumika
3rd May 2012, 12:09
@speed bird 100
yes that's correct, me and another friend from the batch spoke to them on the phone and we got the same reply, june/july it is :)

go_yell
3rd May 2012, 14:24
Faith in humanity restored! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

JAY SHAH
3rd May 2012, 16:01
I too called them up a couple of days ago and initially a couple of times she was like "not yet decided ". I kept on asking her repeatedly very politely whether she can give me an estimate, she finally said " I dont know maybe in june or july". So I am guessing it should be on or before August end or September 1st week for sure.

amarmusafir
4th May 2012, 06:41
HI friend I suggest some of us who are in Mumbai visit personally to Jet office and request them for our processing. This will probably get us the real picture.
Let work out some thing.
If you agree to my view pl contact me .

Speed bird 100
7th May 2012, 13:48
Hellos,
Is there anyone else from Chennai from our lot..... who has cleared GD and awaiting interview call... Please advise!!

dhanraj_shinde
17th May 2012, 06:52
@concorde77 I was the student that iam doctor shouted god going for a medical at Ian this may god big pain in the ass everytime they expect me to get.corneal topography and pcyammetry

Speed bird 100
17th May 2012, 15:38
Hey Buddies,
Any updates about the interview,please advise......:confused:

PT6A
18th May 2012, 00:18
Jet are suspending all recruitment. Sorry guys anyone not already online will not be recruited until further notice.

They are going to be reducing their operating capacity, by how much is not yet known.

rushedyou
18th May 2012, 10:18
Why, what's happening with IndiGo? Haven't heard of any fleet downsizing there yet...

PT6A
18th May 2012, 11:15
IndiGo have too many pilots at the moment they have about 850 and pilots are only flying about 55ish hours a month on average.

So don't expect them to take anyone on soon.

Speed bird 100
19th May 2012, 04:05
@PT6A
With Indigo, people who have just came back from Type Rating... will be put on hold,Is that what u mean???What after their LOI gets expired??:confused:
With Jet, Their HR Dept speculated that they will come up with the mgmt interview by July end.What is the standing of such a statement??:sad::confused:

aroumika
19th May 2012, 04:19
@PT6A
from where did you get the information that "jet is suspending all recruitment", when the management has said "june or july" on the phone itself?

Speed bird 100
19th May 2012, 04:52
@PT6A
I would like to agree with Auromika... but ur statements seem to b very confident??What is the source of ur info??:sad:

PEC
19th May 2012, 06:32
Its sad to note that a few fellow ppruners here behave as though Jet owes them a job. Not to mention, a telephonic conversation with that phony HR dept. is very well enough to peg confirmed dates for stages.

For everyone who has been part of the catastrophe that is Jet, my advise would be to move on and go look for something somewhere else. It is not as if Jet has forbidden all of you'll to ever venture elsewhere!

Follow the Dollar Trend - Therein lies the key to 9W's future and therefore yours!

aroumika
19th May 2012, 06:46
@PEC
by the tone of your very "encouraging" post, clearly you're not part of the jet process. i don't believe anyone here is behaving like "jet owes them a job", but do they "owe us a chance to complete the rest of the process after we've completed half the process"? the answer would be yes!

your advice would be "to move on and go look for something somewhere else", poor advice! - what "somewhere else" are you talking about? it's not like jobs are "abundant" in our industry today, and it's not like we haven't been trying! but thanks for the advice anyway, appreciate it :)

PS - the dollar trend, really? i'm amused! :hmm:

PT6A
19th May 2012, 12:44
My source is from the director of flight ops

PEC
19th May 2012, 14:02
by the tone of your very "encouraging" post, clearly you're not part of the jet process.
Though not with Jet I've been there before.

i don't believe anyone here is behaving like "jet owes them a job", but do they "owe us a chance to complete the rest of the process after we've completed half the process"? the answer would be yes!
The question now is, how long are you willing to wait? All your life?

your advice would be "to move on and go look for something somewhere else", poor advice!
At least its a start.

it's not like jobs are "abundant" in our industry today
Incredibly, they are. At least for most of my mates, who after being subject to "your" recruitment, went and got themselves a Type, and are flying for 9W,6E and SG today.

PS - the dollar trend, really? i'm amused!
Wait and watch!

Tapshi
19th May 2012, 14:26
there's no 'director of operations' in jet airways!!

P51-Mustang
23rd May 2012, 15:33
Jet just concluded recruitment of FOs for the ATR fleet!

ujjwaljain
23rd May 2012, 16:25
hi guys..
is it a confirmed news that jet is planning to conduct interviews till june/july??

PT6A
23rd May 2012, 19:23
Tapshi, there is and he is also an expat :) just like the CEO

virus90
28th May 2012, 17:13
:ugh::ugh:

I am new to this forum.. but i have some very important and depressing news to share....

My friend Had emailed the HR head in the morning, and he got a reply stating that " Due to the current aviation scenario and difficult times in the sector.. We wont envisage commencement of recruitment in the near future"

Anyone who disagrees or has some good news please please post

Cactus225
31st May 2012, 07:08
Interviews, no interviews? whats the verdict?

Also is that talk for freshers at all, or just you guys who cleared the written?

Just out of curiosity, how long is the interview process with Jet? First round to cockpit?

6-8 months?

GE90-115B
31st May 2012, 07:14
The Reply I Got From Jet ..

Dear Mr ABC,

As of now we have frozen the recruitment since there is a network and fleet downsizing. So as of now for atleast sometime we will not be engaging in any recruitment activity on any fleet for any position.We will maintain the cv on our databank for any future vacancies.

We thank you for your interest in Jet Airways.

Regards,

XYZ

I Applied for the Senior First Officer Position.

virus90
31st May 2012, 18:58
@ cactus 225

We honestly are not aware of what the actual situation is and where do we stand in terms of our recruitment.. Yes we have cleared our written and got through the assessment centre..
Dont be dissapointed but i think FRESHERS are not going to be hired for a while, atleast till the $$$$$ scenario doesnt improve and they dont clear the backlog..

@ GE90-115B

I have heard about Downsizing too but on the bright side i also read that Jet has placed confirmed orders for some new Aircrafts and will take delivery of atleast if not more of 4-5.. My friends working for jet have also confirmed that news...
* fingers crossed*
if any other news please post..

tay_uh
1st Jun 2012, 06:05
Interview will be held most probably by July end. I'm not talking about TR or Little bit of exp guys. Its for the Trainee First Officer recruitment from last year.

virus90
1st Jun 2012, 09:24
:ok::D:)

Finally some good news given by tay_uh....
But are you sure as i have heard many many conflicting news.....

Speed bird 100
1st Jun 2012, 13:34
@ TAY UH '
MOTIVATING INDEED, but what is ur source of information.....

virus90
1st Jun 2012, 16:45
:D
@ tay_uh

Thank you very much for this motivating and positive news, but i have heard many conflicting news...

