PDA

View Full Version : Ford Air Stansted

HZ123
27th Feb 2006, 10:53
Is there any truth in the strong rumour that the above will be pulling out of the operation and awarding it elsewhere. It would seem a logical step considering that the company has been operating for nearly 40 years and it is difficult enough selling there cars let alone running a small airline.

Avman
27th Feb 2006, 10:58
Can't actually give you a factual answer to your question. However, I have observed that all FOB flights from our local airport have recently been operated by other operators (mainly Titan BAe 146 and Excel B737-800).

Rigga
27th Feb 2006, 14:40
Rumour has it that pilots are not wanting to fly until Ford's recently declared Worldwide Redundancies are sorted out.
In the meantime, all flying is contracted out and I also believe FordAir is noticing the difference money-wise!

Something to do with their own Feet and Bullets, methinks.

LGW Vulture
27th Feb 2006, 16:47
Rumour has it that the thread's been goin' on for some weeks! :E

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208109

StressFree
28th Feb 2006, 07:35
Rigga,
You're talking out of your ar*e...........utter :mad:

When you know real facts then post them, until then keep your stupid mis-informed opinions to yourself.

tilewood
28th Feb 2006, 09:01
StressFree
Methinks your username is a little inappropriate! :p
And yes there are rumours circulating quite widely!

StressFree
28th Feb 2006, 10:51
Tilewood,
You're right, I have lost composure on this issue because I'm sick of being tarred with this brush............

:*

See the post by 26.2 on the other thread for the real story.

Rigga
28th Feb 2006, 11:53
As the frog said "REDDIT"
It seems my statement could be closer than you thought!
...and I thought this was the PP "Rumour" NEtwork?

StressFree
28th Feb 2006, 14:24
Rigga,
I'm one of the people you are talking about - so don't tell me your statement "is closer than I think". The difference between you and me is I know the FACTS. I know this is a Rumour network but some of the posts on this subject have crossed the line and make remarks prejudicial to the Ford staff, which simply are not true...........

:sad:

Outlook
28th Feb 2006, 15:16
I have never read so much rubbish since I opened the Daily <insert your "favourite" tabloid name here>

Stressfree, good for you... :ok:

shed loads
1st Mar 2006, 15:00
Good luck guys.

Some of us on the outside also know the WHOLE truth.

LJ.543
17th Mar 2006, 19:43
I hear a rumour that there was an announcement yesterday making the pilots redundant. Any update on this?

LJ

The Puzzler
17th Mar 2006, 23:50
LJ543, fact. :ugh:

Stressfree, thanks for putting Rigga straight. :ok:

It might be a small operation but that still doesnt alter the mistreatment of staff by management - the same everywhere. :{

The Discretion Gimp
18th Mar 2006, 07:44
Bye Bye Ford Air Transportation.
Finishes end April.
Starts out of Southend using Flightline after that!
Good work guys!:ok:

TopBunk
18th Mar 2006, 08:11
Best wishes to all those at Fordair. Used to work there and fly regularly on the 1-11's and G1 in the 1980's between STN, LPL, MAS, CGN and VLC, on occasion occupying the 1-11 jumpseat.

Triggered my dormant enthusiasm for aviation and I now fly the 744 for BA.

Sad to hear of its demise, if maybe not totally unexpected in today's marketplace.

bacardi walla
18th Mar 2006, 08:33
So CGN only and IST vanishes. From what I've heard, the schedule will be severely reduced when FLT take over. Ford will obviously save a packet in the process. Sad news for the employees of Fordair. PM me if I can be of assistance in finding some of you new employment.

tilewood
24th Mar 2006, 11:20
Any further news on the transfer of Ford Air's operations?