PDA

View Full Version : Notam Linate LIML

flydive1
20th Sep 2010, 17:46
Hi guys, if you operate into Milan Linate. Basically looks like a cover their a**es, but might have legal implications if anything should happen while there.
Like, if a baggage cart hit your aircraft while on the main apron they might say it is your fault becase you did not take the test.
Problems are:
- The test is intended for pilots not based there, mainly foreigners, but the test is only in Italian.
- Test is bit confusing, some questions are not clear, for some the "correct" answer does not correspond to the information provided(AIP etc).
- After the completion of the 3 test modules you are supposed to get a link to a page where you get a certificate of completion to print, unfortunately you get a blank page.(do not know if the problem has been solved yet)

Here the notam:
A4762/10 NOTAMN Q) LIMM/QFAXX/IV/NBO/A/000/999/4526N00916E005 A) LIML B) 1008061433 C) 1010271400 EST E) IN ORDER TO PROVIDE TO GENERAL AVIATION PILOTS WILLING TO OPERATE TO/FROM MILANO LINATE AIRPORT, AN EXHAUSTIVE RANGE OF INFORMATION CONCERNING THE AIRPORT OPERATIONS AND AIRCRAFT GROUND MOVEMENT IS NOW AVAILABLE A SPECIFIC SAFETY WEBSITE ACCESSIBLE AT SEA - Aeroporti Milano (http://WWW.SEA-AEROPORTIMILANO.IT) BY CLICKING ON AVIAZIONE GENERALE LINATE. THE SITE CONSTITUTE AN IMPORTANT AND DECISIVE SAFETY MEAN TOWARDS INCIDENT/ACCIDENT PREVENTION. SEA, AS LINATE AIRPORT MANAGING COMPANY, RECOMMENDS TO THE CREW STAFF NOT BASED AT MILANO/LINATE AIRPORT AND WITH THE NEED TO USE THE MILANO/LINATE INFRASTRUCTURES TO CONSULT THE WEBSITE IN ADVANCE BY REGISTERING THE REQUESTED PERSONAL DATA. IN CASE OF OPERATION INCONVENIENCE, IF THE PILOT HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY COMPLETELY CONSULTED THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THE SAFETY WEBSITE, AERODROME OPERATOR (SEA), ON THE PREMISE THAT THE NEGLIGENT BEHAVIOUR OF THE PILOT MAY HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT, RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INFORM THE NATIONAL FLIGHT SAFETY AUTHORITY ACCORDINGLY. REF AIP AD 2 LIML 1-9 CREATED: 06 Aug 2010 14:34:00 SOURCE: LIIAYNYX

421C
20th Sep 2010, 17:55
I notice this as a printed note at the ATA handling desk, weekend before last. Dutifully pulled out my laptop and went to the website. Not available in English.

My reaction to a website relating to an international airport and claiming to "CONSTITUTE AN IMPORTANT AND DECISIVE SAFETY MEAN TOWARDS INCIDENT/ACCIDENT PREVENTION" but which wasn't available in English was.....

brgds
421C

His dudeness
21st Sep 2010, 06:37
I came across the same prob and decided not to bother with it until they come up with an english or german version...I asked the ATA guys about it and they gave me the tradional italian shrug, so...