So i dont know to believe or not to believe

PT6A
1st Jun 2012, 18:07
Jet are getting A320's to replace the 737 not to increase fleet size.

Oh and it is aircraft not aircrafts... no need for the S guys ;)

flyvabb
1st Jun 2012, 18:31
They aren't getting the A320NEO to replace the 737 fleet. Its just a tactic to make Boeing give them a better price on the 737MAX. Considering the financial issues, you think they have the money to convert crew and maintenance for A320 Ops? No chance whatsoever.

PT6A
1st Jun 2012, 19:06
Nope the 737 will be going....

Look at what easyJet did all Boeing then they sent them packing an operate 200+ Airbus aircraft.

Jet already has experience with the Airbus, they would not be the first airline to switch totally to one manufacturer.

Jet has been looking at the A320 for a long time, Airbus really has a stronghold in India and this will continue to grow.

tay_uh
2nd Jun 2012, 07:04
Well, that's what the Human Resource guys are telling me.. They usually don't say anything if they are not that sure about it. So Let's hope for the Best.

DGCA
3rd Jun 2012, 17:53
Dear frienz, is it possible to get the HR contact information from any sincere fellow. Just want to inquire myself, waiting for the final interview.

JAY SHAH
4th Jun 2012, 04:58
its 022-6121 1000.. ext is 1414 or 1448... Please let us know too what they say.. thanks

ITAviator
4th Jun 2012, 06:35
Called them. Got a very courteous and patient reply, "Its on freeze and not cancelled, you all will hear from us shortly...". When asked, if their "shortly" means the same as mine(which is less than a 2 months), she said "probably not". :sad:
More importantly, i got one imp information, i.e. Even if we get our self sponsored rating done in this period of lull, we are eligible for this induction process and would be considered as Rated pilot. That's good news for me.

DGCA
4th Jun 2012, 17:03
The point is at what stage they gonna consider us after the rating? Is it a wise idea to go for 737 or ATR? On what aircraft do they have vacancies?

PT6A
4th Jun 2012, 17:47
Jet are going to be reducing their fleet. Parking approx 5 737's to start with.

DGCA
4th Jun 2012, 18:45
Dude Jet is planning a huge expansion plan, and is working towards the course of being India's Largest Airlines. As the same was in the news couple of months back.

Some examples:

Jet Airways plans more overseas flights by December 2012 (http://avindia.********.in/2012/04/jet-airways-plans-more-overseas-flights.html)

New Delhi: Naresh Goyal's Jet Airways is spreading its wings to reach more overseas destinations by winter of 2012, and thus coming strikingly close to Air India, India's national airline which currently flies to more overseas destinations.
With the civil aviation ministry ending Air India's monopoly over bilateral traffic rights, allowing all Indian carriers to utilise these, Jet Airways has sought government permission to expand its international services to 518 flights per week from 370 at present by winter of 2012.
Goyal, who is seen frequenting the civil aviation ministry more often these days, is looking at fulfilling his long awaited ambition of widening Jet's footprint in Europe, provided he gets the permission to implement this 40% jump in his airline's international operations.
The carrier has sought the ministry's approval to add 35 new flights to Germany and seven each to France and Belgium, in addition to seven each to Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sharjah and Vietnam.
"The airline is likely to seek clearances for the next winter and summer schedules in advance too as this will allow them to prepare smoothly for new operations by tying up with new airports, hire requisite staff at these stations and get the desired slots there," a senior aviation ministry official said on conditions of anonymity.
06/04/12 Anindya Upadhyay/Economic Times
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, April 13, 2012

Jet Airways eyes more internatioanl routes; expediates hiring of pilots (http://avindia.********.in/2012/04/jet-airways-eyes-more-internatioanl.html)

India's largest carrier by market share, Jet Airways is looking at expanding its international operations in a big way. The airline wants to start flying on the Manila & Kuala Lumpur routes a part form increasing flights to Europe & Gulf countries according to two sources familiar with the details.
In line with this strategy, the airline is also on a pilot hiring spree. The airline has hired nearly 20 pilots in the last few weeks and is still in the process of hiring more. It will also be aircraft fleet once these approvals come through.
'The airline will induct 10 to 12 aircraft once the ministry gives them approvals' said a source who did not want to be named.
International operations contribute nearly 60% to Jet Airways' revenues. With the civil aviation ministry ending Air India's monopoly over bilateral traffic rights, allowing all Indian carriers to utilize these, Jet Airways has also sought government permission to expand its international services to 518 flights per week from 370 at present by winter of 2012.
12/04/12 Sameer Hashmi/Economic Times
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you still think that jet is downsizing, after the void left by KF in the market all the airlines are running to grab it asap?

Speed bird 100
8th Jun 2012, 08:48
guys whats the status.... i have heard that the batch has been scrapped off:ugh::ugh::ugh:

aroumika
8th Jun 2012, 09:41
@speed bird 100
nope, absolutely baseless rumor and 200% incorrect ---> i can vouch for this one! i spoke to gloria from HR just this monday actually, and although she did tell me that "the interviews are still on hold and they have no idea when it's going to be", then i made sure to clarify if the process wasn't canceled, and she said "no it's not canceled by any means, it's still going to happen at some point of time, we just don't know when".

just out of curiousity, what's your source?

Speed bird 100
8th Jun 2012, 16:01
@Auromika....will call her soon buddy.....:confused:

Speed bird 100
14th Jun 2012, 21:12
guys any updates.....kindly keep everyone posted
:)

viper22
19th Jul 2012, 10:49
hey guys any updates regarding the interview dates?
and does anyone have any idea as to how many of us are waiting for the interview

virus90
20th Jul 2012, 07:49
Any updates Regarding Jet ??? ANYONE!!!!!

I do not know about how many but i know that I am waiting for the Interview call and 1 of my friend.....

go_yell
27th Jul 2012, 09:00
Man! for some reason I read you and a friend GOT the interview call! Add me to the awaiting list!

THE_WING
4th Aug 2012, 08:36
Last week, India's biggest private carrier Jet Airways decided to count the fax machines it had at its offices and airport counters globally. The number was found to be high at 300. Chief executive officer Nikos Kardassis immediately ordered a pruning down and today six fax machines are all that remain functional as the airline has switched over to e-mails.

Kardassis, 54, who served as the first CEO of Jet (which came into being in 1993) from 1994 to 1999, has been back in the saddle since 2008 and is now looking at every minute detail to cut costs. The worry is clear - Jet has had five consecutive loss-making quarters till the beginning of this financial year and a red ink of Rs 1,420 crore last fiscal. And it's profitability that the Greek-America airline expert has now set his sights on. This is even as lowcost IndiGo snaps on its heels with its domestic market share just 1.4 percentage points behind Jet-JetKonnect's combined domestic share in June, "Though the fight is not for market share, we are also not ceding the number one space to anyone," Kardassis says, adding that Jet now operates 75% of its domestic flights in the budget space.

