PDA

View Full Version : Invisible members?

SOPS
1st Aug 2001, 15:36
When you log in now it says something about"Hi there are 250 members on line(55 invisible)......
Can some please explain to me what the hell are "invisible members"? Thanks :eek:

Capt PPRuNe
1st Aug 2001, 22:08
There is a new feature called 'Who is On Line?'. If you click on the link you can see a list of who is on line and what topic they are reading, starting or replying to or which forum they are browsing.

Many of the the people browsing or reading are either not registered or registered but not logged in and they will appear as 'Guests'. When you log in you are also given the option to remain 'visible' or 'invisible' in the list of registered users in the 'Who is On Line' page.

Just gives you the option to a bit more privacy if you are that concerned about it.

For those who are not familiar with the Who is On Line feature Click Here (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=whos_online)

Background Noise
1st Aug 2001, 23:53
The chances are, I assume, that most of the 'guests' are members who have not logged in.

The most ever thing seems a bit odd though. The number seems to go up and down so can't really me a most ever can it? Incidentally, it now gives the most ever as today at 23:54 - is that today in yesterday's zulu or is it still 3 hours away?

Any idea when search will come back?

Capt PPRuNe
2nd Aug 2001, 04:16
Yep, there's a bug in the 'record book' bit. Still, gives me an idea of how many people are using PPRuNe.

By my reckoning PPRuNe has twice as many readers as registered members and the Who is On Line feature confirms it. The server logs show how many visitors PPRuNe gets and it has been fairly consistent over the years.

Based on the server logs and other logging functions PPRuNe has well over 100,000 readers with the majority never registering. Currently we are getting around 70 new registrations a day so that means around 200 new readers a day. This is also backed up by the amount of bandwidth that the server is using with a steady increase and already up by 40% in two months.

Must start getting info on upgrading the server! :(

lame
3rd Aug 2001, 11:39
Danny,

Isn't it supposed to be "who's on first"? Or was it "who's on second"?

:D :D :D :D :D

Best regards,

"lame"