PDA

View Full Version : For U.S. Cathay Cadet applicants what to put in education section?

tu144
6th Nov 2010, 21:10
What did you guys put in the education section of the online application form? It seems kind of confusing because in the U.S. grading standards and testing are different and I am not sure what they are asking for there. SAT scores? Thanks for everyone's help.

AsL402
8th Nov 2010, 17:24
I just put my GPA on the Result part and that got me an interview last year. I didn't even put my SAT scores. They have a lot of International applicants so i think they will understand.

tu144
9th Nov 2010, 04:07
this is for hs or college? You just put separate courses? Which courses are we supposed to list?

AsL402
9th Nov 2010, 22:16
I think you are only supposed to put in scores for College. So I put my GPA as the score as a whole. I didn't list them by courses.

MrTyler
10th Nov 2010, 04:33
guys, the jobs are better in the US.

see these posts:
http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour-wannabes/430529-why-i-knocked-back-cathay.html

http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour/431881-cx-resignations.html

and any more..:ugh:

tu144
10th Nov 2010, 18:04
still want to see if i could get in. At the least it will be a good experience going through an airline type interview/selection process.

tu144
10th Nov 2010, 18:26
you just put gpa and left everything else blank?so what happened did you get in? What was the interview like? Where was it?I Appreciate your responses!

AsL402
10th Nov 2010, 20:13
Yup, i just put my year of Graduation and GPA and left everything else blank.

I didn't get in, but i'm planning to reapply when my 10 months is up. Now working on my PPL. I was a 0 hour applicant and the whole process was actually pretty fun. I did both Stage 1 and 2 in Hong Kong. I never expected to get an interview, so i was totally not ready for it. I'm pretty sure i didn't show them that i was passionate enough since i only used 1-2 months of time to do my research to prep for the interviews. Pretty surprised i was able to get to Stage 2 though.

If you plan on applying, make sure you are ready for it. Even though it will be probably 6 months or so before they will call for an interview, that 6 months is absolutely not enough to prepare you.

You have any flying experience?

tu144
10th Nov 2010, 20:24
working on my ppl. Been on and off for a few years work and other things kept getting in the way but about to get serious with it. Finish my private at local flying club and get everything else done at atp academy. Where do i find all the info for all the interview stages?

AsL402
10th Nov 2010, 22:08
The best source is in the "Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme" thread. Very long thread, but its worth it to read all of it.

tu144
10th Nov 2010, 22:46
did u put your interview location preference as hong kong? Is it better to do that?

tu144
10th Nov 2010, 22:52
how do you plan on doing your training?

AsL402
12th Nov 2010, 00:17
You would probably get an interview earlier if you put HK. I put in LA as my first preference but they emailed me when I was accepted to Stage 1 to see if I wanted to do it in HK at my own cost. They said they didn't know when they will be here in LA, so I accepted the offer.

I plan on at least finishing my PPL and pass the check ride before reapplying next year. If i have enough time/money, i will go for my IR next and continue training myself if i don't get in the CPP and sign up for Dragonair's CPP since i have a HKID.

tu144
12th Nov 2010, 04:13
Where are you taking the lessons?

elgringo
14th Nov 2010, 09:23
If you are really considering the job without the housing allowance, what you should put in the "education section" should be NONE

What they pay here is equivalent to American Eagle FO first year pay with a JFK base...and you have no where to reasonably commute too.

Don't do it.