While Jet has a total loan of $2 billion, the worry is that of this $500 million taken for working capital requirement carries an interest rate of 11-12 %. The aircraft loan of $1.5 billion is, however, backed by aircraft worth $2 billion. His work is cut out. He has to now reduce loans by $400 million this fiscal through a string of measures like sale-and-leaseback of aircraft and reducing costs wherever possible.

Kardassis, together with Jet promoter Naresh Goyal, has also decided not to consider layoffs as a cost-cutting option even in these tough times for the Indian aviation industry. "Our people are our greatest assets. We have, however, decided not to fill the vacancies arising out of natural attrition like retirement or resignations . From June 2011 to June 2012, the workforce has gone down by 1,000 and no one has been laid off," says the airline veteran who started his career with TWA. Jet is lucky to be better off than the other two full service Indian carriers , Air India and Kingfisher - one of which is battling to keep afloat.

About 200 expat pilots - on whom an airline spends almost twice as much as Indian pilots - have been eased out in the past one year. "Through this move, we expect to save $50 million from 2013. Besides , we have accelerated the process of hiring and training Indian pilots". It's just not staff costs. Airport space across its domestic and international network, including London, Newark and Singapore , has been reduced by half to curtail rentals. Long-term contracts have also been renegotiated with all vendors and technical partners. Apart from the external environment , the structure of the aircraft itself has come in focus of Kardassis and his team. They are looking at the possibility of having a light aircraft in air as flying more weight means burning more fuel to keep it airborne — something that is not financially viable when jet fuel accounts for almost half of an airline's total operating cost.

"Aircraft seats are being changed to lighter and more comfortable material. Catering is being tweaked to reduce utensils in meal trays. Heavy magazines are out of the aircraft. Ovens have been taken out of Jet-Konnect planes and only one remains to serve hot food to the eight premiere seats in those planes," Kardassis says highlighting the cost-cutting measures.

The focus is also on increasing ancillary revenue by introducing pay meal concept in full service flights also as an option. The airline may also allow people to pre-book seats for a charge. The initiatives seem to be bearing fruit as the airline has declared a modest profit of Rs 36 crore for the April-June quarter.

Accepting that the budget model is here to stay, Jet is using its full service and budget mix to maximize revenue by constantly changing service on routes where it senses demand for either of the two models. "Constant evaluation happens on the route dynamics. Recently, we converted 10 JetKonnect routes to full service" .

While Jet has benefitted on the domestic front from Kingfisher's woes and on the international front from AI's labour unrest, it does not seem too bothered by the LCCs. Since similar woes — prohibitive jet fuel costs, airport expenses and a mismatch in revenue and costs - plague all airlines, the claims of one player being profitable are not taken too seriously by the others. The airlines concede that they are at a crossroad where they need introduction of a cost-friendly environment to survive.

Jet Airways is not ceding the number 1 space to anyone: Nikos Kardassis, CEO - The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/jet-airways-is-not-ceding-the-number-1-space-to-anyone-nikos-kardassis-ceo/articleshow/15349276.cms)

bawa
24th Aug 2012, 10:38
can some one give me the contact numbers for the hr. i want to check the status of the recruitment.

bad_attitude
1st Sep 2012, 07:54
try 022 6121 1000, ask for HR :ok:

virus90
4th Sep 2012, 06:03
@bawa

When you finish talking to them, please let all of us know what did they have to say....

Anyone else with any other news please please let all of us know...

virus90
5th Oct 2012, 05:56
I personally think Everyone on this thread is dead or they do not wanna commit on some rumors they heard... GUYS!!!! GIRLS!!!! lets get this thread rolling once again....

Lemme start by sharing some news..
Our interviews are most probably scheduled for NOVEMBER:D:O

If anyone has some other news, please share and get this thread rolling again...

vt-abc
5th Oct 2012, 06:35
thanks for sharing. what is the source of this info ?
if anyone has any inside news, please share it with everybody

virus90
6th Oct 2012, 07:19
No one is going to share any inside news dude.... :p

My source is quite reliable.. Although he did inform me that till december 2012 they will not require any first officers on the 737s...
So just to remain positive i am assuming if they resume the process by november and by the time they finish with us vacancies will pop up again for the 737s or other aircraft..

Its alll about being positive..

Pilotofthehour
15th Oct 2012, 10:24
:confused: Thing is that we've lost all faith in speculations ! Only a mail from 9W Recruitment Centre can cheer us up now..

virus90
18th Oct 2012, 07:03
I completely understand and agree with your point of view..:ok: and i am 100% sure that they do not require pilots on the 37s till december 2012.. i can vouch for that....

But i am just sharing the info tht i got and am trying to help people out here and i would appreciate if other people would also do the same.

flyjet787
18th Oct 2012, 14:02
Surprise! Air India flies past Jet in September

More people flew Air India on the domestic sectors than Jet Airways – a trend which should certainly worry Jet since it is also losing out to the low-cost competitor IndiGo for the last several months.

Surprise! Air India flies past Jet in September | Firstpost (http://www.firstpost.com/business/surprise-air-india-flies-past-jet-in-september-495412.html?utm_source=editorpick&utm_medium=cat_tech)

Speed bird 100
21st Oct 2012, 17:40
@ VIRUS 90
How sure are you of this.... that our recruitment wil resume by november.... :ooh:

virus90
22nd Oct 2012, 07:46
@ speed bird 100
Dude no one is sure about any news or information they receive and i may be wrong too.. But i am 100 % sure about Jet not requiring any FOs on 37s till December 2012 and that is confirmed..
I am just trying to help dude... and i would appreciate if other people could shed some light if and when they know anything..
Just out of curiosity!!! what have you heard??

adgsunke
4th Nov 2012, 20:00
If the VOR is 100 nm then the airway width is supposed to be 4.5 deg (beyond 50 nm).
Request clarify

Speed bird 100
5th Nov 2012, 20:09
Guys, I have a UK FRTOL which was issued in 2008 and is valid until 2018.Based on this COP ie RTR(C) was issued to me by WPC after clearing PART 1 Exam ,which got expired in feb 2012.
Now how do I get it renewed .... just by giving PART 1 again or do I have to do 30 hrs of flying as well.... Please ADVISE.:ooh:
(My Indian FRTOL is expiring march 2014):ooh:

9w737
6th Nov 2012, 03:06
I have been following the updates on this forum for quite sometime now, and I think most of the guys here either no idea or they are getting their information from wrong sources.
Talking to Gloria or any other hr person is not gonna give a clear picture, as she hardly has any idea herself, and in all fairness to her , why would she be bothered abt new recruitment.. Her plate is already full with managing hundreds of jet airways pilots whose licencese, medical issues and million other things she got to manage.
There is no new likely recruitment in near future. And by near future I mean at least 6 months.
Jet is going to get airbus 330 ac's for their international operations. They are going to get captains and f/o's from kingfisher and might upgrade some from existing 737 f/o's
As of the excess of f/o's on 737's, to most of the extent it's not true. They have many in number but all are being used up to their optimum. Now a days in a average, every f/o in del gets a roster of about 62-65 hrs a month with 3 -4 standby. This translates to 70-74 hrs of flying in month. Overtime is paid if u cross 75 hrs and no one is practically doing overtime now a days. So it's a win win situation for the company as they making the most outta their current strength of f/o's.
If they hire more, ppl will do less hrs and get paid up to 75 hrs fixed.
And those who are on standby, I would suggest them to hold their horses from sometime to come as at least upto this year they stand no chance to be hired.
But on the bright side, those who are waiting for their interview should take so,e solace in knowing that they will accessed before anyone else gets a shot.

