PDA

View Full Version : Life without BA? Real deal for Easyjet?

derrick batty
2nd Oct 2001, 00:03
Anyone with the time to let me know how life in the LHS with Easy is with regards roster stability, days off, take home etc. All info', good and bad gratefully received.

Orangewing
2nd Oct 2001, 00:45
I'm actually RHS, so am not qualified to answer your question. However, job security is very good, loads are very good, days off once published are sacred, and we are one of the few relatively safe bets in the UK.
Roster stability is getting better, but for LHS still needs working on, but as I say it does seem to be improving - depends where you get based. Good company to work for. ;)

The Puzzler
2nd Oct 2001, 13:06
Torquesplit,

You could do alot worse than eJ - typically we get 8-10 days off a month (which as Orangewing said are sacred). Take home is never below £4000/mth, roster stability varies enormously from week to week and I have averaged 750 hours per year for the last couple of years. There is plenty of scope for trips away or time at home as you prefer but as I said, this can vary on short notice.

Hope this helps :)

[ 02 October 2001: Message edited by: greenroom ]

LAVDUMPER
3rd Oct 2001, 00:43
Orangewing,

How do you guys like the new 737-700s vs. the 737-300s? I hear the automation is improved - better flight displays, etc.

Do you notice much difference between the two types? Do you have a preference?

Cheers

Orangewing
3rd Oct 2001, 01:11
I can only speak for myself, and have to say the -700 is a joy to fly. The automatics are very similar to -300, but the presentation and the displays themselves are extremely good. In many ways, there are a lot of differences between the two, however mixing the flying on both types is no problem, we often fly both types in the same day.
So yes, the differences are noticeable,in lots of ways (try getting a -300 to climb at 3000fpm through FL350!)and without a doubt I prefer the -700 every time.
Regards,

Lapsus linguae
3rd Oct 2001, 15:04
3000 FPM @350, never. Yes it is an improvement on the 300 until you come to land it! Oh for some shimmy dampers.

As for easyJet, the future looks promising, passenger loads are holding up well. Still good prospects for promotion, for those with some experience.

geardown3greens
4th Oct 2001, 04:19
The future's not bright, unless you are orange! :D