PDA

View Full Version : I am an atc from China

skywalkerlober
9th Aug 2007, 10:50
Hello,everybody,I am an air traffic controller in China,I am glad to meet so many people who are interested in air traffic control,and I think we will be good friends.

Fox3snapshot
9th Aug 2007, 12:23
Howdy there Skywalker, welcome to PPRune! :ok:

skywalkerlober
9th Aug 2007, 12:27
thank you,are you a controller?

Fox3snapshot
9th Aug 2007, 13:23
Depends who you ask, my instructors and bosses have always questioned it, but the cleaner thinks I do a good job! :E

ASD
9th Aug 2007, 15:39
Hello and welcome

Whats your working conditions like in China?

9th Aug 2007, 21:10
Ni hao, wo lai zi ying guo. Nin cong nali lai? Nin zuo shen me gong zuo?
Huan ying pprune.

Red Dragon
10th Aug 2007, 03:52
Well that's easy for you to say.
:)

Welcome Skywalkerlober. Where abouts in China do you work? Tell us more.

skywalkerlober
10th Aug 2007, 04:51
I am working for an apporach center(terminal), i like my job.in our area,the traffic flow growing fast,because civil aviation in China is depending so fast,maybe you konw,we will guide all the aircraft which arrive at or depart from Shenzhen Zhuhai and Macau,so in some conditions,we should use english to coordinate with Macau,Hongkong and some foreign airliners.

skywalkerlober
10th Aug 2007, 05:01
to 055166k (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=34321)
你能看懂中文吗?我是中国一名普通的管制员,我目前在中国民航珠海进近管制中心工作,我们的工作就是指挥深圳,珠海,澳门机场的 进离场飞行管制以及以及其他相关工作。

to 055166k (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=34321)
if you can't understand Chinese,i just say,i am an ATC in Zhuhai Terminal Air Traffic Manegement Center,We Provide air traffic control service, alert service and information service to aircraft in our area, At present, area have 5 airports: Shenzhen ,zhuhai and macau airport.

Knackers
10th Aug 2007, 23:05
Hey Skywalker, have you been in any of the groups that came to Melbourne recently?

skywalkerlober
11th Aug 2007, 06:55
ye,i konw what you have said,i am just a freshman,my instructor came to melbourne last year for further education,do you konw him?

JonnyCash
11th Aug 2007, 18:42
DaarthVaderlober , Yeah, i know him

skywalkerlober
12th Aug 2007, 02:07
to dear jonnycash:
waht's the meaning of "daarthvader",i 'm sorry i can't understand it,have you been to China recently?

Tarq57
12th Aug 2007, 04:05
So.Haven't seen Starwars?
Just like the name?

skywalkerlober
12th Aug 2007, 05:05
Anakin Skywalker is the central character in the Star Wars universe,i like him, hoho~~
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ADVG/529~Anakin-Skywalker-Posters.jpg
http://www.poster.net/star-wars/star-wars-episode-iii-anakin-skywalker-4900969.jpg

Tarq57
12th Aug 2007, 09:56
And Darth is the bad guy formerly known as Anakin.
It's a play on words.

PS Sorry for ruining the plot, all those who haven't seen it.

skywalkerlober
12th Aug 2007, 10:21
hoho,u are welcome,are you a air traffic controller?

Tarq57
12th Aug 2007, 10:25
Yep. (It's in my profile.)
Been in the tower a few years, did area radar before that, non-radar tower and approach periodically.

skywalkerlober
14th Aug 2007, 12:18
you are so cool,markjoy.
i like the feeling that guide the aircraft,hoho~as a freshman,dou you think what i shoud be first in my career?

Jerricho
14th Aug 2007, 15:54
Hi Sky

Could you please give some insight as to how the expansion of the aviation industry in China has impacted on Air Traffic Control staffing, infrastructure and systems.

.....and for you other clowns, no, I'm not looking to move again

LapSap
14th Aug 2007, 23:29
And while you're at it, could you please explain why Zhuhai APP needs us to provide such large spacing between Macau Runway 16 arrivals at INDUS:confused:.

P.S. Can we please have a tiny bit of your airspace to the north of Hong Kong so we can have a north circuit. Pretty please. :\

Tarq57
14th Aug 2007, 23:38
as a freshman,dou you think what i shoud be first in my career?

Jedi initiate.

Tarq57
15th Aug 2007, 03:22
But seriously, I don't have any idea of what conditions are like in China. I know a tiny bit about Hong Kong, from friends who have worked there, but that is all. So I don't know what would be best for you.
Me, I prefer tower work.I find it a little more tactical, you can see things happen in real time; it is a little easier, even if the traffic density is higher at times. But I'm also very glad to have the radar experience.
What I do suggest, is to get to know people in your business, the folks you'll be working with, and listen a lot, and learn to work well with them, and not make any decisions about where you want to work too soon. That's assuming you have a choice, and are later able to change.
I'm learning that what is important is who you know, and how you get on with them, as much as how well you can do the job. The two are linked.
As to you are so cool,markjoy there are quite a few people who I'm sure would disagree, but thanks.
Mark.

skywalkerlober
15th Aug 2007, 15:25
to LapSap (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=154355)

i'm sorry i can't explain it to you so clearly because i am in novicate,in the letter of agreement about ZHUHAI,HONGKONGAND MACAU,it says:
RWY 16 ARR Hong Kong Zhuhai INDUS 2700m/20nm

For traffic from Hong Kong FIR to Macao via Zhuhai airspace

in my opinion,this separation is necessary because the aircraft which approach in VMMC RWY 16 has the potential conflict with the aircraft which approach VHHH RWY 07,on the other hand,hongkong and zhuhai are different 2 units, so we should coordinate with each other.at last,RWY 16 is IGS(locallizer/DME) approach,it is more difficult than ILS approach.
maybe tomorrow will be better, i believe.

skywalkerlober
15th Aug 2007, 15:34
dear Mark,thank you for your real advise.
thank you~~