Cheers

Pilotofthehour
6th Nov 2012, 18:36
Inspiring ... !! But ..more of a wait and watch game i guess.. :bored:

M_One
7th Nov 2012, 11:28
wat interview r u guys talkin bout?? is it for 737 TR guys?? how do u apply??? i have applied to all the airlines thru their websites and neva gt any reply :(

kush3370
8th Nov 2012, 04:08
All in all, there is no fixed method of getting a pilot`s job. Its about pushing yourself ahead of the crowd. Landing a call to just 'write' an exam maybe very difficult.

And yeahh.. last but not the least.. DO NOT FORGET TO STUDY ! No use if you get a call and dont know anything !

Very Very well said bro!!!

can not be any less than absolute agreed with you...and the ones who already knew this logic before entering into this aviation, they are already enjoying their cockpits even in india....opportunity knocks everyone's door to check who's sleeping and who's not !!!
Cheers

DGCA
22nd Nov 2012, 16:10
Dont let this thread die atleast.

Pilotofthehour
15th Dec 2012, 17:09
Not gonna happen!

virus90
24th Dec 2012, 05:53
what is not gonna happen?? dont leave such incomplete replies buddy

ice_veins
30th Dec 2012, 06:54
Guys, its nice to see that you all are still keeping your spirits up but its time to be a bit realistic now. The batch has been SCRAPPED. I know its sad and I know its a reality a lot of us dont want to face but its true. Im saying this because Ive heard it from a reliable source and because its pretty evident. They are hiring type rated batch after batch and putting us on hold.Even the next batch will be of type rated pilots. This is happening not because it cant happen but because they dont want it to happen. There is a lot of politics in Jet and lets just say we are not the preferred lot. Start looking somewhere else and get your life back on track, waiting for something with so many contingencies is not worth it.

contractpilot69
30th Dec 2012, 15:48
True. Lot of 'white envelopes' passed underneath the table...

Captains leave for the Gulf in search of greener pastures, existing first officers do whatever it takes to get that command and therefore, vacancies open which are taken by to children and kins of the influential...

And the cycle continues. Hard to believe, but it's the truth. As far as India goes, commercial aviation has always been, and will continue to be, the cup of tea of the rich/upper-middle-class...

Pilotofthehour
6th Jan 2013, 16:17
Jet is going to call us for interviews next month and are going to put us all on B777 fleet :D

People taking above posts seriously might as well take this one serious as well :ok::p

contractpilot69
6th Jan 2013, 16:26
If it was AI, they probably would really take it seriously! ;)

equinox123
7th Jan 2013, 05:21
@@Pilotofthehour........so does this mean that Jet would Hire freshers or guys who r type rated or what you mean to say that they would call on the previous batch that was waiting for the interviews.

aroumika
7th Jan 2013, 10:30
@Pilotofthehour
that sounds too good to be true, what's the source of this information?

PEC
7th Jan 2013, 12:55
Jet is going to call us for interviews next month and are going to put us all on B777 fleet
At least someone's got a sense of humor!

@Pilotofthehour
that sounds too good to be true, what's the source of this information?
@@Pilotofthehour........so does this mean that Jet would Hire freshers or guys who r type rated or what you mean to say that they would call on the previous batch that was waiting for the interviews.
And someone clearly doesn't! The 777 eh?:ugh:

Talk about getting this lot salivating:mad:
Did someone say- "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"?

Pilotofthehour
8th Jan 2013, 16:17
@ Above- Shows your frustration levels.. Read again what i posted. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

ice_veins
9th Jan 2013, 05:21
Im just trying to apprise you of the situation. Whether or not you take it seriously is your decision. Many of us have accepted it and got jobs in other airlines but if you want to make fun of others then Jet might hire you by the time you have children.

Pilotofthehour
11th Jan 2013, 16:15
Perhaps you also do the same and stop worrying about other people on this thread. If you are already employed :hmm: Congrats have fun!

equinox123
12th Jan 2013, 06:09
Guys Please chuck the argument and get to the table to maintain the sanctity of this thread................So, the question .......Is Jet coming up with any vacancies for freshers or they would come up with vacancies for only the "elite" (Type Rated) guys

contractpilot69
12th Jan 2013, 14:17
Well I believe we've got quite a large lot of type-rated guys still waiting to get off the ground. Looking at it from Jet's side I feel it would be more viable to pick up some from the rated lot but heck, you know how dynamic this industry is! All the best anyways...

tay_uh
22nd Jan 2013, 06:11
All this talk about taking in Type Rated guys over ppl who had gone through a written exam (among 4000 candidates approx.) and a grueling GD round is ridiculous. Well, ofcourse the only answer is that those guys who have TR got contacts.

To think that hiring a TR would be easier for Jet Airways or any other airline is an over statement. Everyone can undergo a TR, all you need is money. And how long does it take to take for a TR , a month or so.

cyrilroy21
5th Feb 2013, 14:07
Jet Airways is conducting a 737 type rated exam on Feb 17th . Emails went out today.....

LieDetector
5th Feb 2013, 15:08
^Affirm.

Those invited need to confirm their attendance by 12th.

Dear Applicant,

This has reference to your application for employment as Typerated First Officer on B737 Fleet.

If your CPL is endorsed with B737 Typerating, you are hereby called upon to appear for a Technical Written Test.

The details are as follows:

Date : February 17, 2013 (Sunday)

Reporting Time : 10.00 a.m.

Venue : Jet Airways (I) Limited Kaledonia (HDIL Building)

Flight Training Centre, Ground Floor, Off Western Express Highway, Sahar Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai - 400 069

Dress Code : Formal

Your written test will be One hour Objective technical test based on B737 Typerated Endorsement syllabus.

Candidates qualifying the Written Test will have to undergo through an Assessment Centre Program followed by a personal / technical Interview.

Candidates qualifying in the Interview will be sent for Screening on the Simulator.

You are required to carry your latest updated resume, copies of all current and valid licences and one recent passport size photograph alongwith you.

Kindly note, you will have to make your own arrangements for travel, conveyance accommodation and boarding (if required).

Plan your journey carefully so that you arrive in good time for the Written Test.

Please carry a printed copy of this email along with you.

Kindly give your confirmation regarding your availability by a return email latest by 1500 hrs on February 12, 2013.

