PDA

View Full Version : JAA Type rating requirements

Johnny Bekkestad
26th Dec 2010, 18:37
Today i clicked on a link here on the board that took me to a UK company doing typratings, now i dont know much about the JAA regulations but under FAA a King Air B200 is does not require a TR so that made me thing what the differences are.

/Johnny

welliewanger
26th Dec 2010, 23:17
I'm not 100% sure of the FAA requirements, but I think they don't require a TR for <5,700kg turboprops (Kingair) Whereas EASA requires a type rating for any turbine aircraft (jets or turboprops)

captainsuperstorm
27th Dec 2010, 01:18
t/r required for any jet planes or any planes above 12'500 lbs(FAA).

Edgington
27th Dec 2010, 09:38
And 12.500lbs so happens to be 5.700 Kg

In JAA-land a type rating is required for each single pilot multi-engine aeroplane fitted with turbo-prop or turbojet engines.

flyhighspeed300
27th Dec 2010, 11:47
A Jaa licence person flying a Kingair does not need a TR, but you do need a class rating.

A Class rating is an allowance to fly a certain group of aircraft that require training common to all aircraft within the group.

A Type rating is specified if a particular aircraft requires additional specialized training beyond the scope of initial Licence and aircraft class training.

A class rating allows you to fly a kingair single man crew or a two man crew. If you have two man crew, flying a king air on a JAA licence, and only the command has the rating, when you cannot log the hours in the second seat. You will be classed as an air observer.

Edgington
27th Dec 2010, 15:46
@flyhighspeed300 where do you get that from? When reading JAR-FCL and the EASA list of type ratings, my interpretation is that you do need a TR.

VJW
28th Dec 2010, 00:33
Fly high speed is definitely wrong there! Having issued rating working at the CAA previous, I know beyond all doubt that a B200 is type rating.

Which class do you even think the B200 would come under? If you're thinking MEP, perhaps revise what the P stands for Piston- last time I check the B200 was a turbine!