PDA

View Full Version : CFMU / SLOTS Question

fullyspooled
19th Sep 2007, 17:38
It's my first post starting a thread, so forgive me if I'm asking in the wrong forum. My first question is aimed at those helpfull people who work at CMFU - Please explain to me why your phone system answers calls immediately - with a message to thank me for holding! Is it not evident to you that 90% of your callers are from overseas, and many of the pilots (like me) do it from cell phones! I don't mind waiting if you can't answer the phone immediately, I know you are busy, but it really pisses me off having to pay to wait, when otherwise it would be free if you would just let the phone ring!!

Okay, having got that of my chest perhaps you could help me with another problem I just can't fathom out. I'm no longer airline (thank God), so when I get allocated a long slot delay (which I understand is inevitable from time to time) it would be helpfull if I could advise my pax when they should tip up for their private/charter flight. In many instances it is preferable to give them a precise time, albeit a delayed one, rather than have them hanging around waiting for the possibility of an improvement. Is there any means of FIXING the slot time you allocate us when we are delayed? If so, how, and if not, why?

Many thanks an anticipation