We look forward for your successful participation.

Thanking you,

RECRUITMENT CELL

aviator_0088
5th Feb 2013, 17:39
Could you pls mention the email address from which you received the call.

Much appreciated
Thanks!

cyrilroy21
5th Feb 2013, 19:07
The emails were sent out from [email protected]

This is the same email address that they used recently to hire ATR 72 Pilots and is given on the Jet Airways Careers website

CF680E1
5th Feb 2013, 23:58
I thought Jet Airways would always call in CPL holders. Any reason why airlines always go in for type rated people? Is it because there's an immediate requirement? Also is this open to all type rated people or for someone from the previous batch?

nevergiveup27
6th Feb 2013, 03:35
If anyone has contact information of Jet Airways HR please PM or post it here ASAP. Thank you :ok:

aniqua
6th Feb 2013, 12:42
My friend has received two mails from jet
1st mail is type rated on 737 scheduled for the 17th and 2nd on non endorsed for ATR scheduled for the 18th of feb
Has anybody else received the non type rated email for the written test?

cyrilroy21
6th Feb 2013, 13:30
Aniqua can you ask your friend to send a copy of the second email ?

Either paste it here or send as pm

tolip111111
6th Feb 2013, 14:13
Can anyone throw some light on what kind of questions were asked last time and what is the whole procedure like?

RkoSim
6th Feb 2013, 16:28
@ upwa its listed on the careers page of their website.. but it says for non type rated first officers you need to have a minimum of 3000 total flying hours and 500 hours as PIC on multi-engine turboprop aircraft ; OR Total flying experience of 3000 hours and multi-engine endorsement on turboprop/jet aircraft.. :sad:

cyrilroy21
6th Feb 2013, 16:37
@Rkosim

Those requirement are for Non Type rated Line Captains

UPWA
6th Feb 2013, 18:09
Good News for KFA Pilots! :D

18 Feb is ATR Non endorsed LINE CAPTAINS xam in Jet Airways! Min req 3000 Hours.

ITS NOT FOR FRESH CPL HOLDERS.

AntiMatter
18th Feb 2013, 07:45
Was the 737 type rated exam for for fresh pilots or experienced?

rockin.skull
20th Feb 2013, 06:34
Considering this trend of conducting group discussions for selection, Does anyone know any classes to prep for group discussions specifically for aviators?

Now before i get flamed by our purist friends saying that you dont need training for group discussion etc etc...I want to tell you that i have given Gd's twice and i have not yet managed to clear.

So I am looking for a way to improve myself, and if anyone can help, then please do so, Any kind of information, Phone number, Names, Contacts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Happy landings.

virus90
20th Feb 2013, 12:33
@rockin skull: listen buddy , i can understand ur frustration of not clearing the GD round twice and u would nt wanna miss up an opportunity of not securing a job with an airline in this current scenario..
I also was unsuccessful in my first shot at GD, i thought i did well but they felt otherwise and the second time around i cleared it .. so to be honest please do not spend your money on some classes for GD as they cannot prepare you for that particular day.. I inquired from some people working for the airline and they said tht we are looking for basic qualities.. Leadership, presence of mind, power to convince someone and so on...
My advice would be not to spend money on some classes.. its ur wish after all..All the best for your GD.. cheers!!!

pkboeing
21st Feb 2013, 07:06
what was the topic like in the GD since u have appeared fr GD
round...

virus90
21st Feb 2013, 12:17
hey buddy!!.. i gave my GD close to 2 years ago , so i may not be able to paint an exact picture for you but i will try..
At the start of the Assessment centre a representative from the HR will come and give a brief idea of the activities which will happen during the day, everyone will be given tag numbers and you will be judged or known according to that.. groups of 5 will be formed and ur group has to interact with another group of 5 during the activities..
There will be 5 topics , which keep on changing.. 2 are based on real life accidents or incidents and u have to debate.. 2 are " what if " kinda scenes.. u will be given a list of 10 to 12 things and u have to prioritize those things and come to a conclusion with your group.. 1 in which u will be given scenarios like " you are a commander and you see rubber pieces on the runway, take action... or you see a CB cloud in front of ur flight path, take action.. or there is a bomb threat on your frequency , take action....
these were the topics which were there at my time.. they change.. but you should be able to paint a picture with this..
cheers!! and best of luck

pkboeing
21st Feb 2013, 12:28
thanks a ton my friend for all the information.....

rockin.skull
22nd Feb 2013, 07:52
Classes for GROUP DISCUSSION

HI friends

IF anyone from mumbai is interested in classes for GD for the jet airways assessment, please msg me in my inbox for more details.

I am looking for a few more people to join me.

Hey Virus90 thanks for the advice, I will keep trying. can you tell me if there was anything you did different between the first and second rounds?

And the info provided by virus90 abt the gd rounds is accurate. I just want to add that the entire process takes place from morning to evening.

So although the exercises are not difficult, it can be quite mentally exhausting to keep our spirits up the entire day.

Thanks

tay_uh
22nd Feb 2013, 07:55
Can anyone tell me the exact procedure for CPL renewal.

cyrilroy21
26th Feb 2013, 08:48
I hear RUMOURS about Jet coming out with vacancies for Non type rated candidates

Anyone else hear anything ?

SuperflyTNT
26th Feb 2013, 12:59
If that's true what happens to those that cleared the written in Feb 2011? Good news never the less for the ones who get a fresh chance. They get to select from a bigger pool of pilots. Unfair so to speak for the ones that cleared the first time around.

P51-Mustang
26th Feb 2013, 17:16
Why would they go through the entire recruitment process when they have candidates waiting for Interview? Might be true though!

But I guess airlines will start hiring soon since the SC is putting pressure on the DGCA to update the FDTL.

cobracommander
4th Mar 2013, 06:30
Just have been hearing a rumor about a Re-GD for those who did not clear the GD rounds in Aug 2011, after clearing the written's in feb 2011.

WANTED TO CONFIRM IF THIS IS TRUE AND HOW MANY ,IF ANY ,HAVE RECEIVED THE CALL LETTERS FOR THE SAME??

Thanks
CC

sky_thebeginning
4th Mar 2013, 08:01
re- GD??
Just have been hearing a rumor about a Re-GD for those who did not clear the GD rounds in Aug 2011, after clearing the written's in feb 2011.

WANTED TO CONFIRM IF THIS IS TRUE AND HOW MANY ,IF ANY ,HAVE RECEIVED THE CALL LETTERS FOR THE SAME??

Thanks
CC

That may happen only if there is a new recruitment for non-type rated people happens... So I believe no one would have received such call...

virus90
4th Mar 2013, 11:35
yes.. Sky the beginning is right out here..
You know i am confused with the way Jet is conducting stuff.. what will happen of those who did clear their GD in August 2011..
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

sky_thebeginning
4th Mar 2013, 15:59
You know i am confused with the way Jet is conducting stuff.. what will happen of those who did clear their GD in August 2011..

