PDA

View Full Version : Taking Tests

Fly Better!
22nd Mar 2006, 14:19
I am busily completing application forms for various airline jobs, its been a long time since I went through any kind of selection process so I am going to need all the help I can get :p

I have done searches of these forums for advice but can’t find any information on more specific points regarding the math and English type test.

This might sound daft but do companies expect candidates to use calculators when doing the maths test, it seems that they are even allowed in schools these days, they weren’t even invented when I went to school. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a link to any sites that give examples of the kind of test I can expect to be taking?

Thanks.

Waspy
22nd Mar 2006, 17:47
As an example, BA maths test doesn't require you being an engineer and calculators are not allowed. It should be called a logical test or rule of thumb. E.g: a car burns 5 litres of fuel/100km. How many miles can I drive with a 1/4 full 10 gallon tank?
Their english test is similar to what is done during IQ tests in your own language. As non native, it is a difficult one to pass, but no preparation is possible. It simply reflects how logical you are when constructing phrases (in any language) or understanding them.
Does this help you? :cool:

Fly Better!
22nd Mar 2006, 18:18
I guess its the same for all companies then, and yes that clears it up, just one question is that US gallons or Imperial gallons :p :}