PDA

View Full Version : Dennes Uniforms ? Opinions Please

l8starter
6th Aug 2010, 13:04
Hello Chaps and Chapesses,

I would be very interested to hear of anyones opinion about the uniforms supplied by HRDennes at Crawley in the UK; quality, durability, comfort etc. I'm on the verge of starting a job (at long last, hopefully, keeping everything crossed, after redundancy two years ago), and have been asked to source a uniform. Previously had Wensom (but now gone), and Miller-Rayner (would like to do better).

I undersand that Dennes have supplied GAMA, Execujet, and Ocean Sky, amongst others, so would particularly welcome feedback from anyone employed by them. I know some of those companies have gone down the 'Bespoke' road, and we will probably get Off the Peg, or perhaps Made to Measure, but any/all input would be gratefully received; including that of the Cabin Crew, female that is (as they will only employ the ladies).

This is not a plug for Dennes, and may be of interest to others, but Dennes tell me that they can supply any shirt, which could be handy if you need a supplier of Van Heusen, for example, in the UK (I couldn't find any). Dennes do their own 'Cotton Rich' shirt, at a very reasonable price (£10 mark), and 55% cotton 45% poly mix, and would also like to know how they are for comfort, durability, and ironing (getting quite good at that after having spent such a long time at home !)

Grateful for all offerings, and feel free to PM.

Cheers,

L8.

PPRuNe Towers
6th Aug 2010, 20:05
Normally the last thing I would do is mention a company that advertises with us - separation of church and state Etc.

However, I've just bought a complete rig from a company that advertises at the top of the page that isn't part of the Crawley airline suburbs. I went there under my own steam, no mention of PPRuNe till it was all done, paid with my own money.

Everything bar the jacket doubled up down to bars and belts £260 including alterations and braid sewn on.

That was off the peg but trousers were in half inch waist sizes with the length unmade to be sewn to suit. Same for the jacket - sleeves were unsewn for the last 9 inches so they could be finished to length and braided while you wait. Shirts were own brand or Van Heusen and they do have a full on line mail order service too.

I was a very happy camper but your mileage may vary - after all this business is north of Watford, the motorway is cobbled and the rainbows are in black and white.

Rob

NuName
18th Jan 2011, 03:49
Excuse me if I'm being a bit of a thickie but can't find the ad you refer to, is a PM a possibility?