That is the big question and its a pity that nobody can answer that..(not even Jet itself)... Only god knows:ugh::ugh:

virus90
5th Mar 2013, 07:19
I havent spoken to the HR for a long time now, anyone who recently had a word?? Any idea about our frozen recruitment???

sky_thebeginning
5th Mar 2013, 09:54
I did n few of my friends ... Same old answer.... " It is on hold " ....:{

clearblueskyy
10th Mar 2013, 12:06
Hey so I hear luck few people have been inducted into Jet with a confirmed job.Just curious which batch was this that just recently got hired.

sky_thebeginning
10th Mar 2013, 12:38
clearblueskyy Hey so I hear luck few people have been inducted into Jet with a confirmed job.Just curious which batch was this that just recently got hired.

737 type rated batch

aroumika
18th Mar 2013, 10:02
And the non type-rated batch of 2011 has FINALLY received an email from the recruitment cell! Life is good! :D :ok:

sky_thebeginning
18th Mar 2013, 12:10
Some relief finally...:D
All the best guys...tc

cobracommander
19th Mar 2013, 06:59
hello guys,

did only those who cleared the GD rounds in 2011 receive the email or even those who did not?
what is the status of those who did not clear the GD rounds in 2011?

Thanks

virus90
19th Mar 2013, 15:17
Finally a light can be seen at the end of the tunnel.. :ok:
As far as i know only those who cleared the GD round in August-September 2011 have been receiving the Emails.. the first line of the mail says " This is in reference to the assesment centre tha you had cleared"..

Now lets see when they recall us

AntiMatter
21st Mar 2013, 17:58
All of you who did get the mail just replied to it right? i mean we have to send our details back to the same ID the mail came from, or some other ID?
I know its a stupid question but at this point not taking any chances :=

sky_thebeginning
22nd Mar 2013, 04:07
Yup...got to reply on the same mail...

virus90
22nd Mar 2013, 05:51
@ Antimatter

no Questions are stupid buddy!! itss cool..
to be on the safer side i drafted a new email with the requested information to their email id..
But the ? remains, is it just a routine process to update their databases or our time is near

INDIAN BIRD 9W
24th Mar 2013, 17:01
Hey Guys, finally a ray of hope has been given by JET,:D :ok: to all of us who cleared GD in 2011, and yes I have the same question, do we have to reply back on to same ID from which we got the mail, or its some other ID on which we are suppose to reply back:hmm:

And one more thing, any one having any Info about, when they are going to call us for the interviews?? As recruitment for 737 type rated guys is already in the process these days with jet, then in that case, would it be within a month or so, or still we will be waiting for another six months or so???? Any one having any info through any source regarding this, please through some light.

And people who regularly kept saying that this batch has been scrapped off, please stay shut now for some time atleast :mad: :=

And on which fleet they gonna put us on now, as they have been recruiting a lot of 737 type rated pilots in past few months, don't think they would need any more of us for 737's and number of vacancies also must have got reduced by a big margin now, as it had been in 2011, after soo many inductions of type rated guys, Any one having any info, please share.

amarmusafir
26th Mar 2013, 07:10
PLease post if any one receives call/email for interview.
and anyone is having idea on what all they asked last time.
pl reply

AntiMatter
15th Apr 2013, 07:16
In case anyone isnt aware Air Asia is hiring.
jobs.airasia.com
and like amarmusafir has said please post if Jet sends out any calls.
Ill take closure over suspense any day. gives me a chance to move on.. until then.. im dreaming on :ugh:

P51-Mustang
22nd Apr 2013, 16:08
Interviews will be held this week for ATR Type rated candidates. So I am guessing once this is over, they will be emailing us.

aakarsh
10th May 2013, 07:14
Hi
there have been some rumors saying some people have received some interview calls.
Any one know of these.

thanks

INDIAN BIRD 9W
24th May 2013, 10:34
@aakarsh,
Hey buddy, what's the confirmation about what u r saying, Have u heard it from some reliable source or its just a rumour?? Has any one know to u got any call for interview(For jet 2011 cpl non type rated batch)??

Hey guys, does any body else has any information regarding people waiting for interview calls after August 2011 GD, did any one else also get a call for interview??? Any one have any info regarding when they gonnaa call us or infact they r even going to call us sometime or not at all, any one having any info from any source, please Share. Thanks.

AntiMatter
24th May 2013, 15:22
No clue.
As for whether they are going to call us - i dont know why they'd ask us if we are still available and then just disconnect.
Today the Etihad deal was approved by Jet shareholders so lets hope that means something positive.

genie081
2nd Jun 2013, 04:11
Does anyone know when Jet Airways would be having their next selection process? Would it only be open to ATR and B737 Type rated pilots or also the CPL holders?

Also, is Indigo airlines hiring A320 type rated pilots? I have been thinking that maybe I could get my rating & apply. Anybody have any news on that?

virus90
4th Jun 2013, 11:49
2011 batch of trainee first officers , its time to study.. few of my friends have received their call letters for the interview.. theirs is on the 19th of this month.
everyone should get an email soon..

@genie: i think it could take some time as jet and indigo both have to first finish with the frozen batches.. and that may take some time..
cant advice u on type rating though

AlphaRomeo1
4th Jun 2013, 13:30
Hey, fellow ppruners!
Confirmed calls for Management Interview in the 3rd week of the month!
All the very best to everyone! I hope this is the lucky break we've been waiting for!
:)

flying_sierra
6th Jun 2013, 05:55
For all those who are still out here and waiting.. I'm happy we received our interview letters.. let's buckle up study and share our experiences and suggestions..

Good luck!

pkboeing
7th Jun 2013, 13:13
How many are being called for the personal interview...any idea...

virus90
9th Jun 2013, 11:54
the interviews are being held between 15th and 27th of june... i have heard..

the interviews are held in 2 batches and approx 12-15 people have been called per batch..
so around 200 people will come, but the question is how many show up as i am sure most of them must have secured a job since august 2011..

samshetty
13th Jun 2013, 03:46
hey guys I have my interview for the same on the 24th....any one who's got a call before that

virus90
13th Jun 2013, 09:51
i have my interview on the 24th as well, will most probably meet you there..
Although i am confused on what to study?? anyone who can help or suggest something

samshetty
14th Jun 2013, 02:06
what time is it?....anyone who has cleared the jet interview before...can you guy help us with what to study....

skaios
14th Jun 2013, 05:48
24th for me as well.

ACE would be a good book to refer to as well as familiarizing yourself with enroute and approach charts.

I'm guessing that they would expect CPL level knowledge of the various topics at least. A lot of times they ask you what topic you are strongest on so I would suggest that if you don't have the time to go through all the subjects, knowing one really well would help.

samshetty
14th Jun 2013, 15:55
Mine is the morning batch....so will be able to tell then what were the questions asked

cyrilroy21
14th Jun 2013, 16:09
Know your Jepp Charts inside out

INDIAN BIRD 9W
14th Jun 2013, 17:00
Hey every body, people having their interview tomorrow, all the best, good luck.

