PDA

View Full Version : Headsets and books

TikkiRo
10th Apr 2001, 01:41
Anyone by any chance either got a headset they no longer want, that they'd be willing to sell off cheaply or failing that to be able to provide some suggestions of lower-price range sets that would be suitable for a student PPL not expecting to put in high hours on completion? I'm also desperately trying to borrow a recent copy of T. Thom's Air Navigation if anyone would be willing to loan it across to me for a few weeks, with the strong promise of its return! Any help much appreciated. Thanks. TR

ACARS
10th Apr 2001, 03:43
Where in the world are you? I am in Ireland. Can post to you, no probs

I am happy for you to borrow my air nav for a few weeks as I won't need it until Set/Oct this year.

Email me at [email protected]

Cheers
NeilB

A and C
10th Apr 2001, 12:27
Look at the flying club for the books as some one is always selling them as for the head set buy a DC it will save you money in the long run i have been flying for about 20 years in the first 10 years i destroyed 3 head sets then in 1991 i got a DC H10-60 and its still working as well as the day it came out of the box.

TikkiRo
10th Apr 2001, 13:17
Thanks guys - Email on its way to you Neil. D&C - Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, finances may not stretch quite that far unless I can find a very very good secondhand price, but we'll see. At least now I've something to work on.
Much appreciated. TR

Final 3 Greens
10th Apr 2001, 15:59
TK

You could look at the Avcomm AC200 - not as well built as DC, but they'd get you started and last for a couple of years - Transair do them