PDA

View Full Version : There is some think wrong here or its my impression?

RICCARDOVOLANTE
23rd Sep 2008, 15:13
I just receive this e mail as answer to an ad looking for pilotsw/
There is some think wrong here or its my impression?
Regards
Riccardo Volante

Application Captain

020-8921352

020-8921393

[email protected]

September 23st 2008

Dear Mr.Riccardo Volante

In reference to your application for the position of Captain we regret to inform you that at the moment you do not meet the requirements needed for this position.

For the position of Captain in our company you need to speak the Dutch language fluently and also have a Dutch nationality.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in our organization and wish you good luck in future applications.

Yours sincerely,

Emiel Tybout
HRM

ArkeFly
HRM

T +31(0)20.892.1401
F +31(0)20.892.1345
M
E [email protected]
I arkefly.nl

JAA is the only Pilot license in all Europe all the test must be done all in english.Mandatory.
There is European Union which allow every european to work anywhere in Europe.
Why they did not tell you on the AD before?
Why JAA license for?
Why European Union for?
Why European passaport for?
I do think is right at all
Sorry
Regards
Ricardo Volante

Arne Blå
23rd Sep 2008, 16:55
This does not belong in the Nordic forum, but anyway:

Some companies want epmloyees who speak the language of their country, and they are entitled to that, posting complete requirements in their ads or not. Not sure about the nationality question.

Cool down man. Also I hope you get some help when writing applications in English.

RSFTO
23rd Sep 2008, 18:09
Hei Riccardo, I agree with you. why dont you send a formal complain to EU and EASA (JAA) headquarters.
Take care.

An2
23rd Sep 2008, 20:42
Hei Riccardo, I agree with you. why dont you send a formal complain to EU and EASA (JAA) headquarters.
Take care.

Oh yeah!:ok:
That will certainly get him into Arkefly!! ....then again,...maybe not!:E

@RICCARDOVOLANTE

Of course Arkefly wants you to speak dutch!
There is absolutely nothing strange about that. Especially if you apply for a commanders position.
That thingy about not being of dutch nationality though, is quite a different matter and quite discriminatory! (EU and all that....)
Heck,....if you are so hell-bent on getting on with them, why don't you try to learn some dutch?!;) Nothing wrong with learning an extra language, or two.

Apart from that, I second ArneBlå's opinions; Wrong forum AND maybe you should work on that english of yours. Not meant to be rude though!;)

Son of a Beech
24th Sep 2008, 11:21
I clearly remember applying in medeteranian countries for a job and getting exactly the same reply so this is not only in the netherlands.

p.s. i guess for somebody that far south the Netherlands does sound like one of the nordic country's. ;)

PD.