PDA

View Full Version : Bendix King KMA28 Audio panel - replacement mic sel. switch

Randomtox
9th Apr 2006, 15:43
Hi all,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out with a technical problem I have with a Bendix/King KMA 28 audio panel.

Unfortunately, the Com Selector switch has been knocked off - leaving the unit in Comm 1 transmit only. The actual unit itself is fine - but not valid for IFR flight. The problem is I cannot seem to find anyone in the UK who has a replacement selector swicth (or a replacement unit which we could swap out).

The only 'help' I've had from local aviation firms is - "you need to buy a new one" or "ship it back to the US - it'll only take 8 weeks to repair"

I find it hard to believe that Bendix don't have any spares of this switch - or replacement units which I can swap out !! I'll happily pay for a swap out - but don't really want to pay ~£1000 for a new uinit when the only thing that is knackered is a switch.

Does anyone have (or know someone who has) a unit they could swap out - or someone who might have the spare part required ?

All / any suggestions welcome !

regards
random

Fargoo
9th Apr 2006, 18:09
Hi Random,
Have you tried the lads down at Fairoaks, they should be able to help you out.

# Avionics:
# Tel: (+44)(0)1276 85 7888
# Fax: (+44)(0)1276 85 7510
# Email: [email protected]

You could also try Avionicare down in Southend on 01702 542400, they do servicing on Bendix stuff.

Cheers, Fargoo :ok:

Randomtox
9th Apr 2006, 18:49
Thanks Fargo - I've had an email from someone in Southend (but that was for a replacement unit) I'll try the numbers you suggsted for Fairoaks !

cheers

random