PDA

View Full Version : The Mad, the Bad and the Ugly Al Baker

Fly-on-the-wall
1st Apr 2006, 04:58
:} It seems Al Baker is going of the rails - 1st of April and still no salaries. Have the cockpit and cabincrew of Qatar Airways done something wrong, "again"?
Is this his way of showing who's "The Boss"!
Is there nothing that can be done to remedy this airline?

GreenOnGo
1st Apr 2006, 07:20
:uhoh: Oh man! That can't be good. Has it happened before that the money is late? I have a mate looking at QR and this does not inspire much confidence.

Fly-on-the-wall
1st Apr 2006, 07:40
Apparently it is the 1st time. Hope it's also the last time. The airline has become to big for Al Baker's one-man-band approach. It seems he doesn't trust his own shadow let alone any other more-than-capable people to help him run his "little airline".
Working hours can be horrific and if your friend wants to average 4 days a month home and the rest of his off days, off-base, then he can apply. However, having a family I don't recommend QR as the ideal company to work for - you'll never see them!!!

Fly-on-the-wall
1st Apr 2006, 12:18
Well, for what it is worth! Still no salary...

capt.magoo
2nd Apr 2006, 03:01
FLY ON THE WALL....
BEFORE YOU SLAG OFF THE AIRLINE AND THE PEOPLE INVOLVED,HAVE YOU EVEN CONSIDERED CHECKING WITH YOUR BANK??????????????

FOR WHATS IT WORTH MY SALARY IS IN THE BANK AS IT WAS LAST MONTH AS IT WAS LAST YEAR AS IT WILL BE NEXT YEAR ALWAYS ON TIME....:mad:

Fly-on-the-wall
28th Apr 2006, 16:03
Dear Capt. Magoo,

U certainly must be a qatari (note no capital letter). It seems you also float in the dark.
Sorry to burst your bubble - the company had to go to the Emiri to beg for money seeing that they ran out of cash and couldn't pay the expats (it seems).
Not slagging "the company" - they do it themselves.