PDA

View Full Version : Swiss european info

liftman
10th Feb 2009, 21:08
Hi all,

got an interview as DE f/O on Avro Rj I discovered I have to pay travel and hotel for selection.

Before going I would like to receive info about the company, rosters,lifestyle,money ecc ecc.

Already checked PPJN but It doesn't say a lot.

TKS

METO power
11th Feb 2009, 19:04
Good Luck to you,

used to fly for LX years ago. Don’t know much about nowadays, except that they are still very cheap. Be aware, in case of redundancy they fire all non swiss first, irrespectively of seniority.

Flare-Idle
11th Feb 2009, 20:48
METO

I am afraid you're completely wrong on the redundancy issue at Swiss European and Swiss International. Last in first out, no matter of passport, language, color, bank account...

liftman

Seperate seniority lists at Swiss European and Swiss International. Transfer European to International possible, however acc. to demand and seniority. Age limit applies as well (not sure, 38 ?).
European rosters quite busy, yet lot of short sectors (Destinations include BSL, GVA, MUC, STR, NUE, FRA, HAJ, MXP, NCE, BCN, LCY...) and night stopping. Nice crews, good training, yet expect quite a low crew morale due to undefined strategy where to go in the future and due to "junior-partner" or "regional" effect with Swiss International.
Low pay (well I admit that depends on your recent lifestyle...) for type of aircraft and type of operations. Old aircraft, replacement type open, E190s lost some credits and rumors are C-series again back in the game.
Lifestyle: All crews homebase in ZRH with occasional rotation blocks starting out of BSL and GVA. STBY duty: you've to be within 1 hour distance to report for duty.

Good luck

Dr. Feelgood
11th Feb 2009, 21:10
Flare Idle,

Apparently you were not there in 2003 :ugh: At that time we heard the same story............... seniority counts. Yeah right!!!!

Cheers, :E

Doc

liftman
12th Feb 2009, 11:36
Thanks guys!

Flare, care to explain low salary?

Actually I am not working as pilot but salary is quite good (around 4000)

Robert Vesco
12th Feb 2009, 15:20
I am afraid you're completely wrong on the redundancy issue at Swiss European and Swiss International. Last in first out, no matter of passport, language, color, bank account...True, but the Swiss always make sure that the last ones on the "seniority list" are either foreigners (i.e. anyone not fluent in Schwietzerdütsch) and/or ex-Crossair.

I don't understand why anyone would humiliate themselves to the extend of applying to become a second class citizen in a European nation. In Middle East for big bucks and a type on a 777 or 330 is to some extent understandable, but in Europe...on an AVRO...!?!?

Flare-Idle
12th Feb 2009, 20:53
liftman

According to my informations expect around 65'000 Swiss Francs p.a. to start with (that is gross salary). Cost of living in and around ZRH quite expensive...

N1 and ITT
13th Feb 2009, 13:14
Funny how the old guys always try to hijack the questions of wannabees to express their deep and stupid frustration. Go and whine at Dose and Co, leave, please.

Times have changed a lot since these days. Mr Suter is no more. Seniority counts, period.

Just a very good picture how that old crap company used to work like... I feel sick thinking of it! :yuk:

N1