Please must share your experience after the interview, and type of questions asked. Personal, technical, or HR questions, every thing they asked, please do share, most of areas they try to touch in technical, what kind of questions in technical or hr or for jeppesons, please must share. And how many people turned up for the interview.

As much information shared with others will be highly appreciated, and good luck Thanks:ok:

INDIAN BIRD 9W
14th Jun 2013, 17:06
And hey guys, any body from Mumbai only?? please tell, how's the weather out their in Mumbai right now, is it hot and humid or cool enough, what would be the better dress code for an interview, a proper coat suit or a shirt with a tie??

And apart from weather, people who has already given interviews any time earlier also, please guide, what looks more professional for this interview, a proper coat suit or just a shirt with tie, please help, thanks.

P51-Mustang
15th Jun 2013, 12:56
It has been raining a bit in Mumbai over the past week. The temperature has been pleasant.

INDIAN BIRD 9W
15th Jun 2013, 16:46
Hey Guys,

Who all has given Interview today, please share your experience, what all happened, what type of questions has been asked. Personal, technical, or HR questions, every thing they asked, please do share, most of areas they try to touch in technical, what kind of questions in technical or hr or for jeppesons, please must share. And how many people turned up for the interview?? Please revert back on the page as soon as possible.

And what about the results, are they declaring it today only?? or it will be declared after all the interviews are over, after 27 or what? Please share some information guys.........

AlphaRomeo1
18th Jun 2013, 05:07
Hey, friends.

I suggest "Ace the Technical Pilot Interview" to prepare for technical questions.

Jeppesen charts can be studied from the instructional documents available for download on their website under the heading "Introduction to Jeppesen Navigation Charts". The link is:
IFR Paper Chart Services for Business Aviation | Jeppesen Charts (http://ww1.jeppesen.com/aviation/business/additional-info-ifr-paper-services.jsp)

The weather in Mumbai is wet. The rains do come pouring here on the coast and moderate to heavy rain is forecast for the coming week. It's humid but temperatures are comfortable. Do try to leave early for the interview keeping in mind delays due to traffic in rainy weather.

Regarding what to wear, I think a shirt with a tie looks as professional as a full suit. It depends on what you're comfortable in. And, of course, don't forget to wear that all-important "Smile"! :)

Most of the people who were called in my batch showed up.

Personal questions: what have you been doing since August 2011, why have you pursued whichever courses you've taken up in the meantime, have you applied elsewhere, have you tried for a type rating, did you have a plan B if this didn't work out, what do you know about Jet Airways (aircraft, recent news, etc.)?

Technical questions: Map projections, great cirlces / rhumb lines, monsoon and associated hazards, weight and balance (RTOW, MLW, etc.), v-speeds, precision and non-precision approaches, sector entry into holding pattern (to be drawn on paper), RVSM, 1 in 60 rule, calculate ROD if GS is given, segments of take-off, familiarization with Jeppesen charts and maps, etc.

Management questions: What is CRM, what do you understand by it, what is your biggest weakness?

These questions are only a small set of what they might ask. Please be familiar with all that you've studied for CPL as they're checking your basic knowledge and understanding.

I recommend a crisp handshake with each interviewer before and after the interview as it's a sign that you've comfortable and confident. Don't lose your cool if you can't answer a question. Focus on the next question and keep answering confidently.

I don't know when they'll declare results. Just give it your best and leave the rest!

All the best to everyone out there! :ok:

virus90
18th Jun 2013, 09:47
hey buddy...
were these questions asked to you yesterday?? i mean with what i heard from my friend, he wasnt asked a lot.. i mean no tech nothing..
And i wasnt aware that they ask projections and magnets as well..

and have u read that rumor on UPWA that there is another exam for pilots on 20th july. i mean full recruitment.. that sounds unbelievable..

skaios
18th Jun 2013, 15:01
AlphaRomeo1, really appreciate you sharing your experience. :D

All the best! :ok:

pkboeing
19th Jun 2013, 05:10
Virus 90 : Its just a rumour floating on UPWA and Ghost Aviators..
Its very strange that how can jet even think of recruiting more first officers from ab initio with the full recruitment process..They had already recruited 20 first officers type rated this year i.e Feb 2013..they are under the process of training which will continue till august..Secondly they recruited those type rated people who failed the GD,PI and the Sim last year (2012)..They were re-called.Arnd 20 got selected...Now they are recruiting ab initio people who had failed in the interview in 2011..arnd 100 will be selected..And Again they will call those type rated people who had failed the GD,PI and the Sim(This year)..So seeing the present scenario i dnt think so that jet wuld be recruiting as of now ab initio..they might recruit after a while..First they have to clear these batches.

sky_thebeginning
19th Jun 2013, 13:57
Little correction sir...nobody failed interview in 2011 ab-initio recruitment...because interviews never happened for them...only GD happened in August 2011...

Kickass_aviator
19th Jun 2013, 15:37
well all i can say is that upwa never posts false news on their forum. its only when its confirmed they wud share a news like that. so no point making assumptions why jet cant have an assessment for ab initios in july

pkboeing
19th Jun 2013, 17:04
Sky : Ookies my mistake..nobody failed..i take my words back...
Kickass : i knw that upwa never post anything unless it is confirmed but rumours also float in this industry and we shuld not follow like a blind person even if upwa is saying..one shuld think logically and practically..this is the reason i posted my doubts which popped in my mind to hear other peoples reaction what they have to say..?

virus90
20th Jun 2013, 05:21
:confused:

I just do not understand the way jet is working , i mean what is the need to come up with a new recruitment when they are still not finished with the previous batches...

Dont know about the credibility of the UPWA news, i never follow it...

with what i have heard from my friends is that the interview results for the ongoing batch is going to be delayed by upto 3 weeks.. this is not a rumor..

I have also heard from a very respectable source that new recruitment will begin after 3 months, so that would be september..

Regards

aroumika
20th Jun 2013, 12:52
So I had my interview this evening. Indian meteorology, weather conditions in India during different seasons. Definition of fog and mist, formation. Types of fog and formation. Jet Stream and properties. Approach plates legend. Holding patterns. Radius of turn. Forces in a banked turn. ILS approaches. CDFA and CANPA. Stuff like that :) Good luck!

samshetty
20th Jun 2013, 16:08
Thanks.....any idea when are they declaring the results

aroumika
20th Jun 2013, 17:05
Results will be declared in the first week of July :)

aditya104
20th Jun 2013, 17:32
@aroumika

Thanks for sharing your experience. How many interviewers were there? How long did this interview last?

Good luck

aroumika
20th Jun 2013, 23:04
3 interviewers. My interview duration: 21 minutes 48 seconds

mitanshu
21st Jun 2013, 14:15
3 interviewers including the HR guy ??

AlphaRomeo1
22nd Jun 2013, 04:08
Hey, guys!

