PDA

View Full Version : Bob Tait's BAK Book for Sale or Loan?

mcgrath50
12th Aug 2008, 10:18
Hi,

I was recommended by my flying school to get the ATC course books but everyone else, including a few instructors there, recommend the Bob Tait book and I believe it may be beneficial as I am finding the ATC book hard to read after spending the day at school!

Having said that I do not want to shell out another $80. So if anyone is interested in selling me or lending me (if you don't need it but want to keep it on your shelf for reference). I'm happy to pay postage and obviously something for the book itself! I promise to take good care of it :)

Thanks,

elche
12th Aug 2008, 11:35
I have the GFPT Dyson Holland folder you can borrow if you'd like.
Personally I found B.T not all that good, same as ATC. My BAK, PPL and CPL were all done with D.H folders and passed them all first go. Most say D.H is information overload, but you can easily see what is overload and what is not and get through it rather quickly.:)

povopilot
12th Aug 2008, 12:13
Aaaarghhh i've already given ATC a flogging, don't get me started on Dyson fecking Holland. In all honesty I would just buy the Bob Tait book so you have it forever, I got it after passing PPL and still enjoyed reading it. Plus the more books you have on your book shelf the smarter you will look to visitors!. $80 is not that much considering if you are looking at ATPL in the long run, you could spend into the thousands on books/study notes.

I could afford it and i'm the povopilot...... wait maybe thats WHY i'm the povopilot.

go_soaring
13th Aug 2008, 03:17
Do the right thing and just buy the Bob Taits books, dont shaft him by buying/loaning them off someone else. They'll come in handy one day anyway..

go_soaring! instead

constellaton
13th Aug 2008, 11:22
go for bob tait and not jus bak and ppl but for ur cpls as well. my flight school got me into ATC but i returned them and got bob taits instead.

information presented in bob tait is very simple to understand and i think is da best book for homestudy