PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan Routing

classic707
23rd Jan 2008, 12:50
..is it possible to fly with an executive A/C to Taipei from Kazahkstan, crossing the Chinese airspace or do i have to land in China for refuelling to continue to Taiwan?
..or do i have to avoid the Chinese airspace totally and arriving from HKG; Macao whatever???

kwachon
23rd Jan 2008, 13:00
Just apply for an overflight permit for China, Taiwan is considered part of China by the Chinese so I see no problem, however given the tensions between the two I might be wrong. :}

acmi48
23rd Jan 2008, 19:21
for commercial flights i have had route tpe ala via revki refused no detailed reason given - however as a GA flight you may get approval -if not you cud try stop in hkg or mfm for fuel ...

merlinxx
24th Jan 2008, 14:45
Don't lie, the Mainland monitors the Island. Try for an O/FLT & see. Use an agent like Jepp, UV or AR. PM me for ctcs.

Lefthandseat
28th Jan 2008, 07:39
oh no!! this is very wrong information!! Taiwan is NOT part of MAINLAND CHINA> Mainland CHINA is a soverign by itself. It's 2 different permits.
If your POA is Taiwan, then you do not need to apply for overflight Taiwan but please study carefully. Merlinxx is right! .use Jepp, UV, or whatever. they got the contacts!

and if you are landing in Taiwan or Mainland China, e.g, if your POA is Guangzhou ( ZGGG ) please use Hong Kong or SHengzhen as your alternates, avoid using say Taiwanese airports though they may be nearer.

just my 2cents.