It's confirmed! Jet Airways has announced fresh recruitment for ab-initio CPL holders. It's on their website: Jet Airways | Careers (http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Careers/Vacancies.aspx#TraineeFirstOfficer)

This probably is a sign that they're foreseeing considerable expansion, which means that our recruitment might just get expedited! :D

Hoping for the much-awaited clearance to take-off! :)
Good luck to all! :ok:

aroumika
22nd Jun 2013, 05:17
Yes, including the HR guy (2 pilots, 1 HR)

rainbow_world
22nd Jun 2013, 10:14
Hey guys..!!

How long does it take to receive an email from the HR department about the interview?

I applied today...

INDIAN BIRD 9W
23rd Jun 2013, 07:59
Hey Every body, All the best for those who has already given their interview, and for those also who r yet to give, Good luck, must and keep sharing ur experiences after interviews.

Guys i have few questions-

As the new vacancies have come up on jet airways site, after giving the interview, what we should be doing now???? Should we apply on their site again right now, or should we wait for our interview results?? And if we keep waiting for our interview results, will the vacancies on their site will last for that long for us to wait??

And what about the written exam for new batch, when it is going to be?? date or month or any rough idea?? Two rumors are there, some people say, its on 21st july, some says its in september??

And what they will do with people who had cleared written exam last time? or even before that, will they be called directly for gd, as they did last time.

People who had cleared written last time, only they will be called up for gd directly, or the people who had cleared gd even before that, i mean in August 2010, will they also be called up directly for gd????

when they will be declaring our results, how much time now after the last interview on 27th, And when they will be calling us For SIM Check?? How many vacancies are there for this recruitment process.

Any one having any info about all this, please share, and people who r yet to go for their interviews, please must ask them all this after your interview,

Gloria williams is there and one other girl with short height is also there who was arranging things that day, Ask Gloria, if she does'nt tell, ask the shorter girl, she will share some info for sure, OR, If possible, ask both of them separately, both of them will share some some info, just ask them politely and in a proper way, they don't mind sharing info, there are very nice people, but must get Answers for all this guys, as it is very very important for us, so that, we can keep studying accordingly.

Thanks guys, may we all get Job very soon............. :):ok:

cyrilroy21
23rd Jun 2013, 08:16
Anyone who got could not clear the interview round in 2010 get called directly to interview this time ?

AlphaRomeo1
23rd Jun 2013, 09:51
@ rainbow_world, if you have only just applied for the Trainee First Officer position on their website yesterday, you'll be contacted in due time. There are two rounds before the Interview, first the Written exam, followed by the Group Discussion. Prepare well and leave nothing to chance. All the best!

AlphaRomeo1
23rd Jun 2013, 10:26
@ INDIAN BIRD 9W, I don't think we need to apply for the fresh recruitment. We're already in their system; it's only a matter of time before they get back to us with the results of the interview. I believe that people who haven't cleared rounds previously have been given second chances, so there's really no reason to panic. Let us remain cool-headed and focus our energies on preparing for the next round so that we won't even need second chances.

I completely understand that the delay has been a long one and it has been frustrating at times, but things seem to be improving and it'll help if we stay calm and make the most of the opportunity by studying rather than getting worked up about how many vacancies there are and when the written round might be.
Just give it your best shot, give them every reason to hire you and you'll be fine! :ok:

Also, do share your interview experience with us. After all your requests for other people to share, I thought you'd jump at the opportunity to do the same. :)

Wish you all the best!

aryancool52
23rd Jun 2013, 11:15
can u tell me which topic to cover the most.......for the written

also i hav herd that calcis are not allowed?

FMSguru
23rd Jun 2013, 16:55
Hi friends, I am B738 Type rated. i had appeared for the exam which was out in Feb'13 but unfortunately i wasn't able to get through GD's :ugh: Do you guys have any idea if 9W is going to come up with vacancy again to Type Rated People Separately? Any little information on this will be helpful.

Regards, :ok:

aroumika
24th Jun 2013, 07:20
1) Result for the current interview process will be declared in the first week of July. Candidates who get through the interview round, then the simulator/IPT round will be held in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of July.

2) All candidates who do no clear this interview round, or haven't cleared any previous rounds thus far (includes any group discussions), will not be recalled for the same round again. You would need to re-apply for the written exam in this attempt.

3) Both type rated and non type rated may apply for this written exam.

4) No last date of application is mentioned for the written exam. Earlier you apply, the better.

5) It is not compulsory to have a valid IR. Some of the dates for IR and RTR validation are out of bounds. In this case, do not worry. If your IR has expired very very long ago, then please choose the earliest possible date provided. If your lifetime RTR date is beyond the scope of the application, then please choose the last possible date.

I hope this information helps. Good luck to all of you. Bye for now.

RNP2
24th Jun 2013, 12:46
@ Aroumika

Are you sure that the IPT /sims are going to start from the 2 nd week of July?
And another thing is that Candidates from the Aug 2010 batch were given another chance to appear for the interview again,don t you think this may happen again:rolleyes:

Cheers
RNP2:)

go_yell
24th Jun 2013, 16:00
This was a long time back. Different situation, different scenario. The 2013 batch process has started. Also most of 2010/11 would have recency issues, etc. 2013 would have some fresh blood as well.

sunny_07
24th Jun 2013, 21:12
hie dear friends,
i am new here, came back after years...
i really need some help from you yaar. if you could please share your experience? how was the written ? what were the questions if u remember ? how was it ? anything and everything u wnna share about the written ? gd and the intrview ?

please if you could spare few minutes and try to recall and write for me ?
thnx a tonn and god bless

CaptDDay
27th Jun 2013, 13:31
I'd gone for the interview.
Jeppesen Jeppesen Jeppesen!!! Know your charts inside out. He asked everything about it
Stall, Indian Climatology, V speeds, the Usual HR questions... Out in 30 mins.
:ok:

rainbow_world
28th Jun 2013, 17:35
can one apply with rtr(p) ?
i don't have rtr(a)...is it possible that they'll still call me for the exam...

also..im seeing a lot of guys being called for interview...wat interview is it? i thot written exam is yet to happen...

CaptDDay
28th Jun 2013, 17:48
@rainbow_world (http://www.pprune.org/members/394778-rainbow_world), The guys who cleared the written exam(Stage I) in early 2011, attended and cleared their GD (Stage II) in mid 2011 were called this month for an interview (Stage III)

@sunny_07 (http://www.pprune.org/members/345682-sunny_07), refer to this link: http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/438824-jet-airways-trainee-first-officer-6.html#post6177657. @piper_cherokee (http://www.pprune.org/members/329197-piper_cherokee) has explained the process in great detail.

sunny_07
28th Jun 2013, 18:29
Thnx a ton

Ashlesha
1st Jul 2013, 18:24
Hi guys,
Is there anyone who appeared for interview on 24th june 2013 and if yes does any one have any